Dr. Eben Strobos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 21st, 2015
colon surgery
I am old enough to realize that cancer is a death sentence. Or so I thought. When I met Eben Strobos he explained every possibility in great detail and reassured me that things would be fine. The surgery and recovery went exactly as he predicted.

May 5th, 2015
Retired
Dr . Strobos worked on my mother -law for colon surgery and I have never had a doctor care so much for a patient. He was away in the mountains and she had a problem in the hospital with her heart and he made a reverse in direction and came to the hospital to comfort her and help her through it. He was constantly keeping the family and her informed of his surgery and her heart condition. I was there at all hours of the night and so was he . Dr. Strobos went that extra mile to explain to me everything going on and this was at 11 at night when he had had surgeries in the early mornings because I had seen him there. I would recommend him and have to everyone I know from family to friends. This is what a doctor should be like and hope to have more like him in my future.

January 14th, 2014
I would urge you to look elsewhere
To this day I don't know why he did what he did. I underwent surgery with Dr. Strobos for an anal fissure. He was supposed to cut the sphincter muscle to allow the fissure to heal, the common surgical treatment for this problem. I knew when I awoke back in recovery less than 30 minutes after being wheeled into the OR that something had gone wrong. I was told by the nurse that he didn't cut the muscle, but she did not know why. He never came by to see me. I went home and was fine that day as I was completely numbed. The next day began the most unimaginable pain I have ever endured. I was told to expect the pain to be significant for the first week, and fully recovered after 2 weeks. Near the end of the first week when things were only getting worse, I called his office. When he returned my call, he said very nonchalantly, that he didn't know why I was in so much pain, he didn't do anything. Evidently that was exactly the point. The trauma of the surgery, instruments he must have used, etc., without cutting the muscle to allow room for the wound to heal caused unbearable pain. I endured this for 5 1/2 weeks before being able to get into another surgeon, who took one look at me, tried to do an exam that brought me to tears, and promptly scheduled me for emergency surgery the next morning. This surgeon found not only that the fissure most definitely required the muscle be cut in order to heal, but he also found an infected abscess filled with fluid, likely the cause of the immense pain. He indicated it appeared to have been there for quite some time. So Dr. Strobos missed that altogether. I am now on day 5 of my recovery from the second surgery, and still in an excruciating amount of pain. It is to be expected that I will now take longer to heal than typical, due to the trauma of the first surgery combined with the infected abscess. This is now day 40 for me of living with the most unimaginable pain, surviving on pain meds and valium. The added trauma and toll this has taken on my body and mind will take weeks, if not months to recover from. Just the amount of drugs I have had to take alone has caused such needless stress on my body. I am confident the second surgeon has given me my life back. I only wish Dr. Strobos had taken the time to do this surgery right the first time. I still do not know why he didn't do what we had agreed upon. And despite him knowing I was not doing well, I never received a follow up call, or was even asked to schedule a follow up office visit after the surgery. That is unheard of to me.

March 27th, 2012
Professional & Personable
Dr. Strobos saw my husband and I were very nervous. He took the time to explain how he was going to do the surgery and what direction treatment would be depending on what he would find. He lower our stress level and made us feel we were in good hands. Surgery has now been completed and he kepted us informed by phone as well as during our office visits. I highly recommend Dr. Strobos.