Family Practitioner, Addiction Medicine Specialist, General Practitioner
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

Oct 16th, 2014

I should have taken prior reviews seriously regarding Dr. Gammon. He is the most unprofessional doctor. Very condescending, pushy, and arrogant, with little knowledge in diagnosing. I plan on telling friends and family of my unpleasant experience with Dr. Gammon. Stay far away from him.

|  ASTOUNDED  |  show details
by COBRA on Aug 11th, 2014

THIS IS DOCTOR IS SCREAMING FOR A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE JUDGEMENT FOR OUTING A PATIENT'S PROTECTED PRIVACY RIGHTS...SPECIFICALLY, RECECCA L, ALSO THE PERSON THAT COMMENTED AND POSITED THAT THEY WERE CONCERNED WITH GAMMONS RESPONSE HAS GOT TO BE THE WORLD'S LARGEST IDIOT FOR MAKING IT WORSE VIA POSTING HER FULL NAME AND HER LOCATION. VERY BAD IDEA..IT IS APPARENT THAT GAMMONS HIMSELF MUST HAVE DONE THIS AS ALL IT DID WAS ADD INSULT TO INJURY. THINK ABOUT THAT. BEING INVOLVED WITH CRIMINAL JUSTICE FOR OVER 2 DECADES...WE CALL THIS ..A "BAIT AND SWITCH" MOVE.

|  Horrible Gammons comment about Rebecca L.  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2014

Oh my God! This guy did not just give out the occupation of the patient!!!! He gave out her test results publicly. St. John should stop associate with this man and Rebecca L. should report him to LARA, HIPAA enforcement agency, and St. John's. She should sue him... What an arrogant and ignorant doctor. Yeah whoever wrote the post about his home address should just post it.

|  About Ms. Rebecca L.- broken confidentiality and patient trust  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2014

I was a P.T. of Mr. Gammons and I will never be seeing this man again!!!! Now, Mr. Gammons (I am not calling him a Dr) completely disregarded confidentiality and HIPAA in regards to Ms. Rebecca L. When he in his little commentary revealed, that a person hiding behind the nickname of Rebecca L. for anonymity, was a registered nurse he broke the confidentiality and violated patient trust. Because of his actions, without ever meeting Ms. Rebecca L. I can tell you that her real name is Rebecca LaBond and that she lives in New Baltimore. I, of course, was able to find a complete address but unlike Mr. Gammons I will not post it. Mr. Gammons likes to take unfavorable and anonymous posts down. Therefore, I will make sure that a copy of this post reappears whenever it is taken down. By the way, 2975 is Mr. Gammons’s house number, but I hope he respects other patients’ privacy and the whole address won’t have to appear.

|  Shameful  |  show details
by Shannon C. on Jun 23rd, 2014

Dr. Gammons was by far the worst doctor I had ever met! I, like many of the other reviews, had to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes before he walked through the door of my exam room. I think he forgot to pay for his electric bills because the air was not working at all. During my visit with this so called "addiction specialist" he called me liar, told me to stop talking, I was wasting his time and that I had to go to just AA and get a paper signed. He called me a hypocrite, told me that I don't have the clean time I say I do because I was on narcotics for the pain. He challenged me regarding the 12 steps as I through the same question back at him. We were arguing in the exam room regarding the 12 steps. He asked me what knowledge i had of them and that I should not be sponsoring people while taking narcotics. Unflipping real!! I am fighting breast cancer along with a long list of other health issues and I had to take narcotics a few times in the last few years. He made feel like I was a loser for taking the pain meds considering I have benign tumors growing all over my body, interally from my head to my toes, literally. He had absolutely nothing nice to say to me. He is rude, mean, showed no compassion. I couldn't imagine being a "newcomer" and having this bozo for a doctor. No wonder people keep relapsing, he doesn't care nor does he want to help you or me! I think the other review from Robin summed it up real nice because he did the exact same thing to me! I will never recommend this bozo to anyone. Do yourself and everyone one you know a big favor and don't see this jerk. To top it off I was checking out and he wrote me a script for Suboxone for one week, not having any information on my current medications, why I have pain to begin with, and never told me how to take this medicine (suboxone), if I had to stop taking any of my meds...nothing! Crazy!!! Do not seek any medical advice or suggestions from this so called "addiction specialist. " Shannon C. Macomb Co. MI

