Dr. Edith Pilzer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

March 6th, 2016
She spends no time with my sick baby and has ordered the same tests twice. She said I have a funky looking kid ... She has no clue what's wrong with my sweet and beautiful son. I am trying to find another doctor. I wish I would have read these reviews a long time ago

June 18th, 2015
WHAT A JOKE
What a joke. We will never set foot in this office agian. Completely unprofessional! When "DR" Pilzer walked in the waiting room, we were not greeted, no "hello, NOTHING" and she immediately picked up her ringing cell phone.....and proceeded to stay on the phone for over 7 minutes!! Then when she finally got off the phone, she sat there and answered an email. SERIOUSLY? How rude and completely unprofessional. Still no introduction, he then started the conversation with "why are you here?"..... Well its nice to meet you too. NOT. Also, for a "professional DR", I would suggest wearing something a little more professional than a fancy swimsuit coverup. Literally. Take some pride in your office and dress like a doctor and not like you are going to the beach for Spring Break with your skirt up to your mid thigh. The whole office visit was a joke. Thankfully since then we have found another GI Specialist that DOESNT get on their phone when they walk in the door, KNOWS how to speak to their patients, DOESNT just suggest that a 10 year old stay on laxatives the rest of their life and DOES know how to dress appropriately. Thanks for waisting our time. You wont have to do it again.

May 2nd, 2014
Helped my Son Tremendously!
Dr. Pilzer has been wonderful. The first day we met her, she changed her schedule so my son could have his procedure as soon as possible and not miss camp. She spends a great amount of time with us at each appointment that we have had. I go with an entire list of questions and I never feel rushed. I don't understand why there are negative reviews because we have not seen any of what is being described. My son is in remission now and is back to being a normal active 12 year old.

January 6th, 2014
Nightmare
Please stay away from Dr. Pilzer. She will make a horrible situation worse. My nine year old is suffering from stomach pains. She is unavailable for questions . Her assistant Deanna is the most ignorant, uncaring, unprofessional person you will ever have to deal with. Getting through her to the Dr is like going through a guard dog. The Dr is no better, after tellinger her my child have made a turn for the worse and have been throwing up all day, her response, "I don't know what I can do for you.". These two have turned a horrible situation with my child into a nightmare.

August 31st, 2013
Horrible Experience
I took my son to this woman when he was an infant. I had a child born with severe disabilities and I was a young, brand new mom -- scared, excited and very proud of my sweet little boy. At the visit she told me my son was not a candidate for a GTube because he seemed to have reflux -- yet a tube down his nose was CAUSING the reflux and he had no ability to suck a bottle. Then she preceded to tell me that he was a "funny looking kid." I was mortified and cried all the way home. I had a Gtube put in my son by another doctor and he did wonderfully. I would never take a child to her. She has a horrible bedside manner and makes awful, hurtful comments to the parents.

May 18th, 2013
Why would ANYONE do this?
I went to this physician and was told I needed a simple surgery. I was sent home infected for three days, contracted blood poisoning and was put in a medical coma. After a year of recovery I developed complications, she just threw cheap worthless meds at me that did nothing. Since the years have passed, I have developed so many issues I am predominately disabled.

March 28th, 2012
I would never recommend a family member or a friend to doctor E. Pilzer again. Professionalism for me she got a zero, she doesn't have any patience to talk or explain anything to a patient. And some of his staff member they need schooling so they can learn or to talk to customers.

March 23rd, 2012
My son has been seen by this Dr 3 times in over 5 years. She was recommended to us because my son had severe stomach problems. We met with her one day and she scheduled and endoscopy test. Results showed many stomach ulcers. She put him on a new perscription. I took him home but he was unable to hold the medicine down. I called the office and her reponse was..."thats all I can do for him. I wont see him again unless he takes that medicine." We never went back for years our regular pediatrician has been over seeing his case. Over the past few months things started getting worse. The pains were more severe and he was missing alot of school. We were once again told to go back to see Dr Pilzner. She met with him one time and scheduled a routine of test at the Childrens Healthcare in Atlanta. The test result came back not good and her nurse called us and told us to contact the surgeon. We have made an appointment to see the surgeon but it will be several weeks before he can see us.Since the test were done that Dr Pilzner ordered my son has been in alot more pain and even developed new pains in his back. I called Dr Pilzner's office several times trying to get some answers and had to leave messages every time. It took the office 2 days to get back in touch with me. Guess what her response was? You guessed it..."there is nothing more I can do for him contact the surgeon maybe he can help you." If your looking for a Pediatric GI Dr I would not recommend this lady. She doesnt seem to care for her patients. She doesnt inform the parents of anything. Please dont use this lady there are other great Dr out there that you can use. I know I finally found one. Good luck to you all