Dr. Eddy Joelson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 17th, 2015
Exceptional Internist
I've used internists in three different states due to their high level of overall medical expertise and Dr. Joelson ranks amongst the best I've been fortunate enough to meet. Dr. J spends as much time as required, listens to his patients, and comes across as a highly intelligent competent physician. His practice is highly organized and all medical notes are captured electronically via laptop. His staff is responsive and caring. If I could emphasize one thing about Dr. J, it would be his thoroughness and medical aptitude. This is one bright physician. I would recommend Dr. Joelson to a friend or family member without any hesitation.

July 12th, 2014
Saved my life
I was not feeling well and went to him for an office visit. With minimal information, he correctly diagnosed that I had a life threatening illness and sent me to the hospital, saving my life. Great doctor!

February 6th, 2014
Unsure
Personable. Can get lazy or sloppy not always focused on work seems in a hurry to get out of the office. He can be good but you have to be a doctor for yourself and do part of the work you pay him to do, but he is willing to hear you out and listen to requests. Staff is miserable and rude. Doctor gives false apologies. They overbook him and he runs late.

April 22nd, 2012
If you don't mind waiting, Dr. Joelson is an exceptional dr. who is caring and nice. I believe the wait time, is so he can give individualized care to all his patients.

March 29th, 2012
Dr. Joelson doesn't forget you when you leave the office. He does his homework and follows up. Very impressive.

Dr. Joelson is great!
Dr. Joelson has been our family doctor for over five years and what a fantastic doctor he is!!! Both he and his nurse always provide outstanding care to each and every one of their patients. He is always caring, compassionate, attentive and above all dedicated to our health and medical needs. We are certainly glad that Dr. Joelson is our doctor.

March 29th, 2012
Overall an excellent doctor. Listens to and engages with patient.

March 27th, 2012
My doctor is great
I have recommended Dr. Joelson to family and friends because he is compassionate and caring. I have had a couple of difficult accidents the past few years and required extensive help. Dr. Joelson always has helped me navigate a complicated medical system and provided me with support. Thank you Dr. Joelson.

March 19th, 2012
An Engineer's Doctor
If you want a doctor that will take the time to answer all your questions and even show you detailed photos and web pages on any condition you make have or think you may have, then Dr. Joelson is your man. He leaves no rock unturned and applies every scientific method available to diagnose problems.

March 9th, 2012
First rate doc
Dr. Joelson sets the standard for medical care. Balances aggressive treatment with good common sense. Very compassionate and emphasizes patient comfort and well being.

March 5th, 2012
He's our "go-to" guy who's worth the wait
NOTE-We would follow him to another practice should he decide to move. Hint-I bring a list of my concerns and make sure that I cover all of them. He uses a laptop to enter information during each session and is able to send a prescription in to our pharmacy before he leaves the room. My family and I make a point of scheduling with him as we believe he is the most focused and caring physician in the system. He is usually late, only due to the fact that he will spend the time needed with every patient. He actually cares how you feel and would like you to be healthy.

February 22nd, 2012
Terrible office staff and horrible follow-up
I want to spare anyone else from choosing this doctor or his horrible staff -- my elderly mother was regrettably a patient of his for a few months. He went on vacation and wouldn't allow any other doctor to oversee his patients while he's gone, so we couldn't get a medication question answered. Then, one of his nurses didn't send in a prescription to CVS as promised. They were also very bad at returning phone calls or follow-up.