Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

1200 Ridgefield Blvd
Ste 155
Asheville, NC 28806
828-667-3854
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Not a caring medical professional  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2013

I saw Dr. Scott for chronic back pain I have suffered many yrs. He gave me trigger point injections, epidurals, facet injections & after I refused to have the neuro-stimulator implant, since the TENS unit was totally ineffective & I didn't want any more invasive procedures, he refused to treat me any longer. He was always rude & seemed to be in a hurry. It took mnths to get the 1st appointment & the wait time was always at least 45 min. He is totally unprofessional & just running a money racket. If I could give him a negative rating it would be -10.

|  former healthcare giver, construction worker and current school teacher  |  show details
by Jonathan S. on May 22nd, 2013

Aside from the professionalism at Dr. Scott's office from the top down, everyone is personable and friendly. That is difficult to do when dealing with patients in pain. I know because before my jobs as construction worker and school teacher I was in health care my self as a Search & Rescue medic in the Navy and a pharmacy tech in hospitals. I am also someone who suffers in pain from accidents that occurred during my previous employment over the years. Yet the doctors and staff continue to give care in a compassionate manner. They are not perfect (who is?) but of all my care givers they rank at the top. Dr. Scott is very knowledgeable in his field and in general and has always been willing to talk about things important to you related (as well as unrelated) to your pain, and that is rare these days. He is not one to stand at the door with his hand on the door knob waiting for you to stop talking so he can leave. He gives you the time you need as a patient talking to their doctor. On the other hand he will not waste your time. I know the times I have had to wait for my appointment it is because he is giving that extra time and care to someone as he has done so many times for me. I know that life is a two way street and you get as good as you give most times and you will not "click" with every doctor you see, but for me Dr. Scott and company are a "keeper" for sure. When it comes to pain management (with many procedural alternatives to "just pills") and if you want top notch health care from caring people who brook no nonsense but go the extra mile for you, then look no further, this is the place. This from a very satisfied customer, not 100% pain free but close to it, and definitely in a much better place than 9 years ago. JS

|  Gave Me Back My Life!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2013

Dr. Scott is a wonderful physician! I have multiple sclerosis, neuropathy and suffer sever back pain. Before I went to go see Dr, Scott the pain I was in was unbearable, I couldn't stand for a blanket to touch my legs they were so sensitive to pain. After going to see Dr. Scott and being put on several medications to help with the pain. I can now enjoy life again! God Bless You Dr. Scott, You gave me back my life!

Jul 14th, 2012

He is a life saver , the best Doctor ever for pain Management. None better anywhere!!!!

|  Brilliant man  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

I went to Dr. Scott for debilitating back pain (fracture). Dr. Scott was able to take over my case and relieve me immediately. He's a rather quiet listener, but he IS a listener. I feel like I have been treated as a special case every time I leave.Thank you Dr. Scot

|  dropped  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2011

i got dropped as a patient because i had run out of meds and i had an older presciption of hydrocodone so i took it well they made me take a urine test of course i failed ive never run out before and think it is unfair to drop me as a patient after being on pain management for 6 yrs i will not be able to work or support my family now thank you for screwing my life up especially since i never had a problem till last week and its not like i was not takin them or selling them i was very responible about where and how i used them i had run out a week early and took what i had WHATS SO WRONG with that thank you for ruining my life

Jul 24th, 2011

Dr.Scott is a very caring doctor and works well with my other doctors he doesn't have alot to saay but that is his personality. He has helped with my back pain tremendously!!

|  Not a doctor I'd recommend  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

Dr. Scott acted as if he had never seen me before, no matter how many times I had been there. At times during my exams, he seemed like he was off in another world. He did not do a good job of explaining my condition to me. I much preferred seeing his PA, Chrissy, as she acted more like I expect a doctor to behave. She would talk to me and explain things to me so that I could understand. Plus, she listened to me, which he didn't seem to do. After Chrissy left to have her baby, Dr. Scott referred me to another doctor. When that doctor was no longer able to see me, he tried to refer me back to Dr. Scott. Scott's office strung me along for about 3 months before they finally told me the doctor did not want to see me again. While I needed a doctor, I WAS actually relieved to not have to go back to him again!

Jan 18th, 2011

Dr. Scott has been my doctor for nearly 12 years. He has listened to me and helped me cope with long term chronic pain. I always leave his office feeling comfortable with his treatment plan and know he will take the time to listen any of my concerns.

Oct 21st, 2010

in my opinion, dr. scott tries to make an accurate assessment and diagnosis of the issues at hand but is reluctant to provide much more than expensive procedures vs. medication therapy. if one is willing to have multiple expensive procedures whether they work or not, he is more inclined to provide medical management in the interim. when the money making procedures stop so does the medication therapy.

|  no bedside manner  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2010

some people are in the profession for the money and title only Some ideas to get you started:-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

|  Gave me back my quality of life!!  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2010

After experiencing debilitating headaches Dr Scott was able to give me an implant that has taken away the headaches that had left me completely and totally disabled for years. Likewise I had earlier back surgery which was botched and after reviews by Dr Scott and protocol that as a doctor he was required to follow he was also able to give me a second stimulator implant that has taken almost all of my back pain away and allowed me to decrease my meds dramatically. Dr Scott is a very analytical person and while I do feel he cares about me as a patient he is not your typical chatty doctor. He listens to you and then handles your problem. His staff, although problematic in past years is top notch now and takes care of our needs with efficiency and concern.

|  "Anesthesilogist who is AFRAID to use anesthesia on his PATIENTS!"  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2008

I believe the headline speaks for itself. You leave with more pain than what you came into his offfice with. Oh, and there were fingernail clippings all over the examination room floor! How awful is that!