A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dwayne Callwood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dwayne Callwood is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dwayne Callwood, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Callwood graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Callwood has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Alamance Regional Medical Center
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Callwood accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 17 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Dwayne D. Callwood practice?
Dr. Dwayne Callwood practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Burlington, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Hamlet, NC.
See Burlington Internists and Burlington Cardiologists.