Edward J Armbruster, DO, MA
Video profile
1203 Langhorne Newtown Rd
Suite 220
Langhorne, PA 19047
Locations and availability (6)

• Currently 3.8082191780822 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  An exceptional friend and doctor  |  show details
by rodney richards on Jul 17th, 2014

Dr Armbruster is an exceptional orthopeadist because he has a teriffic bedside manner - personable, friendly, intelligent consultation and conversation - very much better than all other doctors i've had to consult. And as a good doctor prescribed surgery only if, if, my shoulder starts with extreme pain (and not close yet). I trust him implicitly and he's earned my complete confidence.

|  Rotator Cuff Surgery  |  show details
by Rich D. on Jul 9th, 2014

In January '14, Dr. Armbruster performed rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder. From my first pre-surgery appointment to my last, he kept me fully informed on my progress, explained everything thoroughly and answered any questions that I had. He was always attentive to any concerns I had during my visits. I would highly recommend Dr. Armbruster to anyone needing surgery. He made the entire process a positive experience. I did not rate the "visit follow ups" category because it was not applicable.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Grazyna Remus on Jun 25th, 2014

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Edward J Armbruster. He was very understanding and answered all my questions thoroughly. Recommended his best advice for my specific situation. He was very friendly and I would recommend him to all my friends.

Apr 23rd, 2014

Dr. Armbruster is highly recommended. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is an excellent surgeon. His diagnosis was on the mark and my surgery was a success. The doctor thoroughly explained the procedure and the follow up care was great. My carpal tunnel release brought back all my feeling with no more numbness or pins needle feeling.

|  Administrative Assistant  |  show details
by Josephine Tramontana on Apr 23rd, 2014

Of all the doctors I have had in my lifetime, Dr. Armbruster is by far the greatest. From the moment I met him to the completion of my treatment for a terrible triage to the elbow, he took the time to explain every procedure. His bedside manner and his skill in surgery exceeded my expectations.

by Helena on Apr 17th, 2014

I am well please by my experience with Dr. Armbruster .my surgery went well and I had no pain after the surgery for a reverse sholder surgery . I had surgery on Feb 28 and I am able to use my arm very well.

|  Excellent Service  |  show details
by Justina Dunton on Apr 11th, 2014

The best thing about Dr. Armbruster is his friendly smile and approach in all my years of visiting any Dr office I never felt this happy and satisfied with the staff, the Dr and the service I will recommend this practice and Dr. Armbruster to any friend family member or just anyone that I know that may be looking for a good hand surgeon.

|  Hand surgery  |  show details
by William Doane on Apr 10th, 2014

Did a great job, Completely satisfied.

Jan 9th, 2014

We could not have gotten better care!

|  Surgery was a success!  |  show details
by Patricia Nalley on Jan 2nd, 2014

Dr. Armbruster corrected my trigger fingers on both hands and am happy to say that I'm able to easily get back into my normal routine again thanks to him. I wish all doctors gave the time and patience that Dr. Armbruster so effortlessly provides. What a joy to be around!

|  OUTSTANDING SURGEON  |  show details
by John Hobson on Dec 11th, 2013

Outstanding experience. Very professional with excellent skills.

|  bicep tendon repair  |  show details
by john on Dec 8th, 2013

Dr. Armbruster is a master at what he does, from accurate diagnosis, getting me scheduled quickly for surgery, taking time explaining options and procedure and thorough follow up after, both his skill in surgery and his bedside manner are superb. Natania Streeter on his OT staff is an excellent therapist getting me back to full range of motion. Overall it was an outstanding experience and I've healed completely within the timeline he expected. If you need repair for arm I cannot recommend Dr. Armbruster more highly, he is the best!

|  Satisfaction with service  |  show details
by Elaine Gummel on Nov 30th, 2013

I was very please with Dr. Armbruster. He was a caring person who explained everything well.

|  Great Doc!  |  show details
by Joanna C. on Nov 14th, 2013

Dr Armbruster did an excellent job explaining the problems and options for treatment. He was caring and compassionate at all visits. He made me feel like I mattered to him.

