Dr. Ernest Riley MD Patient Reviews

3.1

December 14th, 2015
Fantastic doctor---the best.
excellent doctor Dr. Riley Literlly saved my life. He spends as much time with me as needs to be spent. I have been seeing him for 7 years . Dr. Riley has operated on me 3 times and all were sucessful. He discovered that I had cancer when every other doctor i saw before him just gave me atibiotics and sent me home. I am alive today thanks to his thuroughness and surgery skills. the best doctor i have ever had and i have had alot of doctors.

May 4th, 2015
Great doctor

February 7th, 2015
Strange
Went to this facility for light-headedness. Wanted to schedule me for a Sinus Surgery when I've never had Sinus Infections in my life, and couldn't tell me the cause of dizziness. Just said my sinuses seemed "tight". Very condescending, even interrupted his staff when having discussion. He doesn't like to answer questions and seems very condescending. Doesn't really listen. Perhaps a good ENT, but my experience was poor.

December 31st, 2013
Strongly Suggest different Dr and Practice
Strongly Suggest NOT use Dr. Riley nor Practice. Recently had surgery from Dr. Earnest Riley, and after major complications/ pain, had to go to another reputable Practice. ( Prefer Private Practice ENT) Was made aware of technique used on me, is archaic and obsolete, plus causes non precise results and excessive bleeding. Oh look in Operative report " Excesstive Bleeding". Once on followup appt, after identifying still major infection , might need an IV antibiotic, I said let's do it. I don't have time , for I have surgery, come back next week, hello, I'm sick and here now! Nope off to surgery, guess that's more important, than my health , $$$, my decision was wise to not go back. Please look up reviews on Dr's. Don't just rely on referral from PCP( Primary Care Phycisian), cause they might only think of it as a business transaction, not in your best health, which I demand from my PCP. I've had over 9 operations 8 great, 1 horrendous ( I didn't research, relied on my PCP, Shame on me, finally I fired my PCP also.

December 26th, 2013
Beware...
I'll keep this brief...very disappointed with Dr. Riley. If you're into be talked down to during your entire visit then Dr. Riley is your guy. If you want Dr. Riley to refer you for surgery to a surgeon with an unbelievably questionable surgical history then he's your guy. I'll say again, can't put into words my full disappointment with Dr. Riley.

October 29th, 2013
Great experience
I have been a patient for over 2 and a half years struggling with acid reflux. Dr Riley explained that this is a serious matter and not something to brush off, like my PCP thought. We tried multiple medications and when I thought there was no hope he didn't give up. We finally found a medication that has worked and for the first time in years I have found relief. He truly is a caring doctor. I have recommended my friends and family to him and will continue to do so.

October 29th, 2013
Great doctor
Dr Riley was great in treating my symptoms and recommending the appropriate sinus surgery. He explained the possible side effects and down time and I actually felt wonderful the next day, no bruising or swelling. I have already recommended him and the ENT Institute to other friends and relatives. Everyone was so helpful and made the fact I needed surgery a less stressful situation.

October 3rd, 2013
Dr Riley adamantly recommended a bilateral canal wall down mastoidectomy for my 13 year old son. He said that,"mothers didnt like it because it could be messy". as a masters prepared Nurse Practitioner and mother of 2, this was the first time i have ever felt that a doctor was being dishonest with me. After researching the procedure it became clear that this procedure had lifelong reprocussions that were not made clear to me at our appointment. Something felt "wrong". We proceeded to see 2 additional ENT's, an Otologist and an Asthma/Allergy specialist for additional opinions. Not one of them agreed with this course of treatment and ALL of them were clearly shocked that it was suggested. They described this procedure as "antiquated", "barbaric", and a "treatment of last resort". Also, not one of them knew Dr Riley and all said that they didnt know anyone who did this procedure anymore unless all other attempts failed. We have chosen a less aggressive course of treatment with wonderful results. I feel compelled to warn any potential patients to be very wary of Dr Riley. We very nearly made a terrible decision for our child.

June 7th, 2013
Purely Awful. Avoid at all cost.
I never thought a doctor could be that bad. Not particularly nice, he convinced me that surgery on my nose was required, billed me, billed me again, billed me over again more than a year later... and my condition never improved. I received bills up to 2 years later. I just wished I had never seen him.

February 6th, 2012
Poor Billing Practices
Dr. Riley is okay but the practice he works for is horrible. They are only interested in money as the bottom line & not your well being. In my 45 years of existing, I have never been billed for my surgery follow-up visits; that has always been included in the surgery costs from the dr. And when asking for what costs upfront before surgery takes place, they don't bother to tell you that until you get your EOB. Time to find another ENT.

May 19th, 2009
Chop shop mentality.
He chops you up...and when you have questions, he answers before even letting you finish the question. You never feel that you are getting an accurate answer and you know you're only getting 1/4 of the necessary information. We got more information on surgery after care on the back of a box of a saline/nasal rinse. PATHETIC!