Dr. Ed Itawi, MD
Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
disappointed show details disappointed
by anonymous on Jun 7th, 2016

Does not explain things well at all and does not like to be questioned. Seems in a hurry to get you out the door. Personality overpowering and intimidating. No diagrams, no 3D models, nothing to explain what he's going to be doing in surgery.

Excellent experience with Dr. Itawi!! show details Excellent experience with Dr. Itawi!!
Jul 19th, 2015

Our experience with Dr. Itawi is that he is a kind and compassionate surgeon. He spent an immense amount of time explaining very complex medical conditions to our 85 year old uncle. He was very clear and tried to explain the surgery procedure very thoroughly; he was very concerned for our uncle's well being. He has called and checked on his progress every step of the way and returned to the hospital promptly when he was needed. He called us at home to clarify the procedures that we needed to follow. He has even called our uncle at the rehab facility to check on his progress. Dr. Itawi deserves the highest ratings in all areas.

Jan 13th, 2015

I had him perform several of my surgeries and all came out perfectly. My incision scars are beautiful. He took good care of me in recovery, and has great staff.

Would recommend all A show details Would recommend all A
by Steve on Aug 23rd, 2014

Dr. Ed Itawi is very thorough, professional, and able to relate to everyone. I went to him for a colonoscopy and if I ever have to seek help in this field again, it will be with him and his competent, caring staff. Four stars for sure, only because I can't leave five!

Amazing Physician show details Amazing Physician
Oct 26th, 2013

Amazing surgeon who's skill is only challenged by his personality. He saved my Mom's life.

Oct 25th, 2013

I am so grateful to have found him as my surgeon. Ed has excellent bedside manners, a great sense of humor, empathetic, punctual, and I believe he loves his job.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Anonymous on Feb 2nd, 2013 on doctor.com

My mom was admitted to Bronson Hospital recently in need of immediate surgery. We were fortunate that Dr. Itawi was her surgeon. Within 8 days, my ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
A very caring and thorough doctor show details A very caring and thorough doctor
Oct 1st, 2012

Dr. Itawi-He is your friend! A very excellent doctor who cares not only about your immediate ailment but also about you as a person. The skills that he brings to the table are top notch! I have never waited more than a few minutes to see him during an appointment, and he never allows you to leave until you completely have your questions answered.