|  Great Doc, Surgeon  |  show details
by Frank S on Nov 14th, 2013

My of my best experiences ever with a Doctor. Great surgeon. You will always feel at ease under his care.

|  Mr.  |  show details
by Robert Howard on Jul 3rd, 2013

After having injured myself lifting a table, my arm swelled up. I saw an Orthopedic doctor who referred me to Dr. Armbruster. Surgery was definitely recommended for a torn Lower Distal Bicep Tendon. I spoke with Dr. Armbruster. He gave me multiple options, surgery being the last as usual. But this would return my arm to FULL capability. After having surgery I took P/T as recommended and I am back to work at full capability. He has been the best surgeon I have ever had. He was always in touch with my progress and condition. My wife even said she felt good about this surgery due to his concern about my condition and my allergies to Anesthesia. The scar I have is barely noticeable, as well as, NO scar tissue beneath the incision location. I would DEFINITELY refer him to anyone that would need surgery from the Shoulder to the Fingers. He is excellent., I have also met some of his other patients while taking P/T and they all agreed that he was the best surgeon they have ever had. He is very thorough and always insists to call him with any question you may have. I hope that I never need surgery again, but if I do, I will contact Dr. Armbruster first before getting a consult.

|  6yr old son with broken elbow  |  show details
by Ann Marie Leach on Jun 17th, 2013

The most important message I want to leave about our experience with Dr. Armbruster is that he is very understanding and adaptable to a situation. My 6yr old son with Asperger’s syndrome requires additional patience, explanation and understanding during times of anxiety and stress. Dr. Armbruster handled him beautifully. My son was so afraid of the machine to remove casts and Dr. A, was so patient with him, took the whole thing apart to show him how it worked, explained every little bit of what he was going to do, etc.. It helped calm my son and we were able to get through it without tears. I’m sure that all children require a physician to be flexible and adaptable and I’m sure he handles all kids that way. But, as a parent of a child with special needs, I can never know what to expect and just appreciate so very much a physician with patience and experience. And, most importantly I could tell that he had a genuine desire to make our experience a good one. While I certainly hope none of my children break anymore bones, I know exactly where I’m going if they do!

|  Success without surgery  |  show details
by EA on Jun 13th, 2013

While it took the better part of a year to get back to normal from a rotator tear and resultant frozen shoulder, Dr. Armbruster never gave up hope we could do this without surgery. It was a pleasant surprise to find a doctor willing to take the longer, more patient (and probably less remunerative) path. The only downside along the way was the waiting time at his Hamilton office, but the results were worth the minor inconvenience.

|  Treatment Successful  |  show details
by Patty N on Apr 15th, 2013

Dr. Armbruster is very personable, knowledgeable and easy to talk to which is really important to me. Although most practices now have a nurse practitioner seeing you in place of the doctor, I was happy to have been able to speak with and see the actual doctor I was referred to. Love the staff too at the Newtown-Langhorne location which always makes going to the doctor much more pleasant when you're not feeling well. Thanks to all of you!

|  Wonderful experience  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2013

Dr. Armbruster made me feel safe and comfortable going into my surgery. This was the first major surgery that I have ever had. Dr. Armbruster answered all of my questions and concerns in a very professional manner that helped me to understand exactly what was going to happen before, during, and after the surgery. Follow-ups were always prompt, courteous, and informative. I have recommended him to others who would benefit from his expertise and will keep his name in mind when others are searching for an orthopaedic surgeon.

Nov 7th, 2012

Dr. Armbruster is a very caring doctor. He put my mind at ease immediately after meeting him for the first time. My recovery from rotar cuff surgery is do in part to his excellent work as a surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone.

Oct 24th, 2012

Dr. Armbruster is a professional, caring, and precise physician. On evaluation, he gets right to the point and explains to you what needs to be done. This includes before, during, and after the procedure. His mannerism and enthusiasm is outstanding. I felt very blessed to have him as my surgeon. Thank you.

