Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
4100 Fairway Dr
Ste 620
Carrollton, TX 75010
(972) 492-9901
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  GOOD Doctor  |  show details
by Jennifer Hall on Sep 26th, 2014

The first thing i notice is how clean her office was. while speaking with her i love that she took her time to explain to me about my thyroid. She went into great detail about my thyriod and she also pop quiz me to make sure that i understood about my thyriod. Now i understand my disease better and i am able to explain to someone else about what thyroid disease is and how it effect you. I have never had a Doctor to pop quiz me nor explain like she did, she also had pictures to show. I love this doctor.

by susan on Aug 2nd, 2014

great doctor. Impressed by her manners and time taken to address my diabetes. I would recommend her highly.

|  Best Endocronologist  |  show details
by Rebecca Dorrell on Apr 22nd, 2014

I was sent to Dr Obialo for my thyroid. Turned out to be cancer. Although the wait times are long, Dr Obialo spends the time necessary with each patient to ensure questions/concerns are answered. Dr Obialo was quick to get my medications right/scheduled surgery quickly and I got my results quickly. I went to another specialist when I lost my insurance and it took him forever to get my levels right. They are still not right. I am back with Dr Obialo and would definatley recommend her. Yes, wait time is no long but she is worth it... She saved my life

|  HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED NOT EVEN ONE STAR RATING!  |  show details
by DO THEY HAVE LESS THAN ONE STAR OPTION? on Feb 24th, 2014

DOCTOR NEVER OPEN ON TIME. RUDE STAFF AND HORRIBLE DOCTOR. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

Jan 6th, 2014

Worst doctor. Even worse bedside manner. Save yourself the time and money and go elsewhere.

|  Very Bad Experience  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2013

Our son was recently diagnosed with Type One diabetes, and spent two days at the hospital. Part of this stay was in ICU to to eleverated sugar level. We had the misfortune of scheduling an appointment for our son. The appointment was set up and it took more than 1 1/2 hours before we were taken to a very small room. Before going to the room, we asked the staff if it was ok for my wife as well as my self were presents and the answer was "yes". We spent another 45 minutes before an inexperience assistance took our son's blood pressure. The assistance was not certain on how to accurately place the manual blood pressure monitor. When Dr.Obialo made to the room her first comment was "I cannot have all of you in this room and one of you has to wait up front". Her tone of voice was not pleasant and did not introduce herself prior to expressing her concerns on the number of people in the room. My wife left the room and was extremely upset. I remained with my son, and expressed the my bad experience displeasure. At that time she indicated the way the meeting went will not be a good patnership between Dr and patient. I informed her of my concerns regarding my son and the need for insulin. She gave us two sample pens until able to schedule with another Endocrinologist. Although she was concerned enough to give us the insulin for our sons, she failed to recognize that the bad partnership was created by her and her team.

|  Potential Patient  |  show details
by Upset and Angry on Oct 28th, 2013

I scheduled an appointment using an online system called ZOCDOC. I have used this system successfully several times to schedule appointments with doctors who take their practice seriously and have professional staff who care about the patients. My appointment was at 1:15 (I am located about an hour away from the office). At 12:30 (as I am in route to the office) I get a call to tell me that they won't be able to see me at 1:15 today because they only see new patients on Monday and Saturday (It's Monday). The office staff was rude, as if I had inconvenienced them. I partially blame myself because no other endocrinologist in the area had opening anytime before thanksgiving, and her ratings on ZocDoc were low. I like to support African-American doctors because I am African American...but...my next appointment will be with a Caucasian or Asian. Call it what you want. Perhaps the doctor is a great doctor, I wouldn't know, I didn't get the chance to meet her...but that office staff needs to go. Hire some professional white people to run the front end.

|  Great! Great! Best!  |  show details
by Laura Greer Bakker on Sep 13th, 2013

First, the fact that she is an internist counts a whole lot. I believe that means she is in Internal Medicine, and they know a whole lot more. I was surprised she didn't rush me at all. (I always think I had better not ask any questions because they are in a hurry). I asked her to please stay, and not leave this particular clinic and she smiled and said "I will stay, because I love my work."

