Family Practitioner, Addiction Medicine Specialist, General Practitioner
Video profile

1.5

by Julie F on Apr 17th, 2015

Dr. G is an amazing addiction doctor.

Dr Gammons is truely a rare find. He will take care of you! show details Dr Gammons is truely a rare find. He will take care of you!
by Patrick Muir on Apr 17th, 2015

Patient for 7yrs, Suboxone, Primary Physician. The Best! Worth Driving 8hrs round trip after move.

Mar 10th, 2015

"I'm sorry for the loss of your husband. I also saw Dr. Gammons comment on vitals.com and was appalled. However, this just isn't the place for this kind of comment. All the best, -- Jason Schwartz, LMSW, ACSW Clinical Director Dawn Farm 6633 Stony Creek Road . Ypsilanti . Michigan . 48197 p. 734.485.8725 f. 734.557.3984 intake. 734.669.8265

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by SV on Mar 3rd, 2015

Very attentive. Concerned with your total health, not just what you're there for.

Patient of 6 years show details Patient of 6 years
by Missy on Feb 26th, 2015

I drive over 45 mins away for every appointment with Dr. Gammons, because I have yet to find a Dr who can even come close to the care he gives! He truly cares about each of his patients! !

I woulkd love to agree with all the positves, but... show details I woulkd love to agree with all the positves, but...
by Former Patient on Feb 9th, 2015

Unfortunately, for Dr. Gammons responded to one of his patient's reviews in the most unprofessional manner. I really hope that Dr. Gammons learned a valuable lesson from the responses he received to his own words. I urge every one to read his response to this one particular patient of his. This should give you more insight into Dr. Gammons' train of thoughts. I believe that this response was given in good faith, but I would not like any of my personal information to be divulged openly. A nurse who sold the information about Red Wings accident to the news was fired on the spot. I do not see why we should not hold our doctors to the similar standards, especially when it comes to privacy. After reading Dr. Gammons' response to the patient, I cannot give him more than 2 stars even if he treated me fairly. I feel that the fair treatment should extend to all. I hope that this was just an isolated event and this will not happen again.

by Tom H. on Feb 9th, 2015

best doctor I've ever had

by Sam Angeleri 586-3967 anyone who has a substance abuse problem i will talk to on Feb 5th, 2015

i have been on suboxone for years and now its time to get off. i am moving out of state and dr. gammons got me all clean except for saboxone. i tried to get off when i got into a a and i went 30 days without it. Dr. Gammons is not only my doctor he is my friend. I tried to get off them and when 30 days of withdrawal i went back. Now i have to do it again but this time i m gonna use the a a people at the macomb alano club. Dr. Gammons got me into it and when i studied the big book and read how bill w and Dr. Bob wrote these steps and the traditions it came to me. If your feeling sick from opiates and have withdrawer u should go to Dr. Gammons and get on suboxone but you should detox if you can and starting detoxing right away When i stopped before after 30 days of withdrawel you maybe getting depended on them. My advice to you would be to ask Dr. Gammons detox you as fast as you can so your withdrawels will be easier to get off. i m leaving the state and i m gonna detox till i get down to a twentiaf of a strip and your even out with it Dr. Gammons will know whether its you r time and you will get totaly clean. If anyone needs help you can call sam 586-808-3967

my life saver show details my life saver
Jan 23rd, 2015

Dr Gammons is a great man he has saved my life his staff will treat you rudely if your late and make you wait I love the receptionist she is very nice

Legit Review, not a worker or drone, can't believe all the negative! show details Legit Review, not a worker or drone, can't believe all the negative!
by Scott on Jan 12th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Gammons for almost 3 years now and he has completely saved my life in more ways than I can describe. I can't for the life of me figure out why there are so many negative reviews for him. He listens to your stories, praises you when you're doing well, and has a great demeanor about him that almost calms you. Most people looking for a Sub doctor are basically looking for a legal peddler. However, if you take the time to do the steps, work the book, and take this seriously he can fully change your life. I went from almost dead to married, home owner, and trying for a baby.

great doctor show details great doctor
Jan 8th, 2015

he's a great doctor don't listen to bad reviews he has a hard job sometimes im sure

A ex patient of his. show details A ex patient of his.
Dec 17th, 2014

He broke Dr. patient confidentality. He discussed my case with a friend of mine who goes to him. He is rude and arrogant. He also brings his personal problems to work with him. He is the worst Dr. I ever visited. I truly thimk he has mental problems.

