Dr. Edmundo Centena Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 24th, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Centena for over 10 years. I fly from Florida every 6 months to see him because I trust & believe in him. Having a serious illness, Dr. Centena is an important part of my medical plan.

July 7th, 2011

Unfriendly staff, rushed visit with doctor.

I've been a patient of Dr. Centena at his Dewey Avenue office for a couple years now. The staff has always been unfriendly and uncaring, sometimes they would even talk down to me and be rude about requests for prescription refills. During the actual doctor visit, Centena rushes through the appointment without giving me more than 10 minutes of his time usually.

July 2nd, 2010

Expect to wait 20 minutes for your $300, 5 minute appointment

For my needs, I would rate Dr. Centena as an average physician. I came in to meet with him pretty much previously diagnosed, so it wasn't really tough for him to write the new script for the meds I was already taking. Any follow up appointments I've made in the last 2 years are rescheduled from his end about 20% of the time, and it takes another month to get in to see him. The most frustrating thing about him is that he is ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL 20-30 minutes late for appointments first thing in the morning. As I'm taking off work to make these visits, I find that disrespect of my time incredibly gauche, especially because he gets away with regularly charging my insurance company nearly $300 for the FIVE MINUTES he actually spends with me when I'm there. Office staff is adequate, don't be surprised when they feel justified in having cancelled an appointment of yours after leaving a voicemail and trying to reach you ONE TIME. Do yourself a favor and find a better doctor and a better company to spend your money on!

May 24th, 2017