Dr. Dustin Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

November 10th, 2016
Excellent doctor, efficient professional office, great overall team
Dr Nguyen has been my PCP for 12 years and is an excellent doctor. He is thorough in asking questions, he listens, he makes intelligent judgement calls and gets to the correct diagnosis efficiently. He has a good bedside manner - appropriately pleasant, occasional light humor, but clear, direct, efficient. You feel he really cares about his patients and is a conscientious doctor - the office always follows up with test results, he never orders tests you don't need, he is responsible with prescriptions (you don't feel like he is pushing drugs or casual about them). I have had Dr Nguyen respond to weekend phone calls in emergencies. He feels like an old fashioned family physician, someone who cares. The billing dept of his office was always straightforward and professional.

February 21st, 2016
Dr and staff are wonderful. I have been a patient for many years. I first came because I had very high blood pressure. His exact words were, "we can get this under control but you must listen to me, otherwise don't bother coming back. " needless to say, I am still a patient and go regularly to maintain good overall health. His recommendations for fellow doctors have been spotted on. The staff is cordial and well informed. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a good doctor.

January 24th, 2016
I have been a patient with Dr. Nguyen for at least 13 years. He has always been very attentive and thorough at every visit. He is caring, considerate and in tune with his patients needs. His staff is very helpful and courteous as well. Waiting is not a problem either, as you never have to wait too long and his office is equipped with WIFI. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a better doctor.

December 25th, 2015
Exceptional knowledge of my many disease condition. Truly takes care and time to explain and care for my condition.

December 23rd, 2015
Dr. Nguyen is very caring and attentive to your need. He spent his time with his patient and explain any question that you have. He asked his staff to call you and follow up to see if your condition is improving or what is the next step. His office staffs are friendly and helpful. Highly recommend to see Dr. Nguyen.

December 14th, 2015
Has been my doctor for years. He is an excellent doctor who cares a lot about his patients and is very good at his job. Highly recommend!

December 11th, 2015
More doctors and staff should follow this model
I have been a patient of Dr. Nguyen for at least 10 years now. The way I will describe my experience is much like any other well-known institution in Chinatown which have sticked around forever. The decor may not appeal to the masses but at the end, it is the patient/customer care that matters the most and there's no doubt Dr Nguyen and his dedicated staff will do whatever it takes to put a patient like myself at ease, even using horrific tactics of mind-numbling corny jokes. When you become a new patient here, you may not be accustomed to the old decor or the occassional long waiting time (you will definitely need to wait longer in the case of an emergency visit whiich they always accomodate). However, you will need to know the reason why this is the case. Dr Nguyen has been helping the economically challenged Asian community with patient care forever and in return, he has generated a mass following. With the endless patient stream, the office stays open 7 days a week and as a result, there's reason to believe that patient care takes precedence over any consideration of a office remodeling. An office appointment will definitely help. There was one instance when my wife and I were left uninsured (the days before Obamacared) after an unfortunate layoff and the office was very accomodating to our situation at that point. You will rarely see this type of patient care and accomodation in other places without lengthy accomodation. I cannot end this review without giving the entire office staff there kudos for an amazing job. They work tirelessly to keep pace with the countless patients day-in and day-out and even in this hectic working environment when one can easily lose his/her composure, I have always been treated with respect and privacy by every staff member.

December 8th, 2015
Best Doctor
Dr. Dustin Nguyen is a superior internal doctor. He treats his patients with care and consideration. My parents, relatives, husband and I have been his patients for more than a decade. Every time I visit him, Dr. Nguyen always explains all the facts about the sickness and test results. He sometimes refers to other doctors to make sure that my condition is under control. A couple months ago, I visited Dr. Nguyen because I got infection on my arm, not only he gave me the medicine to treat it, he also followed up with me the next day. That was when he advised me to go to NYU Langone Emergency since the regular medicine had no effect on my wound. I went there and got treated with transfusing antibiotic medicine for 2 days until my arm was healed. I am really graceful to Dr. Nguyen for taking excellent care for my family. I definitely recommend Dr. Dustin Nguyen as your physician.

December 8th, 2015
Dr. Nguyen is the best! He is so professional and knowledgeable! I will be seeing Dr. Nguyen for many years to come.

December 6th, 2015
Our family chose to go to this doctor on the onset for a really ordinary reason- because he was from Vietnam like us. However, we continue to seek his service because Dr. Triet is very careful in what he does. When it comes to prescribing medication, he is very careful about it. He and his team are very friendly, smart, and truly want to help people. They are soft- spoken, kind, and does what they feel is right by their patients. They are truly good people at heart. I believe they know this very well and can testify on their own behalf. However, we just want to write this to thank Dr. Triet and his staff for putting our family first and treating us with care and kindness like the way everyone should be treated. They truly do put their heart in their work when it comes to caring for us. We feel they deserve our recommendations because of their high morals and intelligence when it comes to caring for their patients. We feel that we are satisfy, happy, and healthy from being treated by this doctor and his team because of their ongoing help and support and remaining true to what they preaches towards us. You can trust this doctor with your health. Finally, we want to say that we are telling the truth about Dr. Triet(Dustin) and can strongly recommend this doctor to anyone.

December 6th, 2015
The most reliable doctor
Dr Dustin Nguyen is the most relieable doctor. (Per our experience, not all the doctors you can trust). Therefore out entire families including families of inlaw, about 26 people s and the future kids are all dr Dustin Nguyen's patients, Dr Nguyen has the spirit of Nightingale. So devotes his whole time to his patients, he treats his patients with all his mind, therefore we all happy and healthy, most of his patients are visiting Dr Nguyen in the groups of families- trees, He is the best Dr in our vietnamese socialty. thank you dr Dustin Nguyen

December 5th, 2015
Best enthusiastic Doctor who devotes his lifetime to patients
Dr Dustin Nguyen is the best in the best doctor we ever met. He help the poor by giving sample medicine. Treating patients with an open mind. Listening to patients and adjust doses accordingly. Concern mental health as well as physical. . He starts his day at 5 in the clinic. Staffs start to work at 7. Clinic open at 9. I notice their working hours because I always get follow up phone calls early in the morning. All staffs are with good attitude. Courtesy yet working seriously. They never give you a hard feeling no matter who you are. These words are deep in my mind. That I should let peoples know. Thank you very much Dr Nguyen. Respectfully yours.