Dr. Edgar Gerstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

March 3rd, 2014
Totally unprofessional and inconsiderate 'doctor'
This 'doctor' is totally unprofessional. I am sorry I did not read the reviews before. I informed his answering service the need to re-schedule my appointment because of personal emergency and he NEVER called to give me another appointment. He does not care about the patients and just cares about the $20 copay. As other comment stated, he does not listen although he writes everything you say. He is certainly mean and uncaring. Very unsuccessful treatment he prescribed to me as I am still battling with depression after 7 months of taking 3 different medicines. I suspected there was something wrong with the legal status of his career when he inadvertently mentioned being under investigation in the past. Poor people he sees at a nursing home in Queens. He rushes you and only cares about prescribing something to get you away quickly. The cigarette smell, dust and spiderwebs in his office should have been my first sign I went to the wrong 'doctor'. I am calling my insurance to formally notify them of the lack of professionalism of this person and hopefully he would be removed from the list of providers.

November 1st, 2011
He has no bedside manner ,is mean and uncaring. Further, he has a medical malpractice settlement on file and does not properly diagnose patients. I cannot believe he graduated from medical school. He does not listen to you ehen you talk and just writes down anything. He leaves you in his small, dingy office to smoke cigarettes and then openly lies.