2.5

by Chris G on Apr 10th, 2015

I have reported Dr. Logan to the State Board. i went to him with a possible small growth on inside of one eyelid. He advised me of major unnecessary surgery to BOTH eyes (said I would look deformed otherwise). I asked to see another specific doctor for a second opinion and he refused! Said he knew the other (very qualified) doctor and that he would simply cut a piece of skin off the back of my ear and plop it on my eyelid. Best he would do is refer me to his partner in Newport. The partner said he would NEVER do surgery on a good eye simply for cosmetic reasons. He advised to just wait to see if it went away. Luckily, I changed insurance and went to a third doctor (the one Logan said would plop ear skin on my eye) and he did a GREAT job in the office on the one eye and no scarring at all. I mentioned Logan's comment about the ear skin...he said he had done that once about 25 years ago to a badly burned person. LOGAN IS A CROOK WHO TRIES TO DO UNNECESSARY SURGERIES TO BILK MONEY FROM PATIENTS AND INSURANCE COMPANIES! DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!!!

Run from this Doctor! show details Run from this Doctor!
by C Chubb on Sep 17th, 2014

This doctor would not see my dad after my dad repeatedly complained about his eyesight and eye pain! My dad just went in since his eye hurt so much and it had been weeks and weeks of getting blown off! Turns out my dad has ADVANCED Glaucoma in one eye and has lost some sight in it thanks to this IDIOT not seeing my dad when the pain and pressure started months earlier! He than got a schedule date for Glaucoma surgery and it was postponed due to the anesthesiologist not liking my dad's heart rate. The cardiologist gave the green light for surgery and this idiot STILL won't get my dad in for surgery after two months. In the mean time my dad is losing his eyesight. We are looking for another eye doctor and also looking into legal advise. I HAVE never seen a doctor disregard a patients health SO BADLY!!! If you have ever seen the Spring Street office you can see this guy way overbooks people and treats his patients like cattle! DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR IF YOU VALUE YOUR EYE CARE AND EYESIGHT. This guy is a total nightmare!

Front Office Staff not in touch show details Front Office Staff not in touch
by Jared W. on Feb 6th, 2014

I first met Dr. Logan about 9 months ago when visiting his Long Beach office with my daughter and grandson. My grandson was diagnosed with cataracts at 9 months old. We were referred to Dr. Logan from a pediatrician and at first experience was a good choice. Having genetic cataracts I was very interested in what Dr. Logan had to say about the advancements in procedures since I had my surgery many years ago. Dr. Logan was very understanding and comforting to my grandson on all visits and recommended surgery "in the very near future" as to not impair his vision and brain function. All was fine until it actually came time to schedule surgery. The office staff became very uncooperative with scheduling, answering questions, and basically very poor customer service and care. I am not even sure Dr. Logan is aware of what goes on in the front office, at least that is what I hope otherwise, he deserves to be out of practice. It has been since October 2013 since my grandson has been to see Dr. Logan, in that time My grandsons cataract has become VERY visible to the naked eye and I feel if only we could get past the office staff and their nonsense this problem would be taken care of immediately. Bottom line: Dr. Logan seems to be very knowledgeable and concerned however, his office staff is very rude, misinformed, contradictory, condescending and unprofessional. I doubt this will be published as only favorable reviews seem to appear.

Dr. Logan is extremely careful! show details Dr. Logan is extremely careful!
by James S. on May 9th, 2013

Making this appointment was the hardest part of this visit and such was not difficult at all. Dr. Logan, paid extreme attention to detail. I had a surgical procedure done on my right cornea which was done to correct my disabled vision out of that eye which was completely blurry at best. The day after the procedure I was able to see clearly to out it plainly. I have seenDr. Logan several times and am so eased with his expertise and professionalism. I would most certainly recommend him to all with eye problems etc. two thumbs up from me Doc!

NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS ! ! ! show details NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS ! ! !
Feb 8th, 2013

Dr. Logan in the Lake Forest office, told me that Medicare would not cover the lens he wanted to do. I had to pay $8,000.00 CASH. He left the state the day after my surgery. I had terrible pain the next day and saw his associate. He had no idea why? He did see a "wrinkle or tear". For the next couple of weeks his associates kept looking at my eye, the doctors tried to reach Dr. Logan but were unable to. Boy was my family scared! We quickly went to the eye specialist at UCI and she sutured the tear. The stent brought the pressure down and drops were started very late in the game. It is months later, I cannot perform my duties at work with adequate vision in only one eye. Please beware going to Dr. Logan for it may not just cost you $8,000.00 CASH, but your eye site and possibly your job.

Sep 11th, 2012

Doctor could not be reached after my surgery, and his colleagues in the office were unable to provide the care needed to remedy difficulties that arose from my surgery. Eyes are still not back to normal.

Don't go here show details Don't go here
Mar 26th, 2012

Dr. Logan told me that Medicare would not cover the surgery required. I changed doctors and was immediately given the surgery - paid for by Medicare. His incorrect diagnosis caused a delay of almost a year.

I have had nothing but hassles with this doctor and his practice show details I have had nothing but hassles with this doctor and his practice
Jul 19th, 2011

I couldn't disagree more with the other posted review. Dr. Logan is a very, VERY confident doctor; and by that I mean he is cocky and demeaning. He talked down to me when I had questions. Also off-putting was how unashamedly superior he thinks he is compared to other doctors (I went to Dr. Logan for a second opinion) When my doctor and I requested copies of my records from Dr. Logan, it took months of weekly phone calls and repeated false promises that they had already been sent. Waiting room wait-times are always horrendous: anytime I've been to his practice the wait has been no less than an hour. The worst wait time topped out at nearly 3 hours. Making matters worse, the staff was unapologetic about it. If you have other options for ophthalmology, I urge you to explore them.

a great doctor show details a great doctor
Jan 23rd, 2010

Dr. logan is a great doctor I've met. Took me a long time to find a caring and a wonderful doctor. He's the doctor who actually care for his patients and his staff are wonderfully organized. Waiting to visit him takes a long time, but that time gets all filled up when you meet him and get to spend time with him. If you have hard time seeing and need a check up to go Atlantis eye care and make an appointment for Dr. Logan.