Dr. Edgar Cox MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

September 29th, 2012
Dr Cox quickly diagnosed my gout issue. I was in pain for over a month and after I left With my meds I was pain free in 24hrs. Also has reccomended a diet change and since then I am attack free. Good Doc.

July 6th, 2012
Urgent care
I saw this physician at the UMC Quick Clinic on Rainbow. I arrived having respitory problems identical to those exhibited when I come down with bronchitis every year. This doctor condescendingly shot me down and cut me off real quick on that thought. Instead, he pretended to listen to me explaining my heart condition (murmur, SVT, double pathway) and the medications I'm on to slow my heart rate. He then proceeded to tell me that my whole problem was obviously asthma ( a week of coughing, headaches, fevers, chills, body pain....uh no!) and told me he was giving me a breathing treatment of steam inhalation to open my bronchiall tubes. I agreed to prove him wrong. What he really did was administer the stimulant Albuterol (common to asthma patients) which should NEVER be given to someone with my condition unless the physician researches that specific cardio problem. I didn't know what had been done until my heart raced out of control and I started to shake. He told me it was completely normal and left it going for another session of dosage! After this, he did a few more tests, denied my request for an X-ray, and continuously cut me off. At this point, I had had enough. He wanted to give me another treatment of the drug AND prescribe it to me. I said no. The nurse and doctor were visibly upset about this. I then had to sign a consent form saying I refused the recommended prescription and he gave me another asthma med that is also a stimulant. Needless to say, these will not be getting filled. After 5 hours of urgent care, I feel wayyyy worse than I did when I went in. I'm still jittery. Don't waste your time with this one. Go straight to the ER where they will at least listen.

May 6th, 2011
Avoid
Did not check my symptoms resulting in my gallbladder being removed less than a month later. Subsequently refused Walgreen's refill request of Prilosec resulting in a weeks worth of pain. Seemed more interested in the Feds than me.