A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. J Pontes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. J Pontes is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Pontes
Urge Incontinence Patient Education Urinary incontinence patient education guide covers all aspects concerning overactive bladder diagnosis and treatment options.Before Visiting Dr. Pontes Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. J Pontes, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Bladder Removal (Cystectomy)
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Germ Cell Cancer (Germ Cell and Embryonal Neoplasm)
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Ovarian Cancer (Dysgerminoma)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Ureteral Obstruction
- Urethral Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Pontes graduated from Universidade Federal Do Ceara, Fortaleza. He has 12 awards.
Dr. Pontes has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. J Edson Pontes MD is a male Urologist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Urology.
- Where does Dr. J E. Pontes practice?
- Dr. J Pontes has 5 office locations.
Dr. J Pontes practices Urology near Farmington Hills, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Rochester, MI and Birmingham, MI.