Oct 23rd, 2012

By anyone's standards, I had a very serious injury. I shattered my elbow in a biking accident. It is now 4 months out and I have regained at least 95% of my pre-accident mobility, with no restrictions! I attribute all of this to Dr. Armbruster's expertise. Really, he worked magic in the OR. He's also very pleasant and encouranging during the recovery period. I very highly recommend him to anyone with a serious injury. Outstanding!

|  Wouldnt have wanted it any other way  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

I deff recomend Dr Edward J Armbruster. very proffesional and serious about his work all in a friendly manner same goes for all his assistants. he strikes confidence on what he is talking about and goes straight to the point on how the situation must be taken care of. I am very happy and very satisfied with the attention and treatment i received. from pre-surgery visits to post-surgery. I really appreciate what he has done for me.

|  Ron Dziminski  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

Being a firefighter and hurt on the job I was a lil scared that I was going to get a fly bye Dr. But let me tell you!! I was looked after and had Surgery on my elbow like I was the Pres.of the U.S Dr.Armbruster , was the best he got me back to work in no time! For that I thank you Dr. Armbruster!With that said if you are looking for a Orthopaedic Dr. Look no more i'm telling you go to Mercer -Bucks Orthopaedics,Ron Dziminski

|  Thank you!  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2012

Dr. Armbruster went above and beyond. He's a conservative surgeon and doesn't like to do surgery if he can avoid it. In my case, surgery was unavoidable. Despite a devastating injury to my wrists and a bleak outcome of regaining full use of my hands, I have no doubt that Dr. Armbruster's superior skills are the reason that I've regained 90% of my strength and mobility and am currently back to performing all of my every day activities with no restrictions, and very little discomfort in my wrists.THANK YOU!!!

|  Dr. Armbruster is the Best!!!  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

I have had 5 right shoulder surgeries prior to seeing Dr. Armbruster. Along with those 5 previous surgeries cam constant pain, loss of Range of Motion, and those God awful pain medications.Dr. Armbruster evaulated my problem, explained to me in great detail what he could do to fix the problem, and then explained all of the side effects that might occur after surgery. He even strongly suggested that I seek a second and third opinion.After deciding to go ahead with the Total Reverse Shoulder Replacement surgery, Dr. Armbruster instilled his confidence in me that the surgery would be successful.After three months have passed since my surgery, I have remarkable increased Range of Motion, no pain, and I am no longer taking pain medication.Kudos to Dr. Armbruster and his entire staff. I highly recommend Dr. Armbruster for any patient.

Sep 7th, 2012

Dr Edward Ambruster was great. My son broke his thumb in two places. The care provided made my son feel at ease.

Aug 30th, 2012

The office staff at Mercer Bucks in the Lawrenceville NJ office were very rude and nasty. It's a shame because the doctor is fantastic. I would not return to this office I have to make my appointments for the office in Hamilton.

Aug 16th, 2012

Excellent Doctor. Very professional and yet very down to earth. Explains things in depth but in simple terms. Highly skilled.

|  High Marks  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

I never felt rushed. Dr. Armbruster explained everything thoroughly and spent enough time with me to answer all my questions. His manner is caring and professional.

|  MANY THANKS, DR. ARMBRUSTER AND STAFF!  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Armbruster to my family and friends should they be in need of surgical or non-surgical hand care. Not only did Dr. Armbruster and his entire staff advise me of all the procedural options for my injury in a manner that was easily understood, but they made every effort to ensure my personal comfort in a professional and friendly environment. The doctor and his team were effective and efficient from start to follow-up, including emergency scheduling for both my initial post-injury visit and subsequent next-day surgery when surgery became the chosen option. Dr. Armbruster's good-natured personality is a plus. And, as he told me, he has a personal commitment to and feels personally rewarded by improving his patient' lives. For more information, I found the following Mercer-Bucks Orthpaedics website to be useful: www.mercerbucksortho.com. Many thanks, Dr. Armbruster and staff!

|  MANY THANKS, DR. ARMBRUSTER AND STAFF!  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Armbruster to my family and friencds should they be in need of surgical or non-surgical hand care. Not only did Dr. Armbruster and his entire staff advise me of all the available procedural options for my injury in a manner that was easily understood, but they made every effort to ensure my personal comfort in a professional and friendly environment. The doctor and his team were effective and efficient from start to follow-up, including emergency scheduling for my initial post-injury visit and subsequent next-day surgery when surgery became the chosen option. Dr. Armbruster's good-natured personality was a plus. And, as he told me, he has a personal commitment to and feels personally rewarded by improving his patients' lives. For more information, I found thefollowing Mercer-Buks website to be useful: www.mercerbucksortho.com. Many thanks, Dr. Armbruster and staff!

