Dr. Edgar Borda MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 16th, 2012
does not listen !
Month after month, i explained about a particular symptom that may be at the root of the issue and each time he ignored or dismissed my concern. I am not a doctor, but I am not stupid and I know my body if he could only listen, but he cant so I am done with him!

January 27th, 2011
EXCELLENT DOCTOR-Diagnosed my parathyroid tumor that every other doctor I'd seen missed!!!
I just moved to the city from the suburbs this past August, and figured I should find a new internist here. I did a googled search, called Dr.Borda's office, and was able to get an appointment the next day! I am only twenty-five years old, but the past five years I have had all sorts of health issues that no doctor had been able to accurately get to the root of and diagnose. I was always extremely fatigued, achy, had frequent infections, headaches, nightsweats, dizziness, freqent fevers, weight loss, etc. Before all this, I had always been such an active, healthy person(I ran XC and track in college), so I knew in my gut something was wrong with me. My past doctors did all sorts of tests(lymph node biopsy, MS, lupus, etc.) and kept saying my bloodwork results were normal. After a awhile, doctors pretty much just ignored my concerns altogether. I'd pretty much given up on any doctor finding out the true problem. Even I myself began wondering if my symptoms were "all in my head."Well,thankfully, Dr.Borda was able to figure out the problem within only a few appointments. At my first appointment, he did bloodwork on me. He was concerned with my high calcium and protein levels in my blood. This is never normal. How had my past doctors missed this?? At my next visit, he did bloodwork yet again and found the same thing--and said he needed to test my parathyroid levels. Well, it was super high, which diagnosed me with hyperparathyroidism---which is typically caused by a tumor on one or more of the parathyroid glands. A CT scan confirmed the presence of a tumor on one of my parathyroid glands.And sure enough, this kind of tumor causes ALL the symptoms I had been telling other doctors for years I had been experiencing! I collected some of my past bloodwork from a few years ago when I had been seeing a different doctor. Sure enough, my calcium levels were high then, which should have been a sign to one of the many doctors I had seen that my parathyroid levels needed to be tested.Anyways, I am just so happy and grateful that someone--Dr.Borda was finally able to diagnose my hyperparathyroidism. I just had my surgery to remove the tumor eight days ago at Northwestern. It's amazing how much better I feel already---like my old self five years ago. I feel like I have my life back and a much healthier, brighter future now--all because Dr.Borda took the time that many doctors do not to know my medical history and thoroughly look over my blood results. I feel like I've written way too much!!! I never do these "rating" things online. But I just wanted to let others know what a great doctor Dr. Borda truly is. If you have been ignored my other doctors in the past regarding health concerns and want a doctor who always takes the time at every appointment to thoroughly monitor your health, then Dr.Borda is the doctor to go to! Once again, sorry for such a long post. I just wanted to share my story, hoping it may help someone else who may be going through a similar health situation. Thanks for reading! :)

October 7th, 2009
Dr. Edgar Borda is dedicated to patient care. Regardless of insurance or current monetary status, his main aim is diagnosing and treating your ailment as quickly and thoroughly as possible. He truly cares. I would recommend his services in a heartbeat.

August 11th, 2010