Surgeons
Surgical Associates of Mercer & Monmouth County
1374 Whitehorse Hamilton Square Rd
Trenton, NJ 08690
609-586-1319
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A wonderful doctor  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

After have lap band surgery in 2005 at a well known philadelphia hospital, I went from 216 (size 22-24) to 120 (size 4-6) in about a year. Acid reflux so bad I couldn't stand it. During the night I had to sleep with a towel under head as the acid flowed out my mouth and my nose. When I call Phila dr office they just said to double the prevacid, elevate my bed and just watch what I ate.2 years later it was so bad I went to primary dr who sent me to gastro office. It was discovered that my band had slipped and 3/4 of my stomach was now up in my chest. Emergency surgery to remove the band. The Philly hospital wouldn't even discuss re-banding, said it was a once in a lifetime coverage by insurance. However, I had a consult with Dr Noyan's office and he agree to take me on as a patient. I was rebanded November 2011 and everything is perfect, as it should be!! Not one iota of indigestion or acid reflux. He is WONDERFUL and very caring. DO not hesitate to set up a consult with him and discuss what it best for you. He will not steer you wrong.

|  This My 3 Year Gastric Bypass Anniversary  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Dr. Noyan and Dr. Val saved my life!!! Wish you could see the 325 pound woman of 3 years ago (size 28) and 188 pounds today in a size 14! At 57 tears old, my quality of life has improved due to this surgery, surgeon and staff! When I tell you that they held my hand through the whole process, THEY DID!!!God Bless you all!!

|  Go to a doctor affiliate with a bariatic hospital  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

DO NOT USE THIS SURGEON. First of all this surgeon is NOT associated with a bariatic clinic. Which means you will be placed on a hospital floor with people that just had basic gall bladders surgery post recovery. Those nurses do not know what to do with you. I had an ICU nurse look at my mom in HORROR never had a gastric bypass patient before, in the ICU!! Please go to a surgeon that is affiliated with a hospital that performs these types of surgeries on a routine basis! The types of complications you have will be way different than other patients and the nurses should be familiar with them. Second, Dr Noyan punctured my mom's bowel during her lap gastric bypass surgery. She was sealed up and sent home the next day. She came back to the hospital a few days later and NO ONE CAUGHT THIS. They sent her back home where she continued to get weaker and sicker. Dr Noyan told us to just keep giving her protein! Finally she could barely walk because 80 lbs of fluid had built in her legs and she was desperately sick. Even though Dr Noyan's office is 2 miles from her home he flat out refused to come see her. He made our family struggle to get my 400 lb mother down the stairs, in the car and into the office. Nothing was still done. Finally I called an ambulance and brought her back to the hospital. FINALLY someone caught that there was air in belly, septic and bowel had been punctured. Dr Noyan was in Jamaica!! Some random surgeon in the ER had to perform emergency surgery. In the end I do not know how my mother made it through it alive. It took her almost 6 months to recover all of these complications due to poor medical care.Please go to someone else, this surgery is so difficult. Most bariatic hospitals will provide a plan before and after surgery. Dr Noyan requires the bare min to have surgery and provides next to no aftercare on how to live your new life!

|  Daughter of patient that died under Dr Noyan's care  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Dr Noyan may be a good surgeon in some cases, but he is not a good doctor. Ask him how many patients he has in intensive care or how many of his patients have died and why. He did not perform the operation safeguards necessary to protect my mother. And failed to keep her safe in the ICU. He may do standard operations fine, but if there is a a problem, he does not have the time or initiative to help.

|  Patient  |  show details
by TRISH on Mar 27th, 2011

Suffereing with major depression for the past 11 years is what started this morbid obesity...and going to another facitlity that was not a pleasant experience really made me feel unsure as to what I wanted to do for "weight loss." I was unable to leave my home to patronize the gym or use my home equipment.On the initial call and appointment with the Hamilton Office, it was a pleasure to be welcomed by courteous and caring staff. I really want to do something very kind for the office staff and nutritionist.It was difficult for me to keep appointments and follow-up with the necessary steps prior to surgery. This had nothing to do with "Surgical Associates," it was my personal problem.I was encouraged to "move forward and stay on target" which is a requirement of the insurance company. All I can say "Praises" to an outstanding support system in preparation of what to expect and steps to follow prior/after surgery.Afterwards, Dr. Noyan and his wife, Avril, RN, epitomized their "team work." This is certainly a plus for their office.Personally, it displays a sign of "sincere dedication" to help people put an end to "serious weight issues" which can prolong lives.Dr. Noyan used detailed displays and explained surgical options available. Basically, I had a mindset for the "band" from prior research and his presentation confirmed my decision.It is 10 days with the "band." The office staff and Dr. Noyan were prompt when telephoned with some minor concerns.There is a difference already; I am truly pleased and blessed. Facing some personal issues and this weight were driving me "insane."I am a "perfectionist" for treating all people with the "utmost respect and care" in any setting. I have even more expectations of those in the medical field when it comes to "my health"...."I made the right decision in Dr. Noyans's office."I shared with the psychiatrist; I felt comfortable after meeting with Dr. Noyan and assured her this was probably the "best option" after his presentation and my prior research. "Anti-depressants" were not going to get rid of this weight and I was not going to the gym.I have lost "10 years of my life" in deep depression; I really feel encouraged today (3/27/11) with just the 15 pound weight loss, thus far. With God's help and the supportive help from "Surgical Associates"...it will help bring some "closure" to personal issues in my life.I look forward to "total success" with this weight loss surgery.A very close friend felt likewise with her "band" performed by Dr. Val Prokurat, an associate in Dr. Noyan's office.Dr. Noyan and his staff's "genuine care" along with Dr. Noyan's "exemplary credentials" are a "total asset" to the care of his patients.Thank you Drs. Noyan, Prokurat and Staff.