Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)

2.0

terrible diagnosis show details terrible diagnosis
by Mr lopez on Mar 21st, 2015

she did not offer any help with my situation, she went on to tell me there was nothing she could do for my back pain yet another doctor I saw said that indeed there is a way to relieve my pain. stay away from this doctor, she is not very professional and should not be allowed to treat patients.

Don't recommend at all. show details Don't recommend at all.
by Shea on Mar 7th, 2015

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Rumbaut to anyone. I saw her twice for back pain I had following a car accident. In addition, I have 2 cysts in my lumbar spine from a previous incident that occurred about 2 years ago that I thought might be contributing to the pain on top of what the accident might have done. I saw her for my first initial visit in November 2014. She looked at my back a little bit, did some things with my legs to assess for pain and a couple of other small things. The diagnosis or what she told me was the source of my pain she explained very vaguely and she was incredibly unsympathetic and rude. Looking back, I don't think she even gave me a real diagnosis for my pain for the first visit. In addition, I didn't even mention an MRI, although I did want to get one as others had advised, but the first thing she said following examining my back was 'An MRI won't give us anything.'....like I had even asked about it in the first place. She does not answer questions well and treats you as though your pain or problems aren't of real concern. She saw me for maybe 5 minutes, and provided me with only one option for treatment which was physical therapy. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, considering that she is a doctor and is far more knowledgeable than I am concerning these matters. Anyways, she referred me to physical therapy and had me schedule an appointment to check back after a month of PT. I went ahead and did the PT 2-3 times a week as suggested and then returned for my follow up. Although my symptoms improved minimally, they were still present and I wanted to get more information regarding what was going on with my back and likely other options for treatment. She looked at it again and told me that my hips were misaligned. In addition, she basically told me (in her exact words and with a very stubborn, rude tone), "You will never be symptom free, you just need to continue physical therapy and watch your posture."....well no sh*t I need to watch my posture, who doesn't regardless of if you have back problems or not??. I don't want to be spending the time and money on PT for the rest of my life and the whole 'just watch your posture' I thought was a total joke. And what I thought was even more ridiculous was her telling me that I would never be symptom free, which I think is absolute BS. Anyways, after that last visit I felt that I left still borderline clueless given her rush of the appointment (saw her for maybe 5-7 min.), lack of discussion of any other possible treatments, as well as failing to really answer any of my questions. Since then, my pain has only gotten progressively worse. I refuse to go to PT because I am busy with graduate school and cannot afford to keep going. I still do some of the exercises I learned but still am experiencing pain. I just thought it was very hard to believe that I would never be symptom free for the rest of my life and that small exercises and watching my posture would really help. I feel that doctors (should) have a genuine motivation to help others, but this one absolutely does not. I think she could care less if your problems get better or worse. Overall, she is very rude, unsympathetic or caring of her patients, wants to get her patients in and out so she can see as many as possible ($$$$$), in general has no genuine motivation for actually helping and taking care of her patients, and likely hates her life and her job because she doesn't seem to give a rats a$$. I am normally not one to write reviews but I really felt the need to for her. Do not go to her if you want to get real help from a doctor who fully listens to your concerns, provides a detailed explanation of your diagnosis, and provides various treatment options. I am very disappointed and am becoming more concerned since my symptoms are worsening when I felt they could have been adequately treated or attended to months ago. I am currently looking for a new doctor and this time am actually be reading patient reviews because I now see how important they are if you don't want to waste your money and receive effective treatment. So basically...DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH DR. RUMBAUT, RUN FAR FAR AWAY AND DO YOUR RESEARCH FOR A GOOD ONE. I hope whoever/if anyone reads this takes my advise. Good luck to you all and your medical problems...oh yeah, and in case I didn't mention earlier, don't waste your time/money on this (profane word) of a doctor. ...at least the rest of the staff was nice.

Teacher show details Teacher
by Trina P on Dec 10th, 2013

Dr, is unfriendly and abrasive. Doesn't take the time to listen and order appropriate tests. Incorrect information in my file. Very disappointed eventually changed doctors, and I am very pleased.

Sep 21st, 2012

I AGREE WITH "FIND A DOCTOR WITH A BEATING HEART" & WHO WILL EXPLAIN YOUR DIAGNOSIS TO YOU. I'VE RELUCTANTLY HAD TO SEE HER A FEW TIMES AND IT SEEMS LIKE SHE HAS A PERSONALITY DISORDER. I TOO RATHER JUST SEE MY PRIMARY DOCTOR WHO IS MORE CARING & THOROUGH.

Oct 11th, 2011

find aperson who has a beating heart

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Jan 11th, 2011

She was very understanding and kind.

You can do better-keep looking show details You can do better-keep looking
Aug 24th, 2010

She is very cold and non caring. No bedside manner. I got a little teary during my initial visit explaining my problems & she treated me like an alien & said Why are you crying? You spend time filling out the visit questionnaire/pain scores & the short time frame from turning it in & her appearing along with the questions she begins with let you know she didnt read it. Explained current treatment/meds not working and she just tells me to take them again & call for refill. Thank God my primary had already given me a different med to try. Even though it makes me a little sleepy Im have to go with what he gave me. You can do better if you need a doctor so keep looking