May 23rd, 2012

In my opinion, Dr. Armbruster is an excellent physician. He is thorough and caring. I would recommend him highly. I had several significant problems with the office though. They refuse to see you without a referral. The first day I came quite late and was working on having my PC send electronic referral. They would not look at my son's broken finger (displaced fracture) because I did not have the referral. We were sent home. I was told by my PC that the referral had been sent then, but I guess the doctor had left. My last visit they again told me I would not be seen because I did not have a referral. I told them that there should have been several visits from my last referral. They made me call my PC, wait, then said they would see me without it. Turns-out the less-than-efficient receptionist NEVER CHECKED MY REFERRAL! I, in fact, had several visits left and she never bothered to look. My PC is no longer recommending this practice, which is a shame because Dr. Armbruster is wonderful. I hope someone there reads this and gets things worked-out. Most of the staff there are great; I just got a couple of bad ones it seems. Both problems happened in their Lawrenceville office. I had better results in the Hamilton office.

|  GOOD DOCTOR/ BAD WAITING ROOM  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

Dr Armbruster gets top marks for the accurancy of his diagnosis and for not rushing to push surgery as the first option to fix my problem. However, once surgery became inevitable, I feel fortunate to have had such a skilled surgeon. He is very personable and has great bedside manner. I hated the waiting room service. With the exception of today, 5-16-12, (my last doctor's visit) there was NEVER a time when I did not sit that waiting room for 50 minutes or longer waiting to be called for my appointment. I work. I'm a professional; and my time is just as important to me. Making me sit for more than a hour when I had an appoinmtent is in excusable. Very bad. Not right. Stop overbooking.

May 8th, 2012

Often when treated by a medical specialist there is an arrogance. The Doctor fells the need to pontificate to his patient & not discuses the issues. Dr. Armbruster,in addition to being a wonderful surgeon, treats his patents like a friend. Making eye contact with you he explains in detail what he is going to do, then what he did and what you can expect. He is an excellent listener & takes his time answering all your questions.A talented surgeon with great apathy for his patients!

Apr 25th, 2012

Very Skilled, Highly Recommanded. Very easy to talk to and explain your condition to.Explains your options, both pros and cons in a manner that you can easily understand in order to make an informed decision. Extremely satisfied with my outcome.

|  Mr. Edward C. Brown  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

Dr. Armbruster was very personable and approachable. He accurately diagnosed my problem and explained to me what my choices were, and what to expect during and after my carpal tunnel release procedure. He and his staff were very courteous and answered all questions I had, and completed my procedure with the utmost care and professionalism. Post-op care was appropriate and on target.I would highly recommend this doctor for this procedure.

|  Wonderful and Caring Doctor and Staff  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

DR. Armbuster performed a torn rotator cuff and torn ligament surgery.He was a wonderful doctor, saw me all theway thru recovery and therapy.I could not have asked for a better doctor.I recommend him to anyone with hand, shoulder or arm problems.He was very caring and understandingI would trust him with any injury that I had.Took several business cards and plan togive them to anyone who needs an orthopaedic surgeonMy husband is also very impressed and plans to see him for his issues.Angie and Joe Meyers

|  Thank you Dr. Armbruster  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Dr. Armbruster performed surgery to repair my broken wrist. Throughout the entire process I found him to be confident, caring and highly skilled. He took the time to explain things and listen to my questions. I would reccomend him to anyone needing hand/wrist surgery.

Mar 29th, 2012

I would absolutely recommend Dr. Armbruster to anyone who is searching for a doctor to treat their hand/wrist/arm. I broke my wrist two months ago, today I am 95% back to normal and should soon be 100%. Dr. Armbruster is friendly and knowledgeable. He took the time to explain and discuss the procedure and the plate in my arm. I was very happy with his care and could not ask for more. Not that I want to break a bone again, but I would absolutely go back or recommend him to a family or friend.