by Rebecca L. on Apr 27th, 2014

I have never been more disappointed and disheartened by a healthcare provider. I have seen this provider several times over the last year and each visit was 1-2 hour wait before being seen by Dr. Gammons or one of his staff members. Yet, the waiting time was more pleasant than the communications between Dr. Gammons and myself. Dr. Gammons preached his theories and philosophies without allowing me to discuss my healthcare concerns or issues. He used phrases that are condescending and belittling; for example, "I don't want to hear any words from you", "No, no, you will listen to what I have to say, it does not matter what you are going to say", and "If you were working the steps you wouldn't be worried about your husband's brain cancer and he will die." I never felt compassion or any sense that he cared about my health or well-being. I would never recommend Dr. Gammons for any type of healthcare. He is uncaring, compassionless and should not, in my opinion, be engaged in healthcare in any in an fashion.

Doctor's Response

Rebecca L. was a Registered Nurse that was under my care via the Michigan Health Professionals Recovery Program (HPRP) which provides addiction treatment for impaired health professionals in the State of Michigan. She lost her nursing license as a result of her opiate addiction. Throughout treatment she unfortunately continued to struggle with opiate addiction. She was poorly compliant with recommendations, and provided opiate positive and diverted urine drug screens. This review is NOT ACCURATE. I sincerely hope that in the future she will display the willingness and patience to successfully engage in recovery.

|  Horriible bedside manners.  |  show details
by S. on Apr 27th, 2014

I will not go to him again.

|  No comments  |  show details
by Paul on Apr 27th, 2014

I would not send my dog to him.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by Steve on Apr 24th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Gammons for a little over a year. He helped me with an addiction I had been fighting for several years. I have built a great relationship with him and I see him now as my general doctor. I see Dr. Gammons now for everything from headaches to smoking cessation to cortisone injections. On a recent visit, I found out that he now does laser tattoo removal. I have several regrettable tattoos from my younger days and went for my first laser treatment today. The equipment was new, the facility was clean and Dr. Gammons was professional and caring. I am so happy that I found this doctor and am very pleased with all the results. I recommend him to friends and family who have addictions and now can recommend him for tattoo removal. Great Doc!

|  He is a truthful and helpful doctor  |  show details
by Spongey on Apr 12th, 2014

I been seeing dr. Gammons now for 8months before him i was battling with getting off meds for 10yrs since i have seen him i am way better i do more im a better father and husband dr gammons nows why ur there only if u are truthful and want help will u be there and have good treatment

|  The smartest man I've ever met.  |  show details
by Craig on Apr 10th, 2014

He is the smartest person I've ever met. By far the only doctor I've ever known who treats addiction. I've been in and out of treat for many years. I'm doing good now thanks to dr. Gammons. He has helped me a lot. But only go to him if you want the help because he is smart he knows if people really want help or not.

|  Thank you to my Dr. Dr Timothy Dwight Gammon.  |  show details
by Mark Kilpat on Mar 19th, 2014

once again thank you for everything you are not only a doctor you are a great friend to me you have helped save my life to make me a better person and I feel I can talk to you about anything it is not easy for me to do. I have always talk to myself until I started talking to doctor game and his staff is friendly they're great they make you feel like family he treat you just like a brother yeah I understand he wants nothing but the positive and the most best for every single one of his patients I believe Dr Gammon is 100 percent behind his practice and the best at what he could possibly be doing. I am going to continue to go to Dr Gammon for all my medical needs I appreciate everything is done I love their staff I care for him everything has been great thank you very much for being my doctor you do stand out in the crowd. sincerely mark K fellow rider.

|  complete moron  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2013

the first office visit was over a 2 hour wait the doc didn't ask me much about my background just assumed I was a drug addict treated me like I was on crack the second visit was even worse when I tried telling him I was having bad symptoms from the medication he said u cant be he made me feel like a liar would not listen to a word I was telling him and was mad at me for not wanting to listen to him tell me there is no way I could be having side affects. At one point I pointed at my ears to explain something to him and before I got a word out of my mouth he yelled WHAT IS THAT/ I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS needles to say I was the one with the bad behavior and needed to see a therapist. So If you want to see a Dr. that is belittleing, judgemental, non caring and down right rude hes the one for you