Projection - part of your thinking disease. show details Projection - part of your thinking disease.
by Davey Jones on Dec 15th, 2014

I don't know wtf these people are talking about, I think he's a great doctor who displays both a love for his profession & genuine concern for his patients.. If you think he's unfit to diagnose, then by all means treat your f**king self since you seem to be well versed with an extensive ducation in the medical field.. I mean, why'd you even go there to begin with?? What? Are you saying you already knew what was wrong with you - so you wasted your time & money just to test a local physician on his knowledge in diagnostic medicine? That would make no logical type of sense. My guess is, judging by his speciality, (judge not less ye' be judged first) these individuals probably set the appointment for their addiction, and somewhere between the conflict of not TRULY wanting treatment for their issue, and having had a failure to be honest with him about it - he probably didn't respond the way you idealized - they lost all sense of reason and decided to "show him" what they thought of him. It's not his responsibility to facilitate your habbit. His recommendations for overcoming an active addiction are spot-on and will BRILLIANTLY work, provided you actually want to quit the life of insanity.. ADVISEMENT: These reviews are are a matter of opinion and a subject to circumstantial instances. If he were truly at risk of a male practice judgment, he wouldn't be in practice now, please do not let this deter you from self-discovery. If an addiction specialist is what you need - this is the guy. PERSONAL TESTIMONY.

Oct 16th, 2014

I should have taken prior reviews seriously regarding Dr. Gammon. He is the most unprofessional doctor. Very condescending, pushy, and arrogant, with little knowledge in diagnosing. I plan on telling friends and family of my unpleasant experience with Dr. Gammon. Stay far away from him.

ASTOUNDED show details ASTOUNDED
by COBRA on Aug 11th, 2014

THIS IS DOCTOR IS SCREAMING FOR A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE JUDGEMENT FOR OUTING A PATIENT'S PROTECTED PRIVACY RIGHTS...SPECIFICALLY, RECECCA L, ALSO THE PERSON THAT COMMENTED AND POSITED THAT THEY WERE CONCERNED WITH GAMMONS RESPONSE HAS GOT TO BE THE WORLD'S LARGEST IDIOT FOR MAKING IT WORSE VIA POSTING HER FULL NAME AND HER LOCATION. VERY BAD IDEA..IT IS APPARENT THAT GAMMONS HIMSELF MUST HAVE DONE THIS AS ALL IT DID WAS ADD INSULT TO INJURY. THINK ABOUT THAT. BEING INVOLVED WITH CRIMINAL JUSTICE FOR OVER 2 DECADES...WE CALL THIS ..A "BAIT AND SWITCH" MOVE.

Horrible Gammons comment about Rebecca L. show details Horrible Gammons comment about Rebecca L.
Jul 3rd, 2014

Oh my God! This guy did not just give out the occupation of the patient!!!! He gave out her test results publicly. St. John should stop associate with this man and Rebecca L. should report him to LARA, HIPAA enforcement agency, and St. John's. She should sue him... What an arrogant and ignorant doctor. Yeah whoever wrote the post about his home address should just post it.

About Ms. Rebecca L.- broken confidentiality and patient trust show details About Ms. Rebecca L.- broken confidentiality and patient trust
Jun 24th, 2014

I was a P.T. of Mr. Gammons and I will never be seeing this man again!!!! Now, Mr. Gammons (I am not calling him a Dr) completely disregarded confidentiality and HIPAA in regards to Ms. Rebecca L. When he in his little commentary revealed, that a person hiding behind the nickname of Rebecca L. for anonymity, was a registered nurse he broke the confidentiality and violated patient trust. Because of his actions, without ever meeting Ms. Rebecca L. I can tell you that her real name is Rebecca LaBond and that she lives in New Baltimore. I, of course, was able to find a complete address but unlike Mr. Gammons I will not post it. Mr. Gammons likes to take unfavorable and anonymous posts down. Therefore, I will make sure that a copy of this post reappears whenever it is taken down. By the way, 2975 is Mr. Gammons’s house number, but I hope he respects other patients’ privacy and the whole address won’t have to appear.

Shameful show details Shameful
by Shannon C. on Jun 23rd, 2014

Dr. Gammons was by far the worst doctor I had ever met! I, like many of the other reviews, had to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes before he walked through the door of my exam room. I think he forgot to pay for his electric bills because the air was not working at all. During my visit with this so called "addiction specialist" he called me liar, told me to stop talking, I was wasting his time and that I had to go to just AA and get a paper signed. He called me a hypocrite, told me that I don't have the clean time I say I do because I was on narcotics for the pain. He challenged me regarding the 12 steps as I through the same question back at him. We were arguing in the exam room regarding the 12 steps. He asked me what knowledge i had of them and that I should not be sponsoring people while taking narcotics. Unflipping real!! I am fighting breast cancer along with a long list of other health issues and I had to take narcotics a few times in the last few years. He made feel like I was a loser for taking the pain meds considering I have benign tumors growing all over my body, interally from my head to my toes, literally. He had absolutely nothing nice to say to me. He is rude, mean, showed no compassion. I couldn't imagine being a "newcomer" and having this bozo for a doctor. No wonder people keep relapsing, he doesn't care nor does he want to help you or me! I think the other review from Robin summed it up real nice because he did the exact same thing to me! I will never recommend this bozo to anyone. Do yourself and everyone one you know a big favor and don't see this jerk. To top it off I was checking out and he wrote me a script for Suboxone for one week, not having any information on my current medications, why I have pain to begin with, and never told me how to take this medicine (suboxone), if I had to stop taking any of my meds...nothing! Crazy!!! Do not seek any medical advice or suggestions from this so called "addiction specialist. " Shannon C. Macomb Co. MI

