Surgeons
Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Cntr
Medical Center Blvd
Winston-Salem, NC
336-716-0545
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Surgery  |  show details
by Teresa Godfrey on Apr 9th, 2013

Dr. Levine is an exceptional Dr. He saved my life! He done my surgery on November 11, 2010. I am still doing great, I still thank the Lord for using Dr. Levine to perform a miracle. I recommend Dr. Levine 100%.

|  Arrogant and sloppy  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2012

My mother is the patient. As far as the hospital and staff they are nice and wonderful; kind of sloppy with the appointments however, and as far as the doctor poor bedside manner per my mother who works in direct patient care. My mother was diagnosed with cancer a week ago; this doctor did not detail the information providing a vague diagnosis of cancer in her lymph node I told my mother to request a specific Dx or ask that he be more specific with the findings if possible. She contacted him Monday morning. He returned her p/c Tuesday leaving a message that she had stage 3 or stage 4 breast cancer. When she spoke to him personally he said stage 2 and acted as if he knew nothing about the message he had left. This is before any CT scan or blood work was performed. We live in NC but my mother has opted to seek treatment in PA.

|  THINKS HE'S GOD!!!!!! Terrible experience with 2 surgeries  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2011

FELL ASLEEP IN THE OR. Dr. Levine and I discussed my cancer surgery and HIPC chemotherapy options at great length and multiple times. At the time he was doing a clinical trial with a new chemo agent that I DID NOT WANT TO USE so I told him to use the traditional chemo. He decided without telling me to use the WRONG CHEMO. never told me until I read the operative report. Needless to say my cancer came back and I went back into surgery with him and he butchered me!!!! Left me for dead and his bedside manner was awful. Didn't want to help me find a Dr. in my home state and said I would be dead in a few months. I'm alive with many complications because of him 2 years later.

|  Peritonel Mesothelioma Surviver  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

We wish to credit Dr. Levine of WFUBMC with providing expert and quality care for Sandi's Peritonel Mesothelioma. She has had the cyto-reductive surgery with IPHC twice. The consequences have been dramatic as she is now 3 years from her initial diagnosis. We want to credit Dr. Levine with helping to extend Sandi's life and we are grateful. We would encourage others looking for a ray of hope against cancer to consult with Dr. Levine.

Jan 31st, 2011

With Gods help...Dr. Levine and his team saved my life from stage 4 colon cancer. I trust him completely to make the right decisions for my care before and after my treatment. Thank you Dr. Levine and wake forest hospital...I will never be able to repay you! Joe Higginbothan

|  Outstanding!  |  show details
by Kyle and Heidi Eubanks on Sep 12th, 2010

Dr. Levine treated my wife for breast cancer over a year ago and she is doing really great! His bedside manner was fantastic and we couldn't have asked for a better doctor. I would recommend him anytime and to anyone.Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!Kyle and Heidi Eubanks

by Susan Boothe on Jul 2nd, 2010

I was refered to Dr.Levine for a benign cystadonoma (sp) 5 years ago. He and his staff have been kind, personable, and professional every year I have been going to see him. He has a wonderful beside manner and he is very knowledgable. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  The Greatest  |  show details
by Roosevelt Greer on May 9th, 2010

You are the coolest Dr I know!!!!!!!!

by The Max Smith Family on Oct 26th, 2009

Dr. Ed Levine is one of the most brilliant people I have known. He is very committed to his patients and to his patient's families. Dr. Levine performed cancer surgery and the Intraperitoneal Heated Chemotherapy procedure on my father and saved his life. Initially, My Dad was given very little hope of survival. That was over three years ago. Dr. Levine and his staff are very professional and are the most brilliant medical professionals I have ever encountered. Additionally, I would like to credit Baptist Hospital for the way they cared for my Dad and handled all appointments with care and understanding. They were very helpful in that they would perform tests and have test results all in the same day if possible to avoid Dad from having to travel to Winston Salem over and over. I cannt say enough good things about this man, his staff and this hospital. We are extremely grateful.

May 24th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Levine since 2005 for my PMP. Thanks to him I am still here. He takes his time in explaining the surgery and answers all of your questions completely until your are satisifed.