Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrist
Video profile
825 NE 10th St
Suite Oupb5200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  A modern Dr. Mengele  |  show details
May 13th, 2013

I was admitted to a hospital with meningitis where he was my doctor.He brought his team of medical students with him and let themgive me lumbar punctures. I was hospitalized 9 days with a total of 11 lumbar punctures. He was very kind to your face but clearly only cared about teaching his students and not the well being of the patient. The last lumbar puncture I received was at his hands in which I lost all function in my legs for several hours due to him. My right leg still singles and is numb to the touch after 2 years.

|  It's worth the wait! He is AWESOME!!!!!!!  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

Amazing, Compassionate, Incredible, Smart, Intelligent, Stupendous, Fantastic, Unbelievable, Listens, Not in a hurry, Kind, Considerate, Caring!Need i say more! Funny how we had to wait 45 min. in the waiting room! (somethime you have to wait for the best things in life) It was the best wait we ever had! Well worth our time! He spend two hours with my mother! We are so lucky to have found this great doctor!

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2010

I went in for a diagnosis of neuropathy, and Dr. De Sousa finally gave me the help I was looking for. He spent a lot of time with me, and had a prompt follow up. First doctor that gives me some answers.

|  A doctor who cares  |  show details
by Karen E. Quinones Miller on Apr 27th, 2010

I met Dr. De sousa when I went to the emergency room at Thomas Jefferson Hospital complaining about numbness in the lower half of my body, loss of vision, and other symptoms auto immune disease. Although I explained to the emergency room doctors that I had seen a neurologist who I might either have multiple sclerosis or, more likely, nueromyletis optica, and I was told to go to an emergency room if the symptoms worsened, most of the doctors wanted to just treat me for a headache and send me home. Luckily, Dr. De sousa was just coming on duty, and after examining me he hurriedly admitted me into the hospital and put me on a massive dose of steroids. This after spending almost 17 hours in the emergency room trying to get someone to take me seriously. After three days on steroids, my symptoms immediately began to lessen, and I'm now able to walk instead of stumble around. He also arranged follow up appointments for me, and home visits by an occupational therapist and physical therapist to help me regain further physical strength while awaiting a final diagnosis, which I now understand may take months. But at least, thanks to Dr. De sousa, those months will be comfortable and productive. This is a doctor who cares, and we need more like him.