Dr. Dwight Dawkins MD Patient Reviews

March 23rd, 2016
Very pleased with this doctor. But getting referrals takes a lot of time & several requests.

February 13th, 2016
Staff Needs a little help
Dr. Dawkins is amazing. He listened to the questions we asked and gave answers. Very helpful with additional doctors references. Loved Him... The staff however was a little short on friendliness. We needed to make additional appointments for a mammogram and a colonoscopy and the lady asked if we were comfortable making our own appts. I said yes assuming that she would send the appropriate scripts for the procedures to doctors in our network. I went home and found the doctors she gave us were not in our network. I will definitely go back to Dr Dawkins.

December 28th, 2015
I like them very much. Well pleased with the staff.

August 21st, 2015
Dr. Dawkins is fine. I feel like his support staff could be more considerate, especially at the Fort Pierce office. They don't answer the phones, they leave you on hold for several minutes, and their voice tones sounds as if they are aggravated. This office seems to be understaffed when it comes to the receptionist and their responsibilities to have a care for those trying to get in for an appointment or cancel an appointment. If Dr. Dawkin's not careful, his desk people could cause him law suits.

August 6th, 2015
You make an appointment for 10:00 am and don't see a doctor until 1:00 pm. I have a job to go to and can't spend all day at the doctors office.

January 29th, 2015
I went for my 1st visit and waited 3 hours just to see the doctor, then I had a issue where they were trying to get me to see a foot doctor and took almost a month for them to process the paper work, I had to call the Ins. Company so that they could call them and get to the bottom of my problem. Now I need them to fill out a form so that way I can get a walking boot and I know this is going to be another issue because the foot doctor's office is having issues with getting in contact with them. Then when I saw the doctor is seem like I had to many issues that for him to help me with. And when I showed him my heel spur he didn't see it how I do not know because there was a big lump on my foot. The doctor had an emergency which was odd since it was a holiday on Monday, and I needed a refill on a med. and they kept telling me that they would help me, needless to say it took me all week to get someone to help me! I can't wait till the 1st because I am changing my doctor!!!!! Do your self the favor don't waste your time with this place!

September 19th, 2013
nightmare,went for chronic pain,also had flu
my appointment was @ 11:15,finally saw doc @ aprox 1:45,i explained that i have been suffering with chronic stomach pain.while i was talking to him the nurse came in and gave him the phone, it was the hosp ,i heard the whole conversation, it was a lady really upset about her 91 yr old mother...i will leave it @ that.i had stomach pains so bad and a head cold ,i just wanted to get home. he (the doc) kept leavin the room saying "i'll be right back." while he was gone i ask the nurse to use the bathroom...it was deplorable,the bathroon looked like a gas station bathroon ,dried urine on th floor, tissue everywheres, the toilet ring of water was orange stained because it had'nt been cleaned properly,their was no toilet paper on the holder it was sitting on the tank that was also grotest,then i went to wash my hands using my elbows...and NOT to my surprise their was no hot water i told the nurse how nasty the bathroom was,,her response was OH, are we out of Tp again, now on the 10 sheets of paper they have you fill in before you see the doc for the !st time ,they ask you if your allergic to any medication...then before they right you a script they ask you again ..Are you allergic to any meds??? i was never ask that because i wrote it on my paper work, i kept asking him for a note to go for an MRI so i could find out why my lower back hips pelvic and lower stomach pain ,figured he read it since i had been their 4 hours ..it was patches for pain...i read that paper he gave me ..it was like reading spanish or like a spanish lady tryin to read english ..not only was it expensive but it triggered my asthma..went on the computer and looked it up...yep,it was the med i was allergic to. i we. I called him several times to call in something to help calm the pain.. I kept asking when i was gonna get my MRI , again i was told they would call me..SO in the mean time i was trying to get by on advil .After, 2 wks off horrible nightmares, i reported it to my insurance.The next day i had a docter appointment which was on a Friday.He looked @ me straight in my eyes.HE heard me...Monday i went for an MRI, Tuesday he called me ,i had a herniated lumbar disk, also a hernia in my stomach I am now being treated with a very good doctor...

June 5th, 2013
Patient
Very friendly person. Always a smile and clear talk. No going away confused with Dr. Dawkins. He doesnt seem to mind taking the time with his patients.