Dr. Earle Oki MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.5

March 27th, 2015
Dr Oki , soo smart. It's like having an appointment with Spock. His knowledge base is large and he's very scientific in his explanations. He's someone you can trust.

September 10th, 2014
Worst experience in history
I wish there were a negative star for bedside manner because Dr. Oki would get it. I work with hundreds of doctors and he has by far the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. He withholds information then chastises his patients when they ask questions. Patients are customers in the healthcare world and he needs to seriously get some better customer service skills or he will be out of business. I have never been talked down to like how he talked down to me, just for being curious and concerned for my babies welfare. You couldn't pay me to go back to him. I've always had the thought that I would rather have a doctor who is brilliant with a poor bedside manner than a quack who has good bedside manner, but this doctor is so arrogant that he is a risk for putting patients in danger. If you read other reviews, you'll get a good understanding of some of those situations. His staff all look completely miserable to be there and no one smiles. It's supposed to be a happier time in people's lives and they make it depressing. I will never go back here again. After speaking with some of my colleges, I should have never gone in the first place.

February 6th, 2013
RN
I'm an RN, I have met many doctors with great bedside manner. However, This dr. wouldn't know the first thing about patient care. He has a hard time explaining without causing mothers anxiety. Difficult to stay with this doctor because of his demeanor. The staff at his office is usually pretty confused and running late. Overall, I would not recommend this physician.

July 26th, 2011
Rude, and disrespectful
I saw Dr Oki in the hospital after my water broke. I never saw him in his office. The first words out of his mouth was we should terminate. When we refused he told me my baby was going to die within 24 hours, if it lives to be born. He told me my child had a heart defect, and when the cardiologist informed him he was wrong, Dr Oki took his frustration out on me. I had to ask to never be in the same room with him alone his bedside manner was so bad. He never listened to my questions, and treated me like a child. Two years later and my child is a healthy child with NO heart defect.

June 3rd, 2011
Rude scheduler
Dr. Oki's secretary/scheduler named Cora is rude and unhelpful. This has been my second encounter with her and she is not someone who should be interacting with patients. I myself am a nurse and patient advocate, my husband a doctor in town. She was uncooperative with scheduling appointments and then told me to call my regular OB to be referred to someone else in town but would not give me the names of other perinatologists. I called her back to ask if I could be placed on a waiting list for cancellations and she said "We don't get any cancellations." She is disrespectful and has left a very negative impression of how this practice functions.

October 29th, 2009
The one thing that I liked about my visit with Oki was that he still was looking for an answer for my previoius problem. But his staff was very rude to me and his office was not very forthcoming with information about the "rules" of the office. I live 130+ miles out of town and sat in the waiting room for an hour over my appointment time and was only saw for 2 minutes. I was promised my family could come back one at a time to see the baby on the monitor and then after the tip all the way to Reno was told that they were not allowed.

October 19th, 2009
LACK OF KINDNESS AND RESPECT
I DO NOT DOUBT THAT HE MUST BE A GREAT DOCTOR, BY HIS CREDENTIALS THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. WHAT I HATED ABOUT HIS WAS HIS DEMEANOR, ARROGANCY AND LACK OF RESPECT FOR ME AS A PATIENT. I WENT WITH MY HUSBAND AND THIS DOCTOR TREATED ME LIKE A STUPID IGNORANT, HE DID NOT LISTEN NO ME PROPERLY, HE DISCOURAGED ME IN ALL SENSE TO HAVE MY BABY BECAUSE I HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, HE EVEN DIAGNOSED A DISEASE WITHOUT THE TESTS, I REJECTED HIS DIAGNOSIS AND ALL HE SAID IS THAT HE WAS HOPING THAT I WAS RIGHT. WELL THE TEST CAME RIGHT, MY IMPRESSION ABOUT HIM WAS COMPLETELY NEGATIVE AND I RATHER SEE ANY OTHER DR. THAN THIS ONE. MAY GOD PUT ME WITH ONE THAT SHOWS RESPECT AND KINDNESS FOR HIS PATIENTS AND SOMEONE THAT IS NOT SO ARROGANT.