Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Edward Alderete
Dr. Edward Alderete, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Maria, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Hospitalist and Pediatrics. Dr. Alderete is affiliated with Marian Regional Medical Center, Antelope Valley Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital-LA. He speaks English.
Dr. Edward Alderete has the following 3 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re...
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
Dr. Edward Alderete is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Maria, CA.
Dr. Paul Parker
Santa Maria, CA 0.01 mi23
Dr. Dhagash Joshi
Family Medicine, Hospitalist
Santa Maria, CA 0.01 mi10
Dr. Alina Dalmendray
Hospitalist, Internal Medicine
Santa Maria, CA 0.01 mi25