Dr. Edgar Fike IV MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 9th, 2016
Would NOT recommend
I would not choose this doctor again, but not necessarily because of Dr. Fike. Before my appointment I called all around town checking prices for an appointment. When I finally got the bill I was angry. The charge for a new patient was $333. When I had called checking prices it was $174. That's a lot to go up in the 5 weeks I had to wait for that appointment. Then after the exam and some xrays he recommended the knee be drained of excessive fluid (it was visually swollen) and then given a cortisone shot. When he gave me the shot to deaden before doing the draining the pain was so severe I was barely able to handle it. He waited a while before attempting to drain. When he started to drain I screamed out so loud because of the pain I begged him to stop immediately. He did. Total time attempting to drain was about 5 seconds. The bill for that part was $120. I called their office after receiving the bill to complain about being charged for a procedure that was NOT done. I was told to leave a voice mail for their RN and they would get back within 24 hours. They didn't. Called and left a message again the next week. Still no response back. This time the office person that answered said she believes if a procedure is recommended you are billed for it whether it was done or not. Really?? Called their customer service place in Texas. I was told they are only allowed to bill for a certain percentage because of their contract with BCBS but the charges are what they are. 1 month after the cortisone shot the pain was starting to come back. I cancelled the follow up because I was afraid of what new charges would be added. Guess I will have to live with it.

August 28th, 2015
Dr. Fike was arrogant, and he was not very nice - My first appointment, when he told me that the ONLY thing i could do was replace my knee, was devastating and I left there crying, but he didn't seem to care.

March 20th, 2017