Dr. Edmund Lawrence MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 18th, 2016
No problems with trust.
Had surgery on L5 around 23 years ago.. I am faceing a different problem and I have no issues . If I get anything done I go with experience/ that he has ! Experience is the keyword here.

July 1st, 2016
he did my back surgery l5 s1 great job !!

January 5th, 2016
Best Neurosurgeon I've ever or will have.
I had my head surgery last year and will be forever grateful to Dr. Lawerence and his staff. Though we butted heads in the beginning over certain things, I was able to suck it up and ignore his "different style bedside manner". I will not give you a bad rating for bedside manner. I dealt with other Neurosurgeons that had far worse attitudes. He TRULY is a life saver! I would never let another Neurosurgeon near me. If you have the head surgery I had just note, your recovery will be long and I got a lot of good information from his nurses during the long months. I feel wonderful now and so grateful I'm alive. Also his follow up appointment was funny..but okay I'll ignore that too. You do great things Dr Lawerence and so do your nurses!

November 19th, 2015
High marks for knowledge, surgical skill and years of experience. He doesn't try to impress the patient nor family with his bedside manners but he's very good in correcting cervical and lumbar fusions. I understand that he was one of the very first neurosurgeons in the region to utilize microsurgery to minimize incision size and after surgery healing.

August 14th, 2013
Daughters Back Surgery
My daughter was in pain for over a year. We went to dr Lawrence and he scheduled surgery. She was walking and no pain first day! He also operated on several family members of mine and they all have success stories! Great Job Doctor!!

February 16th, 2013
I had back surgery over 30yrs ago. I was paralyzed frm waist down on right side in extreme pain. At the time dr. Lawrence was only 40yrs old and his son Maximillon was 6yrs old. Dr. L examined me, took me into surgery and by that night I was on my feet taking steps without any pain. As far as I m concerned Dr. Lawrence is the best. I'm 69yrs old and haven't any problems or back pain since Dr. L. Operated on me some 30yrs ago. I would recommend Dr. L in a heart beat.

June 21st, 2011
PLIF L5-S1
Great surgeon. Did the fusion in 2003 and I have had no problems whatsoever since then.

January 6th, 2011
AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My experience with this doctor has been one of disappointment and regret. I had a surgery of the cervical spine. It has never been right since. I have since went to 3 other surgeons throughout the state and each doctor had serious concerns with what was done. The techiques and material used were antiquated and highly criticized by the surgeons. I am currently in Columbus,OH getting yet another opinion on having the surgery re-done. His bed-side manner is horrific and follow-up is a ridiculous 5 minutes. I expressed my concerns about the pain after the surgery but he would not listen to it and became defensive. Go to Detroit, Cleveland or Columbus if you have to but avoid this surgeon. My surgery was 2 years ago and I have been in severe pain ever since. I do not recommend this surgeon to anyone. I wish I had read a review on him before I had it done.

August 23rd, 2010
lower back op with hardwear
I had disc replacement in my lower back. he took disc out replaced it and put in a disc and a rod with 2 screws. after the opp i stated that i had increased leg pain. he said it would go away. it never did come to find out four mounts later one of the screws he put in hit or went though the nerve going down my leg. so now i have permanet nerve damage in my. and there is nothing he can do about it. he says it will get better but it has been about 2 years and hasnt changed any yet. i would not recomend him to ANY one.

September 30th, 2008
a little full of himself
i found the doctor to help with the problem with my son by placing a shunt in his head. However i have become increasingly frustrated with the explanation of symptoms my son has exhibited after the operation