Surgeon, Colon & Rectal Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  RN  |  show details
by Surgical patient on Apr 11th, 2014

This man ruined my life. Told me I was very ill, needed emergency surgery, then made me wait a week. Totally botched my surgery, I vomited every day for two years until another surgeon fixed what he messed up. His nurse was rude and not knowledgable . He couldn't care less about me post operatively. He caused me so much pain and suffering. Do not put your life in his hands,

Mar 20th, 2012

This office seems only interested in collecting your copay and billing your insurance for an office visit. Expect a long wait as they schedule many patients for the exact same time. Getting the doctor to spend time on the issue at hand was difficult. I left this office feeling insulted.

May 31st, 2011

He did a great job with my surgery,He listens and he take care of you. I will recommend him anytime even though the follow up was weak

|  A Good Doctor  |  show details
May 13th, 2011

To be honest this is a very good doctor he to a operation on me because i have diverticulaires i but my live in this hands i recommend this doctor if you have a problem like i have is best he know a lot he explain to me everything and take me step by step i recommend we my eyes close trust me

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by KMH on Mar 18th, 2011

Had an ileostomy reversal...If I had to do it again, I would pick him. He was amazing and my results are great.

Jan 20th, 2011

This doctor is a miracle worker. No one locally was able to repair a previously botched hernia operation so I traveled nearly 200 miles to be his patient. When I went to him, I had a grossly disfigured stomach with multiple scars. When he completed his surgery, I was delighted to see only one neat and tidy scar! When I had an emergency during my recovery at home, I called their office and was put through to a doctor and was seen in their office the next day. I believe Dr. Parra-Davila's poor ratings may be based on his reserved personality. After my first visit, I told my boyfriend that I wasn't sure I felt comfortable with him, to which my boyfriend replied that I was not using him for his personality but for his surgical skills. That certainly put everything in perspective. I would highly recommend him to all my friends and family.

|  Best Ever!  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

He is clear and explains everything so I can understand. I would recommend him to my mother, father, or anyone who needs an excellent surgeon!

Jan 7th, 2011

Dr Parra Davila had a poor bedside manner. He only came once a week maybe. Had me return to the hospital once and knew he was leaving out of the country for a conference and would not be able to see me for a week. I lived 3 hours away and was in sever pain. Was sent home unable to eat or stop retching. When I would ask a question he would shush me and would sneak out of the room to avoid answering questions. Altered the medical report to suggest failures were my fault. when I became ill and was too far away to drive to him, he forbid any other doctor to treat me or even make me comfortable. I felt like his lab rat.I am 100% worst than when I went in. I am deformed and can barely function. A life with my Grandchildren is a past dream.

Jul 16th, 2010

My mother is a patient of this surgeon and I have to say he's awful. He saw her in the hospital, made it sound like the surgery she needed was a dire emergency yet he let it wait for close to a week. On the day of the surgery he came out afterwards to talk to my father and I about the surgery. He looked at my father the entire time he was talking, did not introduce himself to me but held out his hand for me to shake. He's horrible with patients and their families. He used a medical term my father didn't know and when he asked for clarification he used the very term to define what he meant. My mother went back for her follow up and is still experiencing the same symptoms she had before the surgery and he showed no concern. He has a horrible bedside manner, he's a slob, and I don't trust him. I didn't trust him before my mother's surgery and since her health problems seem to still be there I trust him less.

by L.A. Weimer, St. Cloud ,F. on May 26th, 2010

He was very considerate. Found sometihng 'he didn't like. conferred with another doctor THAT NIGHT to have area tatooed. I was cancer in my SMALL intestine, he sais pretty rare as did the onocologist he sent me to. I beleive he saved mey live: which means he save my children and family from much sorrow. I think the world of him and all of his staff.

by Ed Bechirian on May 17th, 2010

Fantastic!!! Great Guy

|  surgical patient 2004  |  show details
by patient 10 2004 on Mar 30th, 2009

Dr Parra did an outstanding job for me. I had a small bowel resection, and he was able to do the procedure laproscopically - which was noted as extremely difficult.I would travel to Orlando for him if I ever need another resection.

|  Not good at all...  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2008

I recommend to you get 2nd opinion. He is not clear answering question or bring all information patient need. He is rude and unprofessional.