Dr. Edred Shen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

April 20th, 2016
Scotch Plains N.J. date of apt. April 21, 2016
First, of all there were not one patient, in his office. I said, this is strange. Then , instead of a receptionsist to take my insurance he was also running of the copying of my insurance, that was the second thing that was strange I thought. So, I just waited 5 min. to go in for my apt. cause two people were coming out of the of the examination room that was the third strangest thing. The girl that took my weight and blood pressure , she was very nice to me. and within 2 minutes, this is the fourth strangest thing, Dr. Shen walked in!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! Watch out, I didn't know what to do! Sit there or run out! And I did do that I did run OUT! And you would be smart, if you do too!! Do not let this Doctor, Get away with his Belligerent terrible hospitacable ways of talking to you. When, he snapped- Thats the way he talks to you, I said to him "Are you on drugs or something" He didn't answer me. He was constanley asking me why I was there. He was still being belligerent towards me. I said this is my last visit, It was my first visit and my last.... let me tell you something there is something terribly wrong with this individual. he needs help, and a slow down pill and a chill pill along with that too. I know I didn't do anything wrong but to run out of his office. Believe, me I think you will tatoo. He has no respect, mannerism, or human being feelings for you I give Dr.Shen no stars for him, and for the staff I feel sorry for them, The Staff is getting abused, I heard what and how he talked to the worker it was horrible and not human

June 27th, 2014
Beware of this doctor
This doctor appears very nice but is capable of gross insensitivity and arrogance. He shouldn't be treating elderly patients as he has a limited understanding of how to communicate with people with hearing impairments and difficulty processing information. He is not open to consulations with other doctors, becomes quickly defensive and generally will not listen to anyone if he thinks he's right.

May 9th, 2012
Not Recommended!
Dr. Shen was experienced as a hospitalist. His diagnosis along with a discharge instruction were inaccurate. Upon first examination he stated when discharge would be and was not open to consultation with another physician. Our experience was UNACCEPTABLE! He is NOT RECOMMENDED!