Dr. Eddie Runde MD Patient Reviews

• Occupational Medicine Columbia, MO

2.5

July 7th, 2015
Just another person telling you to get a lawyer
I came to this doctor in pain from work injury. This was a follow-up from a injury of a few months ago that I would not have know that had progressed to this point . I asked to see a ortho doctor and He told me well you told me were better from the last appt .So he sent me back to work. He doesn't care if you are in pain just in it for the workers comp. He gives no choice .

February 12th, 2009
Dr. Runde spent more time with me than my family doctor does. He explains things in a way I can understand him.The other 2 reviewers seem to have seen a completely different doctor.
Doctor's Response

This is a frequent comment I personally get from patients. Although I only do occupational (work-related) injuries/illnesses, I have had several patients ask if I could be their primary doctor since I spend much more time with them than their doctor(s) spend. I routinely spend 15 minutes face-to-face with the patient on follow up visits and as long as an hour and a half for some first-time visits.

May 5th, 2008
Fraud
Do not trust this doctor, get a lawyer you will need one.
Doctor's Response

Sadly, it seems like everyone gets a work-comp lawyer. We get records requests from work-comp lawyers even when the patient has gotten 100% back to normal (pre-injury state). Again, those who disagree with my assessment (diagnoses) are the ones who say not to "trust" me (as noted in response to "Dean"). When a patient disagrees with me, I discuss it with them. Sometimes there are times where the evidence-based-medicine recommendation is less clear. At those times, the patient and I have been able to come up with reasonable alternatives to treatment.

April 17th, 2008
Workers Comp Doctor
I would not trust this so called doctor at all.
Doctor's Response

The only people I have had tell me they do not trust me are those who simply disagree with my medical opinion. Whenever someone disagrees with me, I go review the injury with the patient; then correlate that with anatomy/physiology (again, with the patient); and put it together with the latest evidence-based medicine recommendations. Sadly, some people believe what they want, even when confronted with credible evidence to the contrary. Those people, rather than admitting they are wrong, slander others.