Dr. Edmund Pribitkin, FACS
Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
Do not hesitate to see this doc (a rare find) show details Do not hesitate to see this doc (a rare find)
by Dr. Melissa Shelly Pektor on Jan 13th, 2016

I found Dr. Pribitkin on a recommendation from a doctor friend as I was looking for someone to repair my son's deviated septum and cosmetically fix the nose alignment. Initially reluctant to deal with a Philadelphia "machine" as was my experience a few years ago at CHOP, I took my son to see Dr. Pribitkin for our initial consultation and was glad I did. He was so kind, soft-spoken, seemingly honest and knowledgable. He gave me his email and was available for questions any time. We came back a few weeks later for the surgery. Everything went smoothly and Dr. Pribitkin went to great lengths to allay any of our pre-op concerns and endure further questioning by my husband and me. Surgery went smoothly and the hospital staff was the best I have ever experienced--completely attentive and caring. They took excellent care of my son. The surgery was a great success--my young man can breath clearly again. We had two follow ups (one with a colleague of the doctor as he was out of town and I was on a time constraint due to son's school schedule) and the last one with Dr. P. They were botyh great but I'd have to say Dr. Pribitkin had the most time and was so lovely and caring. My whole family is crazy about him ...especially my son, the patient. I would never hesitate to return to this hospital especially under the care of this stellar physician.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Diana C. on Jan 13th, 2016 on doctor.com

Soothing and non-threatening. Extremely helpful.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
by Paula W. on Jan 7th, 2016 on doctor.com

Excellent.

Great show details Great
by Kenneth V. on Dec 1st, 2015 on doctor.com

I been a patient of Dr. Pribitkin since 1996. Multiple surgeries and follow ups. I would never use another ENT other than Dr. Pribitkin.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Rachel D. on Oct 28th, 2015 on doctor.com

Dr. is attentive.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Coming for my tear duck problem show details Coming for my tear duck problem
by Anonymous on Oct 28th, 2015 on doctor.com

Very patient, professional and nice doctor. Highly recommend him.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
by D. Gracie on Oct 11th, 2015

I recently had a surgical procedure performed by Dr. Edmund Pribitkin. The whole process was very smooth and everyone was extremely professional. The wait time in the office was minimum, especially for a specialist. The office staff was very courteous. Dr. Pribitkin was very professional, knowledgeable and put my fears at ease. He spoke to you directly and in layman's terms. You never felt rushed. The night before my surgery he even called to see if I had any questions! I had the surgery performed at the Jefferson Outpatient Surgery Center and had a very good experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Pribitkin and the Jefferson Outpatient Surgery Center.

Dr. Pribitkin show details Dr. Pribitkin
by Felicita Soberal on Sep 12th, 2015

Dr. Pribitkin is kind, compassionate and very professional. Jefferson Hospital is lucky to have a Doctor like him.

by Kat on Sep 9th, 2015

I had an excellent experience choosing Dr. Pribitkin to perform my septorhinoplasty and turbinectomy. He is a very kind man who is also extremely talented at what he does. I can finally breath and love the way my nose looks. He was very thorough in explaining everything to me before and after the procedure and answering all my questions. He is an excellent doctor, I am very happy with my results.

Life saving surgery show details Life saving surgery
by Thomas Gates on Aug 16th, 2015

By the time I got to Jefferson I was in deep trouble. I had been to two other hospitals down the shore with a ruptured artery in my head and both had been unable to stop the bleeding. Dr. Trot, Dr. Pribitkin and his staff were swift and professional at performing a successful surgery saving my life. They are A1 with me. Would highly recommend Jefferson and their fine Doctors for health care.

Feb 28th, 2015

Excellent Doctor-he called me himself the night before my surgery.

Parathyroid/Thyroid Surg show details Parathyroid/Thyroid Surg
by jackie bilder on Jan 20th, 2015

I really liked Dr Prit... but sadly disappointed in him.. I trusted him and the thyroid went ok.. but the parathyroid needs a resection and ive been pushed around since the testing that showed my calcium is high and other levels etc... I'm in so much bone pain and he send me to his endo.. which shoved me back to him.. and he sent me back to prit... so no one cares.. while I suffer.. I had to go somewhere else.. while I wait for another parathyroid surg... more testing.. more pain.. etc... I'm Shocked...as I trusted him and liked him.

Jan 20th, 2015

Dr. Pribitkin went out of his way to ensure I understood the diagnosis, procedure and recovery. He was professional, took his time to explain and was easy to talk to. His colleagues and staff were very responsive also.

Dec 23rd, 2014

Dr. Pribitkin truly is wonderful, in every sense of the word.

The best doctor!!!! show details The best doctor!!!!
by Michele Anderson on Dec 14th, 2014

Professional, excellent, patient

Wonderful experience show details Wonderful experience
by Cora S. on Oct 25th, 2013

Dr. P. Is the most compassionate doctor I have ever met! The staff was wonderful also. He remembered all of my concerns and all were properly addressed the day of surgery. The wait time for each visit was less than 15 minutes. My surgery was set up quickly and his office handled insurance red tape as well. I was very happy when he called me the night before surgery because I did have a question which as it turned out he had already addressed! Highly recommend him if you are having parathyroid surgery!

