Dr. Edgar Galloway III MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 30th, 2013
A very disappointing experience
Our experience with Dr. Galloway has been dreadful. Our daughter had chronic ear infections and tubes were the obvious answer. We asked if she should also have her adenoids removed at the same time. We were told, "no...let's see how she does." Two months later (and several thousand dollars later) the tubes were out. Dr. Galloway was then very happy to charge us again and take her adenoids out during a second surgery. We asked about her tonsils. "No...let's see how she does." Three months later (and several more thousand dollars later) the tubes were out again and we were told, "let's hope she doesn't get another ear infection." Yes. Let's hope so. Meanwhile, in the follow-up for the second surgery it was discovered that one of the tubes that had fallen out was simply sitting in my daughter's ear canal. Dr. Galloway took some tweezers and removed it. Less than 10 seconds. The charge to us for that "non-surgical procedure" was $281. Insurance knocked it down to just north of $150 and we were told to pay it. I complained and felt that it must have been an oversight. Billing told me it was a legit charge. I wrote to Dr. Galloway via certified mail, I was ignored. Billing stopped returning my calls. Finally, I told billing that I would take them to small claims court. The charge was then dropped immediately. So, was it an unethical charge to begin with? Obviously. Clearly, Dr. Galloway and his staff simply hoped that my insurance company would cough up or I would go away. It was only the mention of court that pushed them to drop this ridiculous charge ( which, again....came on the back of us paying more than $5,000 out of pocket for two surgeries neither of which were effective for more than three months.) At my most charitable, I would argue that Dr. Galloway is a poor administrator and surgeon. At my least charitable, I would suggest that he has been happy to use us as his ATM. We are not made of money. Since when were patient outcomes less important than profit? We will not be returning.

February 25th, 2009
Highly Recommend
I was diagnosed by my Dr. with an enlarged thyroid. After an ultrasound and fine needle biopsy, I was referred to Dr. Galloway. I had suspicious cells in the biopsy. Dr. Galloway explained that at least partial removal of my thyroid was the best solution. He removed 1/2 and did a quick frozen biopsy. It showed cancer so he removed the whole thyroid. I was very pleased with how he answered my questions before and after surgery. He actually put down his notes and looked me in the eye when answering my concerns. I really appreciated that. He was honest about risks. I was very pleased.

March 1st, 2016