inactive

Earl Carstensen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

January 23rd, 2016
Quick service, but he can be rude. Smart man but some of his comments where shocking, even years after the fact.

September 30th, 2015
OMG, Rudest bedside manner ever so far. Poster child for today's angry world.
No way, stay away from this character. He should be ashamed of himself. Gave me an ultimatum to start with him as a new patient and like it or get out. I left and he said that I have wasted his time. Like his time is more important than mine! Obviously he has issues. He owes me for gas! RIP

May 3rd, 2011
If you are looking for a great doctor with compassion who will not judge you.
I had been sick for almost three weeks and didn't have a primary care physician because I am rarely ill. Even as a first time patient, I was able to be seen within 24 hours. I printed out the online first time patient forms and had them ready when I walked in the door. I was seen within minutes. Dr. Carstensen addressed my immediate need for antibiotics as well as gently discussed some underlying issues (smoking). I am about to make a follow up appointment for a lung capacity test and to sit down and talk about quitting options. Dr. Carstensen is a reformed smoker and understands the difficulty in quitting. He had the best bedside manner of any physician I have ever seen in my life and felt almost like family in the way that I was treated.

March 1st, 2011
Medical Care: The Way It Should Be Provided!
Dr. Carstensen remains my MD of choice 10 years ater our initial appointment. I left briefly to avoid the commute to Aurora, CO from the northwest Denver suburbs where I live. However, Dr. Carstensen's experience and level of care was unmatched by several MDs I tried. The team at Healthy Practices gives patients care that is personalized, comprehensive and thorough; they listen.That's rare, in this day and age of corporate 'cattle car' medicine. Cattle car doctors maximize the number of patients they see daily, and minimize the amount of time they spend with each; making money is the primary goal. Properly diagnosing and treating a patient ... well, that seems to have become secondary. Dr. Carstensen provides medical care the way it should be provided. He spends time with, and talks to his patients. It's easy to make an appointment. You can reach him after typical business hours, if a non-emergency condition warrants. I'll note it one last time: that's medical care the way it should be provided.

February 24th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
Dr Carstensen is a great doctor. I started seeing him in 2001 and he has seen me through various illnesses. Starting with a short wait time and going through the final printout of what was discussed, he cares and listens.

February 23rd, 2011
Thorough Physician
I have been going to Dr. Carstensen for 4 years now. He documents throughout the appointment in full view of the patient, eliminating the mystery of what the doctor is actually writing in the record. He is very thorough, looking at past medical history and current research to inform his decisions. He cares about his patients, and is sensitive to their emotional needs as well as their physiological. He works with the patient so they become an active participant in their care. Every time I have needed a specialist, he has given me great references. He is aware of the high cost of medications, and considers that when prescribing. Overall, I enjoy working with Dr. Carstensen.

November 1st, 2010
disappointed
This doctor referred by a friend, but I was very unhappy with experience. Very abrupt and didn't seem to listen ... entire appointments I'd be talking to the back of his head as he typed a the computer. I just felt uncared for, an luckily found a better doctor the next time.