Dr. Edward Lewis MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Bryson City, NC

3.0

November 3rd, 2016
Pain Man.
Had a great pitch and at first had me convinced. Then at the pharmacy the meds he changed me to cost more than my income. He never followed threw with my insurance.and refured me to another doctor without going threw my PCP. Overall this doctor would have cost me 3 times my income if I had not figured out what was going on in time.

October 29th, 2016
A doctor with a heart
Dr. Lewis is the first doctor to "get real" with us, to tell us what is happening, what our options are. He spent over an hour visiting with us, and was literally the only one in a long string of pain management doctors to tell us the hard, honest, painful truth about our situation. We is patient, compassionate, and listens. Everybody else just turned us away without one explanation. Dr. Lewis is an advocate for trying to right what is so horribly wrong with pain management in our country. After literally close to half a dozen referrals, he was the ONLY one with the guts to tell us like it is...and it's not very pretty at all. EVERY pain management doctor needs to learn from him!!

October 13th, 2016
Needs to have his license revoked.
Is this guy for real? terrible bedside manners actually had the nerve to mention to me on my first appointment that he get's complaints all the time and boasted that it doesn't do them any good as they I assume the hospital review board does nothing about it. has never done one EKG on me after complaining of serious side effects I was experiencing with a dangerously high pulse. He pushes risky expensive procedures rather than try to medicate. He is very anti-opiate then he should not a p/m DR

September 20th, 2016
BEWARE he's a loose cannon.
He is not only rude cocky and a bleeding hear liberal on his own personal crusade to rid the world of opiates even though they are legal in this country, they are sometimes required to control pain and if he feels that strongly against using them he should be in another field a 2 hour wait is not uncommon his staff is also rude and he sets the example. Perhaps he should practice voodoo or become a witch Dr instead.

May 11th, 2016
Everyone is an Addict
Dr. Lewis has no problem telling you that he has been in the business for 30 years and that he knows an addict when he sees one. I have been off of pain meds for the last 2 years, yet he called me an addict to my face! He then tells me that even though I have a failed spinal that there is no way that I am in pain. Thats funny because I have found 7 back surgeons who beg to differ and they are the ones that sent me to him! He has no problem making his patients wait for hours beyond their appointment time, if you say something about it he states "I'm worth the wait". If you aren't happy with his attitude or treatment, then you are a psych case and need therapy. This man does not need to be in pain management! Or even the medical field. He believes that he does no wrong! He believes that he is perfect and a miracle worker!

February 15th, 2016
Dr Lewis is very good. He's patient and very knowledgeable.

September 15th, 2015
An excellent doctor, attentive and has managed the sitation effectively and expediently.

April 22nd, 2015
Thoroughly impressed with Dr. Lewis. Went out of his way to discuss everything with me!

December 30th, 2014
Unprofessional and rude
He complained about palliative care doc referring me inappropriately; spent less than 5 minutes with me and no exam. Rude and unprofessional. Have NEVER had a doc spout off about his community of physicians in this manner before.

July 17th, 2014
A very impressive doctor!
Dr Lewis treated my pain condition for 2 years. He recommended that I see a spine surgeon on my first visit with him. He showed me my MRI and explained why surgery ultimately would be necessary. I told him I wanted to try other options. He gave me a few epidural injections over the 2 year period which brought me great relief. Finally, he repeated my MRI and told me that my condition was worsening and he strongly recommended that I see a spine surgeon. I asked him to do one more epidural but he said it was not in my best interest. So, I had surgery. I am almost completely pain free now. Dr. Lewis was always kind and compassionate. I was told by my surgeon in Asheville that Dr. Lewis was the best pain doctor in town. His waiting room was always full of patients. Sometimes we talked among ourselves. Many had been seeing him for years. We all agreed that he had made a tremendous improvement in our lives. Sometimes I got right in and sometimes I waited a little while, but the wait was worth it. I'm surprised by some of the comments I see on this site, but most people are quick to complain and few people take the time to compliment.

June 18th, 2014
improved but still prejudging- ? procedural skills
I am a "prematurally retired" R.N. unable 2 work as result of MVA resulting in chronic pain & numbness. I 1st saw Dr Lewis several years ago and his 1st words "over medicated" eventhough I allways undertake meds r/t potential for addiction. His personal interaction was very rude- tossed a bottle Cymbalta 2 me without instructions. He however did an excellent job administrating a upper spinal injection that was effective. I have since been off all narcotic pain meds @ my own requests while seeing another doc. My discomfort has been worsening so I returned 2 Dr Lewis hoping 2 manage it with his previously effective injections- however this time I wasnt so fortunate. He appeared very tired and red-eyed and during the procedure he was hurried & local pain inj hadnt fully taken effect & he had difficulty inserting the main inj. I could feel the needle moving around as he searched for the correct placement. I now have increased pain from my shoulder blades, neck, &arms. His personal interaction has improved, but he still gives the obvious impression that everyone having pain is faking just 2 get narcotics for abuse or sale. If you read this Edward, please consider that a person is innocent until proven guilty!

May 7th, 2014
Worst person ever
I went down the first time to see this doctor took him 4 hours to get in to see me I got a shot in the back the next week I go back because it did not help like I told him it would not I sit there for about 45 mins in the little room the lady comes in and says WE HAD TO CALL AND WAKE HIM UP HE WILL BE HERE IN A HOUR HOUR AND A HALF I was like your kidding me I come all this way and he cant even get his self out of bed then because I told her it was better to call people and say look the doctor is lazy sorry lets do your att another day they kicked me out the office WORST PERSON!