A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. J Pontes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. J Pontes is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. J Pontes, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Bladder Removal (Cystectomy)
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Germ Cell Cancer (Germ Cell and Embryonal Neoplasm)
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Ovarian Cancer (Dysgerminoma)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Ureteral Obstruction
- Urethral Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Pontes graduated from Universidade Federal Do Ceara, Fortaleza. He has 9 awards.
Dr. Pontes has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pontes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 27 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. J E. Pontes practice?
Dr. J Pontes practices Urology near Detroit, MI.
See Detroit Urologists.