Dr. Earl Roberts MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.0
  • 2 reviews

June 27th, 2014
Go elsewhere!!!
These were my physicians for the first year of my sons life. I cannot begin to express the disappointment I have had in then. I will start by telling you that during the interview I was impressed. They ran on schedule and provided all the right answers to put a parent at ease. That was the last time I would feel that way with them. From our first visit on we never went in and did not have to wait in a room for less than 45 minutes. Usually that wait was over an hour. As a working parent, one can imagine the frustration at wasting all that time waiting on a doctor who gives less than 10 minutes (all shots, etc... are left to the nurses and MAs). Are first major regret in out physician choice came when our son had his first illness. We went in for a Saturday sick visit. After waiting in a room with a 9 month old for over 2 hours the physician finally came in. She looked at him and told us she had children there far sicker than him and we should take him home. This was mostly because our son is calm and becomes lethargic when sick versus us screaming like many children . Two days later we were at miami children with a fever over 103. After that we were in Infants and children constantly trying to figure out what the root of his illness was. He wasn't getting better. All the physicians could say was "he is in day care...what do you expect?" Truthfully, I expect them to treat him and not make me feel horrible for needing to work to afford college and doctor bills for my child. They kept putting him on amoxicillin (which wasn't working...so why not try something different?). Each doctor or nurse practitioner we saw told us something different. No one had the same school of thought and therefore put us and our son through heck. Finally one physician tried an antibiotic that needed to be injected for 3 straight days. Every time we went in it cost us a copay. Every time we went in (with an appointment) it took over an hour for an MA or a nurse to make it into a room to give him a one second injection. That month cost us over $500 in copays, a lifetime of hours we will never get back and worry that a parent should never have to go through. Shame on us for staying with the practice after that. As our sons one year birthday rolled around and we went to the office for his vaccinations I asked if there was a long wait (after all, I had learned to get the earliest possible appointment to try and save my sanity). They assured me it would only be a few minutes. I gave myself a two hour window from the start of his appointment before I scheduled an interview for myself to make a career move. I figured with that type of window he should be able to get his exam, shots and get to school so I could take the initial phone interview. After an hour I dressed my son and waited a few More minutes. Nothing. I left the office. We are now interviewing for a new pediatrician and we have learned a lifetime of lessons from this. The funny part is that the office never called to apologize. The horror and disgust I feel towards this practice is undeniable. If you are looking for quality care for your child, this is NOT the place to go.

July 30th, 2012
He grabbed my child
We will never use this doctor again, in fact we will not allow any of our 4 children to be seen by the Infants and Children group in Jupiter or West Palm Beach, FL. Upon visiting the Mr. Roberts (he doesn't deserve to be called Dr.), 2 of my children were bickering in te office when Roberts physically grabbed my child by the arm, put him up against the wall, and scolded him telling him to sit in the corner. Their mother was there in the course of disciplining them when Roberts inappropriately took the disciplining into his own hands.Disgusting.