Dr. Durdana Malik Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Durdana Malik?

November 2nd, 2016

She haven't introducted herself yet and quite unprofessional. She needs to work on how approach to patient's parents because we are deaf we tried to be the best for our new baby. She treats us like a low class. We tried to ask with our corcerning. All she did is just gave a very simple answer. We expected to get more information from her. We definitely gonna move another doctor, no question. Not just that, I also agree wit other reviews.

January 13th, 2016

Every time I take my baby to a checkup she is halfway out the door trying to leave when I still have questions. She is knowledgable but walking out the door while I am still asking questions is rude. She can also come across a bit stern.

August 22nd, 2013

Worst pediatrician I have ever encountered. I was a young mother when I went to her with government insurance so I couldn't be picky. She treated me terrible. Accused me of things because of my age. My daughter fell at the play ground and she tried saying I pinched her. Very unprofessional and will judge you on your appearance alone. Do not go to this dr. Worst experience with a dr ever. Do not take your children to her.

July 19th, 2012

DR. Malik is a wonderful Doctor

HOWever, her staff is not the greatest...but if you can get passed them you will find Dr.Malik takes the time to listen to your concerns and is caring and understanding.

February 20th, 2012

Love Dr. Malik

Im sorry but i dont agree with any of you on here. My daughter loves Dr. Malik and so do i. She is always warm with us and remember everything i tell her about myself and my daughter. I feel really good going to her. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The one thing that i miss most about Texas is Dr, Malik. I could always bet that after my daughter left her office she was feeling great.Also i was not on medicaid

August 31st, 2011

Absolute worst doctor's office!

The most unprofessional office that I have been to. Dr. Malik is cold and uncaring. The waiting room is the size of a closet, and I caught the flu just waiting for an appointment. Practically a petri dish of filth. I had to file multiple complaints against her with the Texas Medical Bureau and HIPAA for not giving me my daughter's medical records when I wanted to find another doctor. Now I have the best pediatrician in the world! Don't choose Dr. Malik, you can find better.

July 18th, 2010

Threatened To Call CPS When I Questioned Her Opinion

Almost every bad thing that I have read from other reviewers about Dr. Malik (here and on other review sites) has also been my experience with Dr. Malik. My daughter was underweight as a baby (she is now 6). Around 6 months of age, she dropped off the charts in weight. She was exclusively breastfed, and just beginning solid foods. Dr. Malik blatantly refused to consider factors such as biology (Hello! Her father and I are small people!), or options such as supplementing with expressed breast milk instead of formula, or even take the time to think logically about the feeding advice she was giving me; I was feeding my daughter whole grains, avocado, real butter & cream, etc., yet Dr. Malik insisted that I feed her formula, jars of baby food, and boxed rice cereal. All nutritionally inferior to what I was already feeding her, and, except for the formula, all lower in fat and calories. I sought second and third opinions, both of which strongly disagreed with Dr. Malik, who, incidentally, became angry when I mentioned the second opinion. I was adamant about breastfeeding my baby, and Dr. Malik was just as adamant about feeding her formula. When I refused to accept a formula sample from her (my daughter had always refused bottles, anyway; how was I going to get it into her?!), she walked out on me, mid-appointment, and her nurse came in to let me know that she wouldn't be back in and that I should find another pediatrician because Dr. Malik intended to call CPS if I brought my daughter back without significant weight gain. With the assistance of the medical professionals from whom I sought second and third opinions, my daughter was up to healthy weight within a year, and is now in the 75th-90th percentiles for weight and height! Dr. Malik believed that my baby's weight problems were due to being breastfed, versus formula fed. I know now that her weight issues were purely genetic; my next baby had the exact same weight issues, despite being exclusively formula fed, after not succeeding at breastfeeding beyond three months. If you're stuck with Dr. Malik because of Medicaid issues, you're better off at Carousel - they have more locations now, and some of the doctors there are actually fair-good. Or, if your insurance allows, go see Dr. Michael Ward across the highway at ARC south - he's fantastic!

August 21st, 2016