|  My miracle saver  |  show details
by Yvonne on Aug 26th, 2013

Dr Obialor is the best endocrinologist I know.Took my mother to her and was so impressed on her professionalism.My mother's diabetes was out of control before I met Dr Obialor and thanks to Dr Obilaor, my mother's diabetes is well managed now. I will recommend Dr Obialor anytime to anyone

|  Dr. Obialo seldom in office - PA & Office poor with Time Mgmt  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2013

Twice we waited for over 1 1/2 - 2 hours to see a very disorganized PA for 10 minutes (billed for 45 minutes). Dr. Obialo MAY be excellent but her office is left in the hands of those terribly disorganized and rushed to get to the next patient.

|  Very Good Doctor  |  show details
by Sarah Jennings on May 27th, 2013

Knowledgeable, listens and spends time to address my problems. Good supportive staff and beautiful office. Would recommend her anytime.

|  Awful doctor.  |  show details
by Shaun on Mar 9th, 2013

I had a thyroid scan done a couple months ago and it took over a month for her office to get back to me even though they told me that I needed the scan done immediately. Seems like they have no sense of urgency and professionalism. Awful experience and would not recommend anyone to her!

|  she saved my life..great doctor  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

very good in what she does..I was completely satisfied with her treatment..will recommend her in a heartbeat.

|  Mixed reviews  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

Dr. Obialo is a very pleasant Doctor and so is her nursing/reception staff. Some nursing staff members don't seem to fully know what they are doing half of the time (except Jennifer, I love her!) but they are polite. My concern is that she focuses more on patients with Diabetes and not so much on Thyroid patients. From the TV in the lobby to the pamphlets, to the posters in the exam rooms, they are all geared towards Diabetics. She is very "chart" oriented and NOT at all symptom oriented. I knew I went from Hyperthyroid to Hypothyroid before she did because my symptoms drastically changed before my "TSH levels" did! I visit a couple other Dr's because she refuses to treat my crazy SYMPTOMS and the other Dr's say "Oh this is Thyroid related" or "your thyroid Dr doesnt treat you for this?". Uh, NO! Only for the disorder itself; gotta get that TSH down...that's the only focus. I honestly wouldn't mind waiting the 1, 2, sometimes 3 hours that I've waited in the lobby to be seen if she could treat my complete Thyroid disorder including symptoms instead of just looking at those stupid numbers.

|  GOOD DOCTOR, PLEASANT  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

Had good experience with dr Obialo. My diabetes is now controlled. I have been to many doctors for my diabetes but dr obialo has stood out in my experiences. I appreciated her time in explaining things to me and my husband.Great staff too.

|  DO NOT GO TO DR OBIALO - VERY SLOW, SELF CENTERED  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

Do NOT go see Dr Obialo. She hires cheap worthless labor except for Jennifer. Office stinks and will wreak havoc on your allergies if you have any. Has enormous god complex and is extremely self centered. Wait time sucks - clear you whole calendar because you will be there well over an hour before she decides to grace you with her presence even if you are the only person in the office.

Dec 29th, 2010

dr obialo is among the best endocrinologist i have met. she is very caring, respectful, attentive, very knowledgeble and honest. i am so glad to have met dr obialor and i recommend her anytime. thank you so much dr obialor for everything.

|  I LIKE HER  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2010

GREAT VISIT.KNOWLEDGEABLE AND POLITE.

|  Great care  |  show details
by Linda J on Dec 28th, 2010

I liked my visit with Dr Elizabeth Obialo. Got my questions answered and prescription filled promptly. She was thorough and smart.Great staff too. My diabetes is now under control thanks to her.

|  I knew more than her  |  show details
by unhappy patient on Oct 14th, 2010

I can't trust a doctor who gets the symptoms of Hyper and Hypothyroidism backwards. It just showed me that she doesnt know what she is talking about. And then when I chose to go to another doctor they wanted to charge me a minimum of $25 to get a copy of my own medical records. Whats with that? Its a couple of prints that would cost $0.10 a piece at Kinkos. Give me a break.

|  Great Doctor..Dr Elizabeth Obialo  |  show details
May 21st, 2008

Very friendly and knowledgeable doctor. Spent a lot of time explaining my diabetes and thyroid problems. Staff was good too. I recommend this doctor.