Dr. Edgar Hernandez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 25th, 2016
2001 and 2014 procedures
Dr H performed my surgery in 2001 and another in 2014. He actually seemed to remember me from the 2001 surgery. I need to see him again this year and it gives me peace of mind knowing he will be my surgeon again. I feel very comfortable during all the procedures.

March 18th, 2016
Dr. Hernandez is one of a kind. His patient concern and ability to deliver results is beyond any other. I am a 3 year cancer free survived because of this man. Thank you Dr. Hernandez from my self and my family.

March 11th, 2016
Dr. Hernandez and his staff are excellent! His staff is very friendly and patient with you. Dr. Hernandez, has a wonderful bedside manner and is also very thorough, patient and caring. An excellent choice!

December 4th, 2015
Dr. was not helpful when I went in. I had an appt due to constantly experiencing clogged ducts when trying to quit breast feeding. He did not listen to my problems, and said there was nothing he can do for me and that this is the course women go through during breast feeding. I was mostly emotional because due to the pain I was unable to care for my newborn daughter, which he replied that I should hire help. He ended our appointment by walking out of the room because he claims I was not listening to his advice.

November 20th, 2015
Dr. Edgar Hernandez is one of the most highly skilled doctors I have ever consulted. He is highly concerned about his patients on an individual basis and his staff is trained to treat his patients in a respectful manner.

November 1st, 2015
Would NOT Recommend
If you want "warm and fuzzy"- this is not your surgeon. I was quite taken aback by his rudeness and abruptness. His bedside manner is non-existent. I also was not happy with the surgery - my breast looks butchered. Even when my oncologist referred me to him - she indicated that many patients complain of his bedside manner...I decided to go with her recommendation but wish I hadn't. There was nothing positive that came out of my experience. I would never recommend him as a breast surgeon. If even an oncologist realizes that patients complain all the time, what does that tell you? Learn from my experience and go to another breast surgeon - there are plenty of great surgeons in Arizona.

September 30th, 2015
Excellent surgeon!!! He performed my bilateral mastectomy and did a wonderful job!

July 14th, 2015
A thoroughly professional physician. I trust his diagnosis explicitly.

July 3rd, 2015
He is a very caring and knowledgeable doctor. I have been a patient for over 20 years.

March 28th, 2015
Dr, Edgar Hernandez ,make you feel so comfortable. He takes the fear you have away.you know he going to do what ever is possible to get you through. I am so lucky that he was my breast cancer surgeon Thank You . Dr, Edgar Hernandez

May 6th, 2014
Excisional breast biopsy
I switched doctors on recommendation of my midwife. I am so happy I did! Dr Hernandez immediately put my mind at ease regarding the massive breast lump and upcoming surgery. A few days after surgery the incision opened up (I was in a car accident and the seat belt hit the exact spot). I left a message at his call back service the next morning at 6am and he called back within minutes. I went in to see him and he assured me all was well. He has a great bedside manner and is always available for follow ups. I'll definitely recommend Dr Hernandez to anyone.

August 7th, 2013
WE LOVE DR HERNANDEZ
As an 18 year old female, finding out that I needed to have a breast lump removed was a terrifying thing. As soon as I sat down with Dr. Hernandez though, I could see that he genuinely cared about my well being. He assured me that this was something common, simple, and quick with an easy recovery.He explained to me what my condition was and his plan to fix it. He also took interest in my life and my schooling and my mothers schooling and hugged both of us at the end of the appointment. I left there feeling so much more reassured and confident about my situation than I was when I first walked into the office. As for my surgery he greeted me beforehand and squeezed my hand with reassurance and told me that everything was going to turn out okay. After my surgery, I wasn't in any pain at all and the nurses and staff took great care of me. It has been 4 months since this surgery and you can no longer see where the incision was. I have had 2 other surgeries after this one done by Dr. Hernandez and its all been the same type of loving, generous, caring experience. We love Dr. Hernandez! And part of me hopes I'll need another surgery just so I can visit with him again;)