Mark as Helpful  | 19 people found this helpful Report Abuse
by Rebecca L. on Apr 27th, 2014

I have never been more disappointed and disheartened by a healthcare provider. I have seen this provider several times over the last year and each visit was 1-2 hour wait before being seen by Dr. Gammons or one of his staff members. Yet, the waiting time was more pleasant than the communications between Dr. Gammons and myself. Dr. Gammons preached his theories and philosophies without allowing me to discuss my healthcare concerns or issues. He used phrases that are condescending and belittling; for example, "I don't want to hear any words from you", "No, no, you will listen to what I have to say, it does not matter what you are going to say", and "If you were working the steps you wouldn't be worried about your husband's brain cancer and he will die." I never felt compassion or any sense that he cared about my health or well-being. I would never recommend Dr. Gammons for any type of healthcare. He is uncaring, compassionless and should not, in my opinion, be engaged in healthcare in any in an fashion.

Mark as Helpful  | 18 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

Rebecca L. was a Registered Nurse that was under my care via the Michigan Health Professionals Recovery Program (HPRP) which provides addiction treatment for impaired health professionals in the State of Michigan. She lost her nursing license as a result of her opiate addiction. Throughout treatment she unfortunately continued to struggle with opiate addiction. She was poorly compliant with recommendations, and provided opiate positive and diverted urine drug screens. This review is NOT ACCURATE. I sincerely hope that in the future she will display the willingness and patience to successfully engage in recovery.

Horriible bedside manners. show details Horriible bedside manners.
by S. on Apr 27th, 2014

I will not go to him again.

No comments show details No comments
by Paul on Apr 27th, 2014

I would not send my dog to him.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by Steve on Apr 24th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Gammons for a little over a year. He helped me with an addiction I had been fighting for several years. I have built a great relationship with him and I see him now as my general doctor. I see Dr. Gammons now for everything from headaches to smoking cessation to cortisone injections. On a recent visit, I found out that he now does laser tattoo removal. I have several regrettable tattoos from my younger days and went for my first laser treatment today. The equipment was new, the facility was clean and Dr. Gammons was professional and caring. I am so happy that I found this doctor and am very pleased with all the results. I recommend him to friends and family who have addictions and now can recommend him for tattoo removal. Great Doc!

He is a truthful and helpful doctor show details He is a truthful and helpful doctor
by Spongey on Apr 12th, 2014

I been seeing dr. Gammons now for 8months before him i was battling with getting off meds for 10yrs since i have seen him i am way better i do more im a better father and husband dr gammons nows why ur there only if u are truthful and want help will u be there and have good treatment

The smartest man I've ever met. show details The smartest man I've ever met.
by Craig on Apr 10th, 2014

He is the smartest person I've ever met. By far the only doctor I've ever known who treats addiction. I've been in and out of treat for many years. I'm doing good now thanks to dr. Gammons. He has helped me a lot. But only go to him if you want the help because he is smart he knows if people really want help or not.

Thank you to my Dr. Dr Timothy Dwight Gammon. show details Thank you to my Dr. Dr Timothy Dwight Gammon.
by Mark Kilpat on Mar 19th, 2014

once again thank you for everything you are not only a doctor you are a great friend to me you have helped save my life to make me a better person and I feel I can talk to you about anything it is not easy for me to do. I have always talk to myself until I started talking to doctor game and his staff is friendly they're great they make you feel like family he treat you just like a brother yeah I understand he wants nothing but the positive and the most best for every single one of his patients I believe Dr Gammon is 100 percent behind his practice and the best at what he could possibly be doing. I am going to continue to go to Dr Gammon for all my medical needs I appreciate everything is done I love their staff I care for him everything has been great thank you very much for being my doctor you do stand out in the crowd. sincerely mark K fellow rider.

