Dr. Edward Akelman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Edward Akelman?

The very best in Medicine

Posted on September 30th, 2015

Kind, patient, and professional. Office staff wonderful.

Repeat Patient for all the Right Reasons

Posted on May 6th, 2013

Dr. Akelman operated on my wrist in 1990. I had fractured my wrist a year prior and it simply did not heal properly. Dr. Akelman grafted bone from my hip and used a screw to put my scaphoid back together. This was the end of a year-long bout with pain and discomfort. At that time he told me that I may be more likely to get carpal tunnel in this wrist. He was right. Symptoms began creeping up a few years ago and I revisited his office in Jan 2013 when I decided I couldn't deal with the nighttime pain any longer. Dr. Akelman assured me he could rid me of pain with a simple, low risk surgery. He was right again. I am about 1 month post op and my left wrist is fine again. I can't speak for anyone but my two experiences with Dr. Akelman were very positive. I would recommend him without reservation.

Arrogant!!!

Posted on April 14th, 2013

Where do I begin? Went to him for a consult about hand pain. Gave my history, which was complicated, to the PA. By the time he got in the room after consulting with her it was clear I was not going to be an easy case of surgery and would actually require some thought on his part which he was not capable of/not willing to do. Stated to me "if I had a magic wand, what would you like me to do for you?" in an unbelievably condescending tone. When I stated that I would like the cause of my pain to be determined all he had to offer was a cortisone shot and got very arrogant and annoyed when I refused this, explaining that I wanted an etiology to be determined. TOTALLY unhelpful and NASTY. The practice is like "Hands are Us", packed waiting room, just interested in processing patients quickly and performing standardized surgeries. BTW, please note that he has been involved in a wrong site surgery. The man just isn't very bright on top of his arrogance.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on July 21st, 2011

In the fall of 2010, after much research and reading of others reviews, I decided to make an appt. with Dr. Akelman. My hands had been bothering me for the last few years with carpal tunnel. Well, let me tell you that it was the best decision that I could have ever made. Dr. Akelman and his staff were wonderful. I had the surgery done on both hands and had instant relief. No more pain and tingling and there was no scar left at all. I highly recommend Dr. Akelman. So much so that I've already recommended 3 others to him and my husband is going for carpal tunnel surgery in 2 weeks. Go see Dr. Akelman and you wont be disappointed. My thanks to the Dr and his great staff.

Doctor's Response

Thank you. Ed Akelman

Teaching Tennis Pro

Posted on September 20th, 2010

Knowalable, Friendly, Patient, complete.

Posted on November 18th, 2009

Exceptional bedside manner. Very knowledgeable. Office staff is also exceptional.

Posted on August 8th, 2015