Dr. Dushyant Verma Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dushyant Verma?

5 Ratings with 1 Comment

March 22nd, 2017

Amazing Doctor

My husband was diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid leukemia last October. He was only 25 when diagnosed and it really came as a surprise and blindsided us. Dr. Verma and his staff have gone above and beyond for my husband. Been extremely accommodating, pro-active, and professional. My husband trusted Dr. Verma from the first time he visited him at the hospital- Dr. Verma explained his condition very well, he was honest but made us feel very comfortable and positive. Dr. Verma is very professional and might seem a little stern or serious but he is very caring for his patients and goes the extra mile for them. When he walked out of the hospital room after giving my husband the initial "you have leukemia, this is the next few steps and we need to start chemo" talk, my husband said he really liked him and was glad he would be his doctor. His nurse practitioner was also amazing! If she didn't have the answer for us, she would figure it out and follow up with us. All the nurses and office staff in this practice and at Cox Oncology floor took amazing care of us and as weird as it sounds, made this experience much more enjoyable and beautiful than I imagined it would be. My husband has medicine through a specialty pharmacy and Dr. Verma's office would have it sent there so that my husband could just pick it up at his appointments. Which was SOOOO nice! We didn't know how spoiled we were until we moved and realized that not all Dr's offices do that. Now if my husband forgets to call in in time, or there is a storm or holiday, it could delay him being able to get his leukemia medicine, where we never had to worry about him getting it at Dr. Verma's office. Since my husband's cancer has to be treated long term, we asked to also be referred to a CML specialist at MD Anderson. Dr Verma and his staff did all of the work for us, got us in with the absolute best CML Dr at MDA. It really made my husband feel very taken care and valued. Unfortunately, because of recent job changes, we had to move out of state and stop seeing Dr. Verma, but we miss him and his office a lot, and really couldn't thank them enough for all they have done for us. Also, when we got to MD Anderson the specialist we saw definitely praised Dr. Verma (after looking through my husband's CML history) and told us multiple times that Dr. Verma had made really great calls, picked the best TKI medication for my husband, and had done everything that he (the specialist) would have done himself. The specialist said that he normally sees his out of state patients twice a year for the first few years, but since Dr. Verma was doing such a great job, we only needed to come to Houston once a year if we liked. Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling, but I know it is so important to feel like you trust the Dr and staff when dealing with anything, but especially cancer, and I would recommend Dr. Verma his staff and Cox Oncology to everyone.

July 8th, 2017