Dr. Eduardo Sanchez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

December 30th, 2015
He is an expert and very companionate. I ought to know I have seen him for 6 years and he has done wonders for me. I have a very demanding professional job and would have had insurmountable problems without him. He has me 100% stable and effective. No doubt that Carmen can be a little strict (see reviews) but she keeps the office running smoothly and efficiently for him and also for the patient. She always follows up on everything. She has never missed for me. Also, because he takes difficult patients, Carmen must have an assertive attitude to deal with them. He is not a pill pusher. He carefully evaluates the patient and then prescribes the medication. It is not an exact science. He told me "Each patient responds differently and has different needs. Even for the same condition" He will move the medication around until he gets it right. It can take some time until everything is almost perfect or it can be right the first try. He works both with the family and the patient. My advice is to work as a team, the patient and someone reliable. My team is me, my wife, and daughter. It has worked. I think the key is to provide him as accurate information as possible. Sit down and discuss it before the appointment then write down what is important.. He will tell you the type of details that he needs to know about the patient such as details of behavior over weeks after he puts someone on medication. Another key is to take notes. He will provide the paitent/counsler information. Write it down so you can refer to it later. He will state things that are very important to monitor and think about. Also, in the beginning and at any time of crisis, schedule follow ups closer than he suggest if you think you need it. He can help you. However, if you condition is very severe he may not have the time to meet with you repeatedly over a short/medium time frame. That does not reflect on his skills but just that you might need a Doctor that can provide a greater number of short term one on one sessions.

October 29th, 2015
Run..... Run Fast please
If you love someone do not take them here. typical mental health pill pusher with no concern for the outcome. he changed my daughter's medication and when she became suicidal due to a side affect they refused to see her and suggested that I let her get involuntary commited by the community to be housed with homeless and indigents. this is a horrible horrible practice.

July 16th, 2015
RUDE Staff
Dr. Sanchez is a dear, however, his staff does not do him justice. Carmen at the front desk is the most unprofessional, rude person that I have ever had the misfortune of doing business with. Her tone is always condescending and she is mean spirited and vindictive. Carmen told me that people who are too lazy to keep track of their medicine refills deserved to be forced to wait for an appointment. She stated that they needed to be taught a lesson! Well, I learned my lesson. I told Dr. Sanchez that Carmen is rude and mean to his patients and he did not believe me.....I now have a new doctor. My new doctor's office staff understand that people who need a psychiatrist might also have issues that could cause them to run out of their medicine because they didn't realize that they were down to their last refill. They are also compassionate and empathetic enough to show kindness to patients who may already be at the end of their rope. (I am personally of the opinion that Carmen is still angry about that house falling on her sister. )

March 11th, 2015
Bitter Staff, Doctor Unresponsive
Worst Doctor in 10years. Writes prescriptions, does NOT listen. Won't complete insurance preauthorizations correctly. Staff-is-RUDE.

December 15th, 2014
rudness all around
Dr. Sanchez ok... but his staff especialy Carmen very rude,no manners,doesnt knw how to treat people at all. If she was working for me long time ago she was out of my office, no need people like that to work with patients whos got mental problem.. no recomendation at all..

December 15th, 2013
Coward
Rejected treating his own patient because he feared he might be sued in the event of a suicide.