Dr. Duwayne Edge DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Ingleside, TX

3.1

November 18th, 2016
I was assigned to Dr. Edge while a patient in a nursing home where I was undergoing rehab following orthopedic surgery. My only contact with him was on my third day when he stood in the doorway of my room, introduced himself and said to me: "I'm Dr. Edge. I will be your doctor while you are here but I have not read your records yet." He then turned and walked away not even giving me a chance to say anything. Several weeks later, I received a summary from my insurance company which showed that he had billed my insurance carrier $198 for a Complete Physical. I don't know how he could be so dishonest to bill my insurance company for not doing anything. I don't know how he was able to prescribe narcotics and pain medication for me WITHOUT SEEING ME that was at the nursing home when I checked in. To me THIS IS A DANGEROUS PROCEDURE. HE IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED. Dr. Edge is what I consider a "COLLECTOR OF PATIENTS" in order to bill insurance companies falsely and collect money for ABSOLUTELY NO SERVICES.

September 8th, 2016
TOTAL QUACK!!
It is too bad there aren't more doctors in the area. Front and back office staff are terrible and condescending. Specifically for the doctor-having labs and xrays ordered-he does NOT look at the results. They are just tucked away in your file, if retrieved at all. If you have any need for a REAL doctor, don't see this guy!!

May 28th, 2016
Disinterested Physician
Low rating is in account that he was assigned to me at a rehab facility and that he never came to see me or check me out BUT HE BILLED MY INSURANCE FOR A COMPLETE PHYSICAL! DISHONEST and UNETHICAL. Am told that I was lucky not to see him as he is an inadequate uncaring greedy doctor.

April 28th, 2016
PATIENT COLLECTOR
Dr. Edge was assigned to me when I was in a nursing home recovering from major surgery. In the six days that I was there, I saw him only once when he appeared in the doorway 20 feet away from me. At 4:45 in the afternoon, he was dressed in a fancy pressed suit and he said: "I'm Dr. Edge. I am going to be your doctor but I haven't read your chart yet." He abruptly turned and left and that was my only encounter with him yet he billed my insurance company $185 for a COMPLETE PHYSICAL EXAM! Dr. Edge is what is commonly referred to as a "patient collector." He takes on patients and never sees them because he keeps very limited hours in a poorly staffed and medically inferior office with outdated equipment. You just give up and go somewhere else. Don't trust your life with this man.

January 23rd, 2013
awful!
He is not a family doctor. He will not see children. I waited on hold for more rhan 15 mins to set up an appointment. I hung up and called back and they set it up right away after that. Waited for 30 mims to be seen. Then got in and his equipment is very outdated. They collected my urine but there was 7 other specimens sitting on the toilet. Disgusting! When i saw him, he was hitting on me saying that 26 was so young and he was twice my age and made weird suggestive facial expressions! Im not one to accuse people of things like this but it was uncomfortable as I am married with kids. After the appointment, i was supposed to get lab results back and its been over a week. I called and it was before the lunch break. I asked if my lab results weee in and the receptionist said she would check. I was on hold for 17 minutes. I finally hung up and called back to find that she had already gone to lunch and kept me on hold. They have 2 hour lunch breaks! She was trying to keep me on hold for 2 hours!!! I will never go back there. And do not recommend anyone going either. Unless you like dealing with rude office staff and pervertrd doctors.

March 20th, 2010
Dr. Edge is an exceptional doctor in every way.