Dr. Gene Deune Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gene Deune?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Gene Deune?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 21st, 2017

Altered the course of my life for the worse

Around 15 years ago Dr. Deune treated me for possible Parry-Romberg syndrome. He is a skilled microsurgeon but at the time he had an odd, smiley, doctor-knows-best bedside manner and a stubborn streak. Here's where the really bad part of my story starts. Seemingly unable to honor and adapt to my concerns, he removed a large amount of flesh from my abdomen to refine the shape of a grafted free flap in my cheek, and in so doing ruined my sex life forever by leaving me with patchy sensitivity and general discomfort in an all-important erogenous zone (which I explained to him twice since he promptly forgot). I stipulated that I did not want him to touch that area and even drew a big X over it on the day of the surgery. I told him that if he had no other option, to abort. We should have switched surgeons. But my parents are the skittish type who worshiped the ground this man walked on. It is costing me thousands (after so many years not being able to even afford it) to correct the damage he's done and I will probably never have full sensation back and all I got out of him was a "sorry, I didn't know". I'm sure he has helped many people. But I would have skipped him entirely if I knew what he was going to do despite my best efforts to steer his direction.

October 21st, 2015

Dr. Deune has been treating my son since he was 7 months old. He is now 13. My son has had hand surgeries over the years as he has been growing. Dr. Deune has always been exceptional! When my son was hospitalized with something unrelated, he came to visit him. I would highly recommend him!

March 13th, 2017