A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Allen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Allen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Allen
Epilepsy Patient Education Learn about epilepsy and seizures in our patient education guide and how this brain disorder affects people.Before Visiting Dr. Allen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Allen, MD is board certified in Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Allen graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Allen has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Grossmont Hospital
- UC San Diego Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward Clark Allen MD is a male Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Edward C. Allen practice?
- Dr. Edward Allen has 6 office locations.
Dr. Edward Allen practices Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry near San Diego, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Bakersfield, CA and La Jolla, CA.
See San Diego Psychiatrists.