Feb 2nd, 2012

Dr. Armbruster helped calm my fears and made my husband and I feel comfortable with the surgery, rehab, questions, etc. He is the best!

Jan 27th, 2012

Answered all my questions and was a good listener.

|  A wonderful experience  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2012

From the moment we contacted Mercer Bucks Orthopedics,to the moment my son Jarett completed his treatment - we dealt with highly professional and courteous staff members. Dr. Armbruster was very engaged in explaining Jarett's condition, plan of action, and follow up treatment. Excellent care - excellent job! Thank you so much!

Jan 16th, 2012

Dr. Armbruster is a great doctor. He performed a very risky scaphoid surgery on my son, that included a bone graft. I can not begin to tell you how excellent Dr. Armbruster is. God has truly blessed him with the wisdom and knowledge in his specialty.

Jan 11th, 2012

Dr. Armbruster performed rotator cuff surgery on my left arm, explaining what the surgery entailed, and what follow up PT would be required. He explained my choices before I decided on surgery, and kept me informed of me post operative care progress in a professional and friendly manner. I highly recommend Dr. Armbruster to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.

Nov 28th, 2011

Dr. Ambruster is very professional, and knows how to treat his patients. If I have to I will recommend him to any one in my family or friends.

|  Excellent Orthopedic Surgeon  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2011

As my review states, all factors are 5/5 for Dr. Armbruster as he is an excellent orthopaedic surgeon. I was extremely fortunate to have Dr. Armbruster perform both of my operations and now I am back to 100% mobility up from 40% post fracture. Dr. Armbruster patiently answered all of my questions and performed both surgeries flawlessly especially considering the difficulty of my complicated fracture. Heather and the rest of the staff at Mercer-Bucks Orthopaedics are highly recommended as well. I highly recommend Dr. Armbruster to anyone and it is nice to know I can rely on him in case of any future orthopaedic surgery needs.

Sep 29th, 2011

was sent to dr armbruster for pain in the right hand, he sent me to another dr for a emg and then after seeing him again he and i both agree on therapy instead of surgery at the present time. if in the future the pain returns and i can't bear it we will then talk about surgery. very happy over all with his practice

|  Awesome!  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

As I sat in a room waiting for a doctor on my first visit, I heard a small child in the next room had broke her arm the night before and the ER sent her to specialist the next morning. Her doctor was amazing, calmy talking to her the whole time he had to set her arm. She went from a horrific scream, as a calm voice kept talking to her, to a laugh. Her doctor did what he had to do without missing beat, and the tenderness he handled it with was very impressive. At that point I was praying that doctor came into my room. As a matter of fact, he did. Dr. Armbruster is not only at the top of his field, he has an awesome caring bed side manner. He performed my surgery over a year ago, my hand is totally fixed! I went back recently for a different problem on the other hand, and have recommended him to anyone I come across with hand trouble. His awesome assistant Heather and he work hand in hand to get you the care you need, but more importantly they care about you.

Sep 15th, 2011

Helen AndrewsI have used Dr. Armbruster several times now and his concern, compassion and caring are traits that not every Dr. has. He listens, explains and understands his patients. Wonderful Dr.!

|  Renee Jobes  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

This Doctor is one of the best I have ever been to .Very personable caring man. He really cares about his patients

Sep 12th, 2011

I'm very pleased with my treatment by Dr. Armbruster. He listened to what I had to say and did not hurry me. His treatment was successful, and I now have full movement back and am pain-free.

Sep 12th, 2011

My overall experience with Dr. Armbruster is excellant. He explains your condition so you understand. He takes his time with you. Dr. always has a smile and makes you feel very comfortable. His staff is polite and there follow-up is great. I have had 3 surgeries and all have been successful.

|  Very Caring  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2010

Dr. Armbruster is very caring and spent time with me. He didn't rush.

|  Excellent!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2009

Dr. A is a caring and compassionate doctor. He really cares about his patient. He explained my problem and took his time.