Dr. Edith Mcfadden MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.8
  • 5 reviews

October 25th, 2014
Do NOT Waste Your Time With Her
When I saw "Dr." Mcfadden, I was 21 years old and 170 lbs. I'm a bodybuilding male of muscular build that had an 11% body fat percentage and went to see her regarding post-nasal drip. After an endoscopy, she proceeded to calculate my BMI before telling me I was obese and that was the problem that had ailed me for so many years. First of all, no expert worth their salt would use the BMI as an accurate diagnosis of weight, ESPECIALLY for a male, ESPECIALLY for a muscular male. After figuring out she was in fact serious, I had to begin to teach her about why the BMI should never be the sole corroborator of diagnosis for ANY male. She rolled her eyes, and instead replied, "Well you could still stand to lose a few pounds." I looked at her, puzzled, and then I looked at myself, and then back at her. It was clear I barely had any discernible fat on me. Very rude, very misinformed, and does not think outside of the box. It is a shame that we get such poor quality out of some of our doctors nowadays. I know people with bachelor's degrees that could more accurately diagnose me.....

April 15th, 2014
She's curt, but she gets the job done
I highly recommend Dr. McFadden, although I agree with quite a bit of what the negative reviews have said. She is a little blunt and a little cold. And she is quick to perform endoscopies without explaining the procedure or understanding that under many insurance plans they are very, very expensive. She needs to be more sensitive to that. Those quibbles aside, though, she is a top notch allergist. She takes a big picture approach to treating patients, so she will address underlying conditions that could be exacerbating allergies. She will make demands that you change your habits. Don't take offense to that; she's doing that to better treat your symptoms. I had seen several doctors about my severe allergies, and she was the only one that got me on a regime that worked. My allergies used to be so bad that I could hardly talk or breathe; I was in constant pain. Now I barely notice them. The difference is massive. That's why I'm giving her four stars: She gets results. I'm sure there are doctors that are more pleasant to spend time around, but I wasn't looking for another doctor to suggest easy treatments that didn't really do anything. She spoke hard truths. She made it clear feeling better requires some work and sacrifice, and she was right. It was worth it. I also found her staff to be very friendly, prompt and professional. Appointments were easy to set up, prescriptions were easy to refill, and I never felt she was setting me up for unnecessary followup appointments. Once I started feeling better, I stopped seeing her. Easy as that. Highly recommended.

February 13th, 2013
Horrible, Horrible, Horrible
My first appointment with Mcfadden was very long and detailed. She started by asking tons of questions, most very ridiculous and unrelated to what I was in for. She asked about my diet everything i ate etc. Like other reviewers said she did the unnecessary nasal endoscopy on me without telling me first that it was 611 dollars each time. The first visit accomplished nothing but her telling me i'm obese and need to work out and that was why I was dizzy etc. Next visit i had tests done (not by her) and was told she was going on vacation and i'd have to wait a whopping 3 weeks for an answer. In my opinion that is very unprofessional and rude as I was on leave from work and wanted to get a diagnosis promptly. Next appt I thought i was going in for my test results but nope she said she needed to do yet another hearing test on me which i already had done, but she didn't even do the test that day she just wanted to get more money out of me and performed that hideous endoscopy test on me again! The whole appointment took 10 minutes for absolutely nothing accomplished yet a 700 dollar bill. She could have called over the phone like a normal person and said lets schedule a hearing test not come in for me to tell you that. Next visit did the hearing test etc went home, can't believe i went back to her again one last time for her to order an MRI for me gave me the results and said i could POSSIBLY have two conditions but she didn't know which one. I was so beyond angry and frustrated with her, she shouldnt even be in practice. She's horribly rude and not kind at all she tries to be so intimidating and its just very unfortunate that people are being robbed by her and harassed. DO NOT SEE HER

July 31st, 2012
RN
Dr. McFadden has a poor and demeaning bedside manner. As a professional RN, I know how important it is to tailor patient teaching to what is realistic and appropriate for the patient's life and goals. Dr. McFadden teaches from the book and has no patience for discussion of how to apply concepts to life in the real world, which requires grace and balance. In an attempt to be thorough, Dr. McFadden pushes her practice into a role that is not appropriate. In addition, Dr. McFadden talked me into a procedure which I didn't fully understand and was later billed to me as a surgery (nasal endoscopy). Dr. McFadden did not have me sign a consent form for a surgical procedure. Furthermore, Dr. McFadden specifically instructed me to have my blood drawn at a lab which is not within our health care system. I work for the same system that she does, and obviously my insurance covers health care provided within that system. I received a bill for close to $2,000.00 for my blood work and was told afterward by the lab staff that I should have had my blood drawn within the same system that Dr. McFadden and I work for. I'd like to know why she put me in that position. When I returned to Dr. McFadden's office for a follow-up, she didn't fully address or answer my questions about whether I have an allergy to alcohol or yeast, which was my main concern, and she also pushed me to do yet another endoscopy procedure that I didn't need. She insisted that I have heartburn, and I have never felt the symptoms of heartburn in my life, nor did I ask for her help with it. She did a poor job of understanding my concerns, and I would never return to her. I strongly recommend finding another ENT.

May 17th, 2012
DO NOT RECOMMEND
Had a first visit with Dr. McFadden today. I will not be returning for another one. She claimed my allergies and asthma were because I am "morbidly obese" and the only solution is to lose weight. I understand that I'm not the most slim person I am certainly NOT morbidly obese. She performed a nasal scope with very minimal numbing medications and left me in so much pain I did not return to work after the appointment. She and the other person in her office were also very cold and rude to a small child who was with his mother. This is not a doctor with any type of professional bedside manner and I will not be seeking care from her again!