complete moron show details complete moron
Nov 22nd, 2013

the first office visit was over a 2 hour wait the doc didn't ask me much about my background just assumed I was a drug addict treated me like I was on crack the second visit was even worse when I tried telling him I was having bad symptoms from the medication he said u cant be he made me feel like a liar would not listen to a word I was telling him and was mad at me for not wanting to listen to him tell me there is no way I could be having side affects. At one point I pointed at my ears to explain something to him and before I got a word out of my mouth he yelled WHAT IS THAT/ I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS needles to say I was the one with the bad behavior and needed to see a therapist. So If you want to see a Dr. that is belittleing, judgemental, non caring and down right rude hes the one for you

Mark as Helpful  | 21 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Best Doc show details Best Doc
by Ed M, on Nov 22nd, 2013

Best doctor ever he basically SAVED my LIFE. I got mad at him sometimes, Dr, Gammons tells it like it is and that's hard sometimes. But the only doctor that ever really helped me because he cares. Coolest doctor ever change you pic!!!

by Dave Wagner on Aug 15th, 2013

Dr Gammons is by far the best physician I have ever known. He shows a sincere concern for health and welfare. The only issue I have ever had was at times having to wait but in hindsight I have never been waiting for more than an hour. He is personable and caring. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an excellant doctor.

Turns his back on you! show details Turns his back on you!
Jul 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing dr gammons for approx 7 years and have missed a few appointments in the years due to my job.

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Not Recommended show details Not Recommended
by Rebecca L. on Jun 29th, 2013

Mark as Helpful  | 24 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Family Doctor for over 7 yrs no problems show details Family Doctor for over 7 yrs no problems
Sep 20th, 2012

Overall great doctor, and his entire staff. Throughout the yrs I have been a patient he has made changes to apt himself and his practice to suit the needs of his patients. I would recommend him to other people for general health preventive maintenance. Overall Great job Dr. GammonsT. Meadows

May 16th, 2012

He is a drug salesman for Suboxone and thinks everyone should be on it. Beware!!! I have seen him for a few visits and I don't think you can believe anything he says. Last visit for me.

Mark as Helpful  | 16 people found this helpful Report Abuse
offended. show details offended.
Feb 15th, 2012

If i wanted to be judged and told I was a liar or a drug addict that is faking to sell pills on the street , I would visit Dr gammons. If i wanted to be told every visit that i should seek help with AA and i do not need the medicine he is prescribing , I would visit Dr Gammons. If i had already made 6 visits and he can't remember if we have met before i would visit Dr Gammons. Working 10 years in the same field does not give you a 6th sense of your patients. A DR that confuses the flu for opiate detox needs help. if every patient is the same to a DR , he is not looking hard enough. I came to this office seeking a cheaper , safer pain management alternative to opiates and found myself insulted and degraded by a judge mental know it all. I felt like a lower class citizen or a criminal after my visit.

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Dec 15th, 2011

- Overall good doctor and practice

Nov 16th, 2011

I am a recovering addict, and Dr. Gammons has saved my life! He has also made me realize that addiction doesn't just affect what most people sterotype__it can happen to anybody!

Dr Gammons is highly recomended by me! show details Dr Gammons is highly recomended by me!
by Patrick M. a greatful recovering addict on Jan 29th, 2011

I found Gammons Medical when searching for a doctor to support me when I was sick and tired of addiction and wanted to try Suboxone. They got me in right away and my first visit was informative, pleasant and I felt like Dr Gammons really did care about me and my troubles. It was the beginning of going on four relapse free years of recovery. I was never treated like a worthless person because of my battle with drug abuse, but was treated with respect and genuine concern. I had to move three hours away and I've been to see four doctors to continue mu Suboxone treatment but none can come close to Dr Gammons. I know know it is worth the drive just to know I will be seeing a doctor I can count on.Don't hesitate to make a call to their office, I've never been able to find care that comes even close anywhere else.

The best two in one doc I've ever been to show details The best two in one doc I've ever been to
Dec 30th, 2010

I have a number of Ilnesses, including Chronic sever pain. After I'd been dx with so many things. This is my family doc that also treats my pain. Most docs I've been to(alot) don't see that when u have chronic pain some days are terrible some are tolerable So he actually knows that u need what I call wiggle room with my meds. I'm in need of being on pain meds the rest of my life. He treats me as I would treat myself.the "wiggle" room means on worst days u can take a bit exta medication an when u don't need it don't take it. He's NOT a doctor feel good. He knows how pain management works and CARES HOW YOU FEEL. But also at the same time he'll find out if your a real addict or your pain is all to real. Be truthful with him and he'll talk to u as u are respected not persicuted for taking necessary medications. But watch out he's good at weeding out the fakers because he specializes in addiction. I can't say enough about him. Absolutly the best pain management guy and a great family doctor He treats our family as family

Mar 27th, 2009

this dr. has no bed side manner. his picture above is exactly how he talks to you. treated me like i was very beneath him.. if it were possible i actually felt worse when i left.

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse