Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Video profile

2.0

Subutex and Vivitrol peddler show details Subutex and Vivitrol peddler
by James David on Apr 27th, 2016

This doctor will only do two things for you; prescribe Subutex or the shot Vivitrol. He, at least with me, wasn't willing to prescribe anything for sleep, anxiety, or anything else. He told me after I refused sub that I'd relapse without the shot. So if you want Vivitrol or Suboxone go there. He did mention neurotin but never gave me a script. Seemed like he didn't wanna listen to a thing I had to say, just talked a lot trying to sell me on those 2 things.

TERRIBLE!! show details TERRIBLE!!
by Allison Monterosso on Apr 20th, 2016

WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!! He was rude and continued to ARGUE with my boyfriend and say "it's not his fault we chose to be addicts," and proceeded to call him bro. No one "chooses" to be an addict. Not professional & just plain right disrespectful. We went to him because we felt like we had nowhere to turn and it was a huge mistake. If you truly want help I suggest you go elsewhere!! TERRIBLE!! We're both been clean now with NO HELP from Dr. Gammons.. "The Addiction Specialist"

by Mike S. on Apr 11th, 2016

It wont let me rate anything on this phone, but Dr Gammons has been a godsend to me. He is a good Doctor who knows what he's talking about. He offers free meetings on weekdays and listens and cares when I tell him about my situation. He offers great advice and is very positive. He compliments me and tells me I'm doing good, which is nice to hear and really helps. I would recommend Dr Gammons to anyone that needs help. He's truly been a lifesaver.

My son is the patient show details My son is the patient
by Kelly B on Jan 8th, 2016

Dr Gammons was very imformative and seemed very concerned with helping my son continue with his sobriety. I was in the room with my son the whole time while Dr Gammons talked to him. I asked questions, my son asked questions and we listened to things that he suggest. He was so very imformative, unlike the last doctor that my son went to, That office was very difficult to get an appointment because they were a walk-in-clinic the said. The doctor never explained the medication to my son. plus, they did not except our insurance so my son had t pay $150 for the visit then about another $150 for the medication. (MACOMB MEDICAL) Dr Gammons office seems to be more concerned about the well being of the patient and not the how much cash they can get out of people. Please also remember to only believe a portion of the negative things that are said because people can get mad about things like: the doctor not giving meds to them because of them not complying, etc and they figure they will try to get back at him by writing something negative. I am thankful for Dr Gammons and his practice because there aren't many addiction medicine doctors to help all the people that need them. Unfortunately there are and were so many doctors that were handing out opiates like they were Tic-Tacs and now there are so many people that are addicted. The people that want to fix their lives have a hard time finding doctors that are in this specialty.Some of them give up and either cotinue on their road of trying to find the drug & further ruining their lives or go on to bigger drugs and they end up dead. PlEASE GIVE THESE DR'S THAT ARE CHOOSING THIS SPECIALTY SOME UNDERSTANDING BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALOT MORE THAN YOU WOULD BELIEVE. HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HELP PUT AN END TO THIS EPIDEMIC OF OVERLY ABUSED PRESCRIPTION DRUGS THAT WERE GIVEN OUT WAY TOO EASILY. GOD BLESS EVERYONE

Not a pleasant experience show details Not a pleasant experience
Sep 10th, 2015

The wait was over an hour, I am not an addict I was waiting for tattoo removal and was completely over looked by the staff. The physician was very rude and arrogant, never apologized for keeping me waiting, and I will never return!

Best Doctor you could ever find. show details Best Doctor you could ever find.
by J.F. on Sep 10th, 2015

HE is the best doctor you will ever see. Very smart, very compassionate. It is a great staff and office. Don't believe bad reviews they are the sad result of addiction and totally false. DR. Gammons is the best.

Caring Dr. show details Caring Dr.
by Ken K. on Sep 2nd, 2015

I would recommend Dr. Gammons too anyone who is looking for Great health care. He takes time with his patients and talks with you,not at you. He has helped me greatly in all my medical needs.

The worst show details The worst
by Bill on Jun 19th, 2015

Been a patient for two years. His staff has told me to go to the wrong office twice! I have had to wait up to an hour to be seen multiple times. I've been on the same stupid drug forever and not once has he ever talked to me about coming off it. He's arrogant and rude and has told me on several occasions to stop talking, that I'm there to listen to him. I went to his group meeting with a friend of mine who couldn't stand the guy and he's talked about him to me and told me things that I don't think a doctor should be sharing about another patient, friend or not. I think he has the attitude that because his patients are drug addicts that he's better than us. We are seeking recovery not judgement!

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Dr. Gammons saved my life!! show details Dr. Gammons saved my life!!
by Julie F. on Jun 1st, 2015

Dr. Hammond is AMAZING!!! He saved my life from a long road of addiction. He honestly cares about his patience. He is genuine and doesn't rush through my monthly appointments like my previous doctor would. He has a wonderful group that he runs himself every Thursday at his Royal Oak office and it is a wonderful group.

by Julie F on Apr 17th, 2015

Dr. G is an amazing addiction doctor.

Dr Gammons is truely a rare find. He will take care of you! show details Dr Gammons is truely a rare find. He will take care of you!
by Patrick Muir on Apr 17th, 2015

Patient for 7yrs, Suboxone, Primary Physician. The Best! Worth Driving 8hrs round trip after move.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by SV on Mar 3rd, 2015

Very attentive. Concerned with your total health, not just what you're there for.

Patient of 6 years show details Patient of 6 years
by Missy on Feb 26th, 2015

I drive over 45 mins away for every appointment with Dr. Gammons, because I have yet to find a Dr who can even come close to the care he gives! He truly cares about each of his patients! !

I woulkd love to agree with all the positves, but... show details I woulkd love to agree with all the positves, but...
by Former Patient on Feb 9th, 2015

Unfortunately, for Dr. Gammons responded to one of his patient's reviews in the most unprofessional manner. I really hope that Dr. Gammons learned a valuable lesson from the responses he received to his own words. I urge every one to read his response to this one particular patient of his. This should give you more insight into Dr. Gammons' train of thoughts. I believe that this response was given in good faith, but I would not like any of my personal information to be divulged openly. A nurse who sold the information about Red Wings accident to the news was fired on the spot. I do not see why we should not hold our doctors to the similar standards, especially when it comes to privacy. After reading Dr. Gammons' response to the patient, I cannot give him more than 2 stars even if he treated me fairly. I feel that the fair treatment should extend to all. I hope that this was just an isolated event and this will not happen again.

by Tom H. on Feb 9th, 2015

best doctor I've ever had

my life saver show details my life saver
Jan 23rd, 2015

Dr Gammons is a great man he has saved my life his staff will treat you rudely if your late and make you wait I love the receptionist she is very nice

Legit Review, not a worker or drone, can't believe all the negative! show details Legit Review, not a worker or drone, can't believe all the negative!
by Scott on Jan 12th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Gammons for almost 3 years now and he has completely saved my life in more ways than I can describe. I can't for the life of me figure out why there are so many negative reviews for him. He listens to your stories, praises you when you're doing well, and has a great demeanor about him that almost calms you. Most people looking for a Sub doctor are basically looking for a legal peddler. However, if you take the time to do the steps, work the book, and take this seriously he can fully change your life. I went from almost dead to married, home owner, and trying for a baby.

great doctor show details great doctor
Jan 8th, 2015

he's a great doctor don't listen to bad reviews he has a hard job sometimes im sure

A ex patient of his. show details A ex patient of his.
Dec 17th, 2014

He broke Dr. patient confidentality. He discussed my case with a friend of mine who goes to him. He is rude and arrogant. He also brings his personal problems to work with him. He is the worst Dr. I ever visited. I truly thimk he has mental problems.

Oct 16th, 2014

I should have taken prior reviews seriously regarding Dr. Gammon. He is the most unprofessional doctor. Very condescending, pushy, and arrogant, with little knowledge in diagnosing. I plan on telling friends and family of my unpleasant experience with Dr. Gammon. Stay far away from him.

Horriible bedside manners. show details Horriible bedside manners.
by S. on Apr 27th, 2014

I will not go to him again.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by Steve on Apr 24th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Gammons for a little over a year. He helped me with an addiction I had been fighting for several years. I have built a great relationship with him and I see him now as my general doctor. I see Dr. Gammons now for everything from headaches to smoking cessation to cortisone injections. On a recent visit, I found out that he now does laser tattoo removal. I have several regrettable tattoos from my younger days and went for my first laser treatment today. The equipment was new, the facility was clean and Dr. Gammons was professional and caring. I am so happy that I found this doctor and am very pleased with all the results. I recommend him to friends and family who have addictions and now can recommend him for tattoo removal. Great Doc!

He is a truthful and helpful doctor show details He is a truthful and helpful doctor
by Spongey on Apr 12th, 2014

I been seeing dr. Gammons now for 8months before him i was battling with getting off meds for 10yrs since i have seen him i am way better i do more im a better father and husband dr gammons nows why ur there only if u are truthful and want help will u be there and have good treatment

The smartest man I've ever met. show details The smartest man I've ever met.
by Craig on Apr 10th, 2014

He is the smartest person I've ever met. By far the only doctor I've ever known who treats addiction. I've been in and out of treat for many years. I'm doing good now thanks to dr. Gammons. He has helped me a lot. But only go to him if you want the help because he is smart he knows if people really want help or not.

complete moron show details complete moron
Nov 22nd, 2013

the first office visit was over a 2 hour wait the doc didn't ask me much about my background just assumed I was a drug addict treated me like I was on crack the second visit was even worse when I tried telling him I was having bad symptoms from the medication he said u cant be he made me feel like a liar would not listen to a word I was telling him and was mad at me for not wanting to listen to him tell me there is no way I could be having side affects. At one point I pointed at my ears to explain something to him and before I got a word out of my mouth he yelled WHAT IS THAT/ I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS needles to say I was the one with the bad behavior and needed to see a therapist. So If you want to see a Dr. that is belittleing, judgemental, non caring and down right rude hes the one for you

Mark as Helpful  | 23 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Best Doc show details Best Doc
by Ed M, on Nov 22nd, 2013

Best doctor ever he basically SAVED my LIFE. I got mad at him sometimes, Dr, Gammons tells it like it is and that's hard sometimes. But the only doctor that ever really helped me because he cares. Coolest doctor ever change you pic!!!

by Dave Wagner on Aug 15th, 2013

Dr Gammons is by far the best physician I have ever known. He shows a sincere concern for health and welfare. The only issue I have ever had was at times having to wait but in hindsight I have never been waiting for more than an hour. He is personable and caring. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an excellant doctor.

Turns his back on you! show details Turns his back on you!
Jul 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing dr gammons for approx 7 years and have missed a few appointments in the years due to my job.

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Not Recommended show details Not Recommended
by Rebecca L. on Jun 29th, 2013

I have never been more disappointed and disheartened by a healthcare provider. I have seen this provider several times over the last year and each visit was 1-2 hour wait before being seen by Dr. Gammons or one of his staff members. Yet, the waiting time was more pleasant than the communications between Dr. Gammons and myself. Dr. Gammons preached his theories and philosophies without allowing me to discuss my healthcare concerns or issues. He used phrases that are condescending and belittling; for example, "I don't want to hear any words from you", "No, no, you will listen to what I have to say, it does not matter what you are going to say", and "If you were working the steps you wouldn't be worried about your husband's brain cancer and he will die." I never felt compassion or any sense that he cared about my health or well-being. I would never recommend Dr. Gammons for any type of healthcare. He is uncaring, compassionless and should not, in my opinion, be engaged in healthcare in any in an fashion.

Mark as Helpful  | 26 people found this helpful Report Abuse
May 16th, 2012

He is a drug salesman for Suboxone and thinks everyone should be on it. Beware!!! I have seen him for a few visits and I don't think you can believe anything he says. Last visit for me.

Mark as Helpful  | 17 people found this helpful Report Abuse
offended. show details offended.
Feb 15th, 2012

If i wanted to be judged and told I was a liar or a drug addict that is faking to sell pills on the street , I would visit Dr gammons. If i wanted to be told every visit that i should seek help with AA and i do not need the medicine he is prescribing , I would visit Dr Gammons. If i had already made 6 visits and he can't remember if we have met before i would visit Dr Gammons. Working 10 years in the same field does not give you a 6th sense of your patients. A DR that confuses the flu for opiate detox needs help. if every patient is the same to a DR , he is not looking hard enough. I came to this office seeking a cheaper , safer pain management alternative to opiates and found myself insulted and degraded by a judge mental know it all. I felt like a lower class citizen or a criminal after my visit.

Dec 15th, 2011

- Overall good doctor and practice

Nov 16th, 2011

I am a recovering addict, and Dr. Gammons has saved my life! He has also made me realize that addiction doesn't just affect what most people sterotype__it can happen to anybody!

Dr Gammons is highly recomended by me! show details Dr Gammons is highly recomended by me!
by Patrick M. a greatful recovering addict on Jan 29th, 2011

I found Gammons Medical when searching for a doctor to support me when I was sick and tired of addiction and wanted to try Suboxone. They got me in right away and my first visit was informative, pleasant and I felt like Dr Gammons really did care about me and my troubles. It was the beginning of going on four relapse free years of recovery. I was never treated like a worthless person because of my battle with drug abuse, but was treated with respect and genuine concern. I had to move three hours away and I've been to see four doctors to continue mu Suboxone treatment but none can come close to Dr Gammons. I know know it is worth the drive just to know I will be seeing a doctor I can count on.Don't hesitate to make a call to their office, I've never been able to find care that comes even close anywhere else.

The best two in one doc I've ever been to show details The best two in one doc I've ever been to
Dec 30th, 2010

I have a number of Ilnesses, including Chronic sever pain. After I'd been dx with so many things. This is my family doc that also treats my pain. Most docs I've been to(alot) don't see that when u have chronic pain some days are terrible some are tolerable So he actually knows that u need what I call wiggle room with my meds. I'm in need of being on pain meds the rest of my life. He treats me as I would treat myself.the "wiggle" room means on worst days u can take a bit exta medication an when u don't need it don't take it. He's NOT a doctor feel good. He knows how pain management works and CARES HOW YOU FEEL. But also at the same time he'll find out if your a real addict or your pain is all to real. Be truthful with him and he'll talk to u as u are respected not persicuted for taking necessary medications. But watch out he's good at weeding out the fakers because he specializes in addiction. I can't say enough about him. Absolutly the best pain management guy and a great family doctor He treats our family as family

Mar 27th, 2009

this dr. has no bed side manner. his picture above is exactly how he talks to you. treated me like i was very beneath him.. if it were possible i actually felt worse when i left.