Mark as Helpful  | 20 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Best Doc  |  show details
by Ed M, on Nov 22nd, 2013

Best doctor ever he basically SAVED my LIFE. I got mad at him sometimes, Dr, Gammons tells it like it is and that's hard sometimes. But the only doctor that ever really helped me because he cares. Coolest doctor ever change you pic!!!

by Dave Wagner on Aug 15th, 2013

Dr Gammons is by far the best physician I have ever known. He shows a sincere concern for health and welfare. The only issue I have ever had was at times having to wait but in hindsight I have never been waiting for more than an hour. He is personable and caring. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an excellant doctor.

|  Turns his back on you!  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing dr gammons for approx 7 years and have missed a few appointments in the years due to my job.

Mark as Helpful  | 14 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Not Recommended  |  show details
by Rebecca L. on Jun 29th, 2013

Mark as Helpful  | 24 people found this helpful Report Abuse
 |  Family Doctor for over 7 yrs no problems  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

Overall great doctor, and his entire staff. Throughout the yrs I have been a patient he has made changes to apt himself and his practice to suit the needs of his patients. I would recommend him to other people for general health preventive maintenance. Overall Great job Dr. GammonsT. Meadows

May 16th, 2012

He is a drug salesman for Suboxone and thinks everyone should be on it. Beware!!! I have seen him for a few visits and I don't think you can believe anything he says. Last visit for me.

|  offended.  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2012

If i wanted to be judged and told I was a liar or a drug addict that is faking to sell pills on the street , I would visit Dr gammons. If i wanted to be told every visit that i should seek help with AA and i do not need the medicine he is prescribing , I would visit Dr Gammons. If i had already made 6 visits and he can't remember if we have met before i would visit Dr Gammons. Working 10 years in the same field does not give you a 6th sense of your patients. A DR that confuses the flu for opiate detox needs help. if every patient is the same to a DR , he is not looking hard enough. I came to this office seeking a cheaper , safer pain management alternative to opiates and found myself insulted and degraded by a judge mental know it all. I felt like a lower class citizen or a criminal after my visit.

Dec 15th, 2011

- Overall good doctor and practice

Nov 16th, 2011

I am a recovering addict, and Dr. Gammons has saved my life! He has also made me realize that addiction doesn't just affect what most people sterotype__it can happen to anybody!

|  Dr Gammons is highly recomended by me!  |  show details
by Patrick M. a greatful recovering addict on Jan 29th, 2011

I found Gammons Medical when searching for a doctor to support me when I was sick and tired of addiction and wanted to try Suboxone. They got me in right away and my first visit was informative, pleasant and I felt like Dr Gammons really did care about me and my troubles. It was the beginning of going on four relapse free years of recovery. I was never treated like a worthless person because of my battle with drug abuse, but was treated with respect and genuine concern. I had to move three hours away and I've been to see four doctors to continue mu Suboxone treatment but none can come close to Dr Gammons. I know know it is worth the drive just to know I will be seeing a doctor I can count on.Don't hesitate to make a call to their office, I've never been able to find care that comes even close anywhere else.

|  The best two in one doc I've ever been to  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2010

I have a number of Ilnesses, including Chronic sever pain. After I'd been dx with so many things. This is my family doc that also treats my pain. Most docs I've been to(alot) don't see that when u have chronic pain some days are terrible some are tolerable So he actually knows that u need what I call wiggle room with my meds. I'm in need of being on pain meds the rest of my life. He treats me as I would treat myself.the "wiggle" room means on worst days u can take a bit exta medication an when u don't need it don't take it. He's NOT a doctor feel good. He knows how pain management works and CARES HOW YOU FEEL. But also at the same time he'll find out if your a real addict or your pain is all to real. Be truthful with him and he'll talk to u as u are respected not persicuted for taking necessary medications. But watch out he's good at weeding out the fakers because he specializes in addiction. I can't say enough about him. Absolutly the best pain management guy and a great family doctor He treats our family as family

Mar 27th, 2009

this dr. has no bed side manner. his picture above is exactly how he talks to you. treated me like i was very beneath him.. if it were possible i actually felt worse when i left.