Dr. Eddy Berges Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eddy Berges?

June 2nd, 2016

Superiority complex, dismissive, minimizes

Dr. Berges is the only choice for my insurance that is closest to me, so I will provide you a detailed experience. As you know, reviews are subjective, but I will try to provide additional details to portray my experience/perspective of him. My first visit went fairly normal, when you come into his office you go to the front, write your name down, and check in with the receptionist for your scheduled appointment. You are asked for your copay(variable based on insurance), and then once you sign and receive a copy of your receipt you wait until you are called. Mr. Berges greets you as you enter his office. I filled out the initial paperwork prior to sitting down with him and none of that information was discussed. It was strictly neurological issues. He did perform some physical checks on my knee cap and arm and leg. When he asked about what was wrong I explained my circumstances, looked up some relevant information from the hospital, and he decided to prescribe epilepsy medicine. My second visit is where you can understand the ways in which Dr. Berges dismisses, minimizes, and behaves in ways that one may describe as that of someone who believes they are superior to you. After I took my MRI and EEG I wrote down a series of questions about my medication, and made my second appointment, which did not happen until a month later. Perhaps doctors sometimes don't have the time to answer their patients' questions, and I can understand that if you must take priority over more important matters for your private practice, however these questions were given a month prior. When I first entered the office I mentioned that I did not take the medication, and he was somewhat upset. This is not something to be upset about, as a doctor he must know that there is nothing he can do to force the pills into my body outside of the boundaries of his office. When the questions were brought up, he asked in my best translation from Spanish to English "What are these questions of yours?" "What is this fear that you have?" I felt speechless and I asked about taking them for the rest of my life. In hindsight I can see how he understood that it was fear, but that was not an appropriate demeanor to express to a patient who is cautious about incorporating medicine into their routine for the rest of their life. He did not take the time to answer the questions one by one. I ended up asking a few of them just before I left the office with a "Yes, Sir", "Yes, Sir" one after the other. Before I left the office he said "Portese bien," which is a phrase commonly used in Spanish from adult to child, or the equivalent of "Be good," "Behave yourself." Dr. Berges can say to me that I am an adult, but he cannot say that he says those lasting words to all of his patients. When other reviewers say the he may be belligerent, unprofessional, insensitive, egotistical, or presumptuous, understand that these are probably ways of being treated that not everyone notices or considers a strong first impression, but they can be observed if your circumstances with this doctor cause him to feel like you're resisting his treatment. TLDR; Doctor did not answer questions after a month between appointment, told me to behave myself, felt somewhat offended by me not taking his prescribed medication.

April 28th, 2016

The very best.

Simply the best physician I have ever visited. He and his staff are prompt and courteous. This practice is the one for any patient who has, or suspects he or she has, a neurological ailment.

December 18th, 2015

HE LISTENED TO MY HUSBAND AND ACTUALLY DID MORE IN 1 HR THAN THE VA HAS DONE IN 15 YEARS!!!!! THANK YOU DR... YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!!

November 18th, 2015

Best specialist I have ever seen

October 16th, 2015

Dr. Berges was very brief in diagnosis on follow up visit. On first and second visits he spoke of my Primary Physician in negative ways. Very unprofessional. Seemed to be in a hurry on second visit. Would not recommend this Doctor as a Neurologist.

May 11th, 2013

Insensitive

My experience with this doctor was horrible. He was very negative about my issue and insensitive. He was unethical and made me cry when I left his office. He made me feel less and hopeless.

September 14th, 2012

Dr. Eddy Berges

Probably the worst first appointment experience i've ever had. The Dr. was curt short and spent what seemed like 5 minutes. All he did was hook me up to a machine and give me the results. I gave me no idea what i was supposed to do about my problem or what the problem even was.

August 7th, 2012

Pleased patient

After reading the other reviews, I was skeptical. I did wait about 25 minutes to see the doctor but when I went back it was directly to his office where he was waiting. He reviewed my test results and explained things very well to me. He asked several times if I had any additional questions. I saw none of the negatives things experienced by others reviewing Dr Berges.

January 23rd, 2012

WORST STAFF EVER AND HE DOESC HAVE AN EGO PROBLEM AVOID HIM LIKE AIDS !!!!!!!

August 29th, 2011

he rushes you in and out because he always come in late in the morning from the hospital which makes him late for his schedule appointments

April 12th, 2011

Superiority Complex

Granted this is a subjective review, but as a professional who works in the medical industry, I feel it is important to note his bedside manner to be very curt and dismissive. Going in, my hope was that Dr. Berges would be encouraged (if not willing) to "dig a little deeper" in diagnosing my condition and pursuing means to a healthy prognosis. Instead, before even reviewing my MRI scans, he sat behind his very large desk, held up the paperwork I had completed, and instructed me that I am "too young (35 yrs) to be on pain medication". I replied that I listed the medicine as among my prescribed medications, but that I took it rather infrequently & only when severe. He proceeded to tell me that he would not be prescribing me anything (never did I even make the request). After looking at my MRI scans and report, he essentially restated the report findings and said that he wanted me to see an updated MRI since mine was outdated (6 mos. prior). The date of the MRI was known before my appointment. Our consultation lasted no more than 10 minutes. To me, it was a $75 wasted co-pay. The good news: I got an updated set of scans, was seen by a much more compassionate Neurologist and am now optimistically pending a Micro Endoscopic Discectomy procedure. For what it is worth, this is the first poor review I have ever been compelled to follow through on submitting. Dr. Berges' presumptive and dismissive treatment of me was just that bad.

August 26th, 2010