Dr. Dwight Matthias MD Patient Reviews

3.8

January 26th, 2016
Puffs115
As reading the reviews I do not want a doctor who refuses to help with thyroid. You should listen to a patient they know their own system and how it works. Doctors are to help along with the progress.

October 12th, 2013
Very Professional Doctors
Dr. Matthias has been very accurate in both of his observation of my Thyroid in 208 and 2013 which lead to a Total Thyroidectomy. He is very professional, compassionate and a people person. He follows up with you the old fashion way. (by giving you a call at home to make sure you are okay). He also goes the extra mile for his patients. Great job Doc. I highly recommend Dr. Matthias.

August 5th, 2013
Great doctor but needs new staff
One of the best doctors I have been to. His bedside manners are terrific. He takes his time on explaining things and answers all of your questions very thoroughly. With that being said he often is running behind due to the fact that he is so thorough. It can be frustrating but I try to understand that he spends as much time as necessary with each patient including myself. His staff is not as great. 9 times out of 10 they are rude and lazy. Every so often you will catch them in a great mood. I have considered changing doctors numerous times after dealing with them and have had family go elsewhere because of them but it's hard to find a good endocrinologist in the area so I've decided to stay for now. I don't miss an opportunity to let Dr. Matthias know about his staff just to make sure he knows if I do leave they are the reason why.

July 20th, 2011
Front office staff is not very friendly at all. Very difficult getting follow-up, needed appointments/procedures scheduled.

June 10th, 2010
A Physician Who Cares
I would and have recommend Dr. Matthias. He is very different from my last endocrinelogist. Very straight forward, helpful and willing to answer any questions you may have. Provides good advice and information concerning treatment and medications. Ms. Wood is also very helpful and able to help me with any concerns that I may have.

November 25th, 2009
Miracle
My daughter has suffered for years with several different symptoms which almost ruined her adolescence. In the course of 6 weeks he had her on a track to success. She continues to improve and people stop me and tell me how much healthier she looks. He listens to her and takes time to explain answers to all of our questions. If you need metabolic or diabetic help, this is the man for the job.

November 17th, 2009
Cost me alot of money and days in pain
Dr Mattias does not return phone calls he only want to see you in the office. The lady that answers the phone is very rude. I had to spend thousands in medical all because he did not do regular testing after the treatment. I had a reaction and it took the hospital calling him before he returned my call. Again my test are way off and causing medical problem and he will not return my calls to advise the medication amount until I can be seen one week later.(Even though blood work numbers have already been faxed over by my doctor. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

October 5th, 2009
A very thorough and genuine Dr.
When I first went to Dr Matthias he was able to look at me and give me an accurate assessment that was backed up with bloodwork and test. He took time and talked with me and my husband and showed genuine concern for my health. He didn't rush me or the other patients. And still got us in and out in a timely manner. I felt like he was doing what he was called to do and not just what was a good profession to make alot of money. Thank you Dr Matthias for improving my quality of life and my self esteem.

June 23rd, 2009
Real disappointed.
Wanted to cut on me, and nuke my thyroid.Told me if I didn't do what he wanted me to do, RUI he would not be responsible.I am sure he is very knowledgable in Diabetes. But an all or nothing approach really sucks, especially when there are other options.He refused medication treatment first.