Revision Rhinoplasty with EXCEPTIONAL Results show details Revision Rhinoplasty with EXCEPTIONAL Results
by Joe on Apr 10th, 2013

Dr. Pribitkin is easily the most talented, kindest, and most professional physician I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I had undergone a septoplasty and rhinoplasty by a different surgeon to correct a broken nose several years before going to Dr. Pribitkin. After my first surgery I was very unhappy with the aesthetic result and my breathing was significantly worsened. After talking over revision surgery with Dr. P, he was confident that he could address all of the problems I was facing, aesthetically and functionally. I'm just over one week out after my surgery and the results have far exceeded my expectations. He corrected my breathing, allowing me to sleep much better, my throat no longer drys out when I'm asleep, and I no longer wake up swollen in the morning. Aesthetically he has created an truly PERFECT nose (and I'm a perfectionist) that looks completely NATURAL, it's better than the most ideal nose I could have imagined on my face prior to the surgery. Revision rhinoplasties are incredibly challenging, especially mine since I had broken my nose first. Dr. P not only fixed every problem I had with my nose, but went above and beyond. In my follow-up appointment, he explained exactly how he addressed every problem I had and was just as happy as I was to see that it had turned out so great. To say I am happy with choosing him as my surgeon is an understatement, I don't have the words to describe how highly I think of this Dr. and how pleased I am with my results and my treatment. Going through with this was very stressful since my first experience with another doctor was so disappointing, but Dr. P helped guide me through it every step of the way. I would highly recommend him to anybody considering any sinus surgery, he's simply a genius!

Compassionate and assured show details Compassionate and assured
by Linda Dellapia on Mar 28th, 2013

What a pleasure to deal with a Dr who is kind and gentle with the knowledge and know how!! About time!!!

Excellence in Care show details Excellence in Care
by Amy S. on Mar 19th, 2013

I went to Dr. Pribitkin several years ago for sinus surgery and was very pleased with the experience. He explained the risks of the surgery and was very professional when giving the diagnosis. I found that my recovery was smooth and had very little pain.

Ridiculous Wait Time show details Ridiculous Wait Time
Feb 1st, 2013

I had my first (and last) appointment with Dr Pribitkin this morning. The appointment was scheduled for 8:20AM, and I arrived 5 minutes early. I was not seen by the doctor until after 10:20AM. I understand that doctors often run behind, but I can't imagine how he could possibly be 2 hours behind when I was most likely one of his first patients of the day. He seemed like a perfectly nice guy and doctor, but only spent about 5 minutes with me after making me wait for 2 hours. I find this completely unacceptable.

Great Doctor, But Hated the Nurses! show details Great Doctor, But Hated the Nurses!
Jan 31st, 2013

Dr. Pribitkin is an excellent surgeon and very nice and caring. But, I did not like the fact that his nurses called me back if I had a problem. One of them actually said to me that Dr. Pribitkin wouldn't know the answer to my question. How dare she assume that! I also had to wait 3 hours for a call from the nurse. I would rather have waited to talk to Dr. P.

Sep 4th, 2012

Dr. Pribitkin made sure he explained to me the details of the surgery. He was very professional. He didn't push me for having the surgery done. He warned me about the risks. This review is based on a consultation for a septal perforation. I'd highly recommend Dr. Pribitkin.

Excellent, caring, experienced doctor show details Excellent, caring, experienced doctor
Aug 6th, 2012

Dr. Pribitkin is an excellent doctor. He is one of the top doctors in Jefferson and extremely nice and caring person. My wife had surgery done by Dr. Pribitkin. He called the day before the surgery to ensure everything ok with us. I was so surprised by his professionalism. Also his nurses, they are always available when I need them to answer my questions. We feel grateful to choose Dr. Pribitkin. Thank you.

The Best Doctor & a Wonderful Person show details The Best Doctor & a Wonderful Person
Aug 12th, 2011

Dr. Pribitkin is the embodiment of what a physician and surgeon should be. He is bright, has superb clinical, diagnostic and surgical skills and is a very accomplished person academically. All that is combined with a wonderful empathic, gentle, kind, soft-spoken, patient, understanding, and compassionate personality and soul. There are not too many doctors like him in this world. I had sinus surgery with him a few days ago, but he diagnosed my problem in one visit after a complete examination and looking at the CT scans. The surgery only confirmed his diagnosis. I had the minimal discomfort and can't tell enough about how pleased I am and feel that I will be back to 100% in a few days after months of suffering and anxiety. He was supportive throughout the process from setting the appointment to phone call the night before surgery, to visit just before the operation and to feedback after the surgery. Jefferson ENT department should feel blessed to have him as a Professor and surgeon there. God bless his soul.

Oct 22nd, 2010

I would absolutely recommend this doctor!Not only is he brilliant surgeon but he has the best bedside manner!Dr. Pritbikin genuinely cares about his patients & is truly a kind soul!I experienced very little discomfort, was very,very satisfied with the results & could not have been happier.A Great a doctor!

gave me my nose back show details gave me my nose back
by Foxyhound on Oct 2nd, 2010

I had broke my nose as a child and in 2004 had another doctor attempt to fix it with horrible results. I came to Dr. pribitkin in hopes that he would beable to help me breathe better and fix the deviation and pug nose tip appearence. Let me just tell you that he did all that and than some. His skill is amazing and I recommend him to anyone, he gave me my nose back!

Jun 13th, 2010

You'll never find another Dr. like him, anywhere. He genuinely cares about the human spirit and about making your experience as anxiety free as possible. I hope Jefferson realizes what they have in him.

Sep 11th, 2009

I've never seen a specialist before, and I figured if I had to wait up to an hour to see a family physician--it would take hours to see a specialist. Turns out I was called in before I'd even had a chance to finish filling out my medical history! Dr. Pribitkin was professional, courteous, empathetic and gentle and the staff was great. What a pleasant surprise.

Rare to find a Dr. Like this caring man ! show details Rare to find a Dr. Like this caring man !
by Dolores McGann on May 24th, 2008

I had the occassion to be treated by Dr. Pribitkin,a few years -- he is one of a kind ! ! He is caring , He Listens --actually listens to you ! And his experience and surgical skills are Brilliant ! !