Surgeons
44199 Dequindre Rd
Suite 412
Troy, MI 48085
248-879-5590
Locations and availability (5)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Confident  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

Dr Misra was very personable and spent the time with me to make me feel comfortable with my gull bladder surgery .

|  show details
Mar 16th, 2011

I got opinions from three different surgeons. He gave me the best answers and a fantastic recovery. Always listened and helped me through the whole process. The most kind and compassionate doctor I have ever met.

|  Inguinal Hernia-Surgery  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

never having any type of surgery beforeI was extremely worried about what i was about to go thru.I meet Dr Misra at my regualar physiansoffice and found him to be a very concerned and personable doctor.He reviewed my problem,explained my options, made some recommendations and let me make the decission.1 week later (today) i went to Beaumont hospital and was operated on without a problem. Ever step of the procedurewas explained andd Dr Misra performed the surgery on time and just as he explained. I cant say enough good things about the care I recieved from the staff at Beaumont Troy. from the check in nurseto the wheeelchair guy, everyone was kind concerned.enyone with reservations about having Dr Misra perfrom there general surgeryshould be put at ease. He deliveres wht he says.

|  Great MD  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

i have both been a patient of his as has my mother (my recommendation). He was recommended by a friend ( a nurse at his hospital) who said he had the lowest infection rate of the surgeons. I found him courteous, thorough, and willing to spend what time is needed for any questions. As for the wait time - he IS a surgeon, I am sure he HAS acute cases which will get priority over his lobby (if you were the acute case, you would appreciate his prompt attention I am sure). By the way, I am an ICU nurse of 15 years.

|  ruined my life  |  show details
by john on Mar 11th, 2009

I went to see Dr. Misra because i had acid reflux real bad. He said there was a surgery that would eliminate it for good and it was basically a walk in the park. After i had the surgery i developed a hital hernia. That was one of the side effects from the surgery that i was never told about. Now i needed to have a major surgery to fix that. After that i now have another hital hernia which he guaranteed i would never have. Now i have major problems that have ruined me physically and finacially. And i have the acid reflux again. I am so depressed. He has ruined my life.

|  show details
Jan 25th, 2009

Most intelligent and compassionate physician I have ever encountered.

|  Dr. comes off great turns out thumbs down  |  show details
by unhappy and still ill patient on Oct 21st, 2008

staff was very rude. I had my gall bladder removed and after 3 weeks the pain continued to the point that I had to go to the emergency room. I was told there was a bile back in me and my liver enzymes were elevated that I should contact Misra. The next day I called his office and asked his receptionist to get my report from bi county and show it to Dr. Misra she stated that his other office should do it since I see him there. I told her he is only there once every two weeks and he needed to see this report now because I was in extreme pain. She then stated "its complicated because Misra works out of Troy Hospital and that she does not have the phone number to bi county that I needed to go there and sign a release form and have them fax it to her. I said no, because they are expecting your request and she said "again its complicated because I don't have bi counties phone number." So I crawled out of bed to the yellow pages and looked it up for her. Let me say that Most offices have a list of hospital numbers on hand. Anyhow later that night I called her back and she said the doctor was gone for the day. I said did you give him my report and she stated that she put it on his desk and she does not know if he looked at it. I said mam I have allot of pain he needed to see this earlier when I called. So I asked her to leave him a message to call me and she stated "I can but I dont know if he will call you or not". I said it dont matter leave it anyhow. After hanging up I thought to myself that I needed her name. I called back and said "I need the name of the receptionist that I had been talking to." The lady said "I dont know who that was there are 5 of us here and two of them left for the day." I said well ask everyone and she said "why do you need a name" I said are you serious? She said " well that is a strange question I never heard of someone needing to know a name" Again I said "lady are you serious, everyone should know the name of the person taking care of them" She said "well I never heard of that". I said what is your name and she stated "Sally". Then another lady got on the phone and said "we just paged the dr. for you". I said "oh now that I want to know the name of the person I was talking to now your willing to page the dr." I said "I want to know her name." The lady said well two people just left and I said ok fine what were their names. She stated one ladys name and the other she identified as "Sally". I said I was just talking to Sally and then the lady said, yes I guess you were. I said I can not believe you would cover for her what is wrong with you people! About 20 minutes later the dr called me and I try to tell him what his staff did and he seemed defensive so I went on to tell him about my hospital visit and my pain. He told me to see Dr. Thaib in the morning for a test to see if I had a stone in my liver. The next morning I called Thaibs office and got in. I was there waiting for the Dr. then the receptionist (different office) came up and said Dr. Thaib could not see me that he could not help me and I was sent away. Dr. Misra called me the next day after that and said he would contact another Dr and see if he could get me in the same day for an ercp test. He said he would call me back in one hour. Five days later I called his office never hearing from him and was still in pain. His office said Misra told them he told Monica at the other office to get me scheduled for the test. I called Monica and she said "no Dr. Misra was going to take care of it not me". So she got on the phone and I got an appointment the same day with a gastro doctor. I had a ERCP and it showed a narrow bile duct that was sooo narrow the camera would not go through and the Dr. had to cut it to make it fit. That is why I had the pain, my bile duct was to narrow causing the bile to back up inside me and in turn caused pain. I have read that sometimes during gall bladder removal the dr. could injure the bile duct and it could cause it to narrow. I dont know if that is what happened with me for sure yet because no one has called me to tell me. The procedure was done yesterday and so far I am still having pain. Still have not heard from Misra once since he phoned me 6 days ago. Not a hello how are you feeling, nothing.