Dr. Edward Atkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2
  • 10 reviews

November 3rd, 2015
stone age doctors office
Only problem with this office is they DO NOT take any form of credit card payments. So for us that have set the money aside on a credit card you cant use it.

May 23rd, 2013
I don't recommend this doctor
We had a bad experience here. First of all, we do not have insurance, and if you inform a doctor's office of that and ask them to give a discount, they will do that for you. That is because they don't have to spend time dealing with all the insurance paperwork, so they are willing to give a discount. However, this place is the only place we have encountered that doesn't do that. Second, there is a stone-faced secretary who is not very pleasant to interact with. She is not patient with questions and has a thinly-veiled roughness toward customers. Finally, the doctor himself, Atkin, didn't satisfactorily answer all my questions that I had. I asked about using certain products and he gave vague answers. I wanted him to check a bump on my skin, and he hardly looked at it. In conclusion, there are better offices and better dermatologists that you could go to. Don't settle for this guy.

August 17th, 2012
Butcher
First, he gives you a hand-written receipt for everything. My insurance company accepted it, but hassled me a lot because it was hand-written. He needs to get with the times, and use a printer for proper paperwork!Second, I only needed a tiny "thing" removed from the side of my head, just behind my eye. It was about half the size of a pencil eraser, but Dr. Atkin made a cut nearly 4 inches long!!! And it bled so much; I could have sworn his assistant was going to call for an ambulance! Third, his stitching was so poor there is a horrible scare! I spoke to a plastic surgeon, and she was very surprised to see that the puncture marks from the stiches were still so visible 8 months later; not to mention the 4inch scare itself. I only found out later that a plastic surgeon could have performed the surgery and my insurance would have covered it. My advice, stay away from that butcher Dr. Atkins! See a dermatologist for diagnoses, but see a plastic surgeon for the surgery!

July 7th, 2011
Great help with acne, mole removal and general skin check
My 15 year old son has been seeing Dr. Atkin for acne treatment and recently had a mole removed for cosmetic reasons. I have been very impressed with the way he talks to my son directly and with calm compassion. We have been able to get in quickly every time we've called. My son was not at all nervous about the surgery and we were very pleased with the thought and care that Dr. Atkin put in to the incision and stitches. The scarring is minimal and will blend in with the natural lines of my son's face. I was even comfortable enough to go in and have a skin cancer check done on myself - not a ton of fun - but Dr. Atkin made it ok.

February 8th, 2011
Dr, Atkins and his staff were great
I have a great 1st time appt. I called the office and the office lady gave am an appt. got me right in. Dr. was nice and help me with my skin issues. Thanks you so much for all your help.

September 24th, 2010
FYI..........
I have to say to all the people that come on the web site like I do to find a Dr. and read what people say about them is that Dr. Atkins was a great Dr. the office staff was wounderful and the Dr. helped me understand what was wrong with my skin. I think that the people who came here to write some of things they did is they want a free ride in life and want everything for free. the sad thing is you are putting a good Dr. down and all he is trying to do is help you.... I want to tell you all that I would refer. Dr. Atkins to my friends and family and I would see him again.... thanks

July 30th, 2010
Would NOT recommend this Dr
I am very displeased with Dr. Atkin. I went to see him and he seemed very attentive. Unfortunately he didn't pay attention to what I said or what was in my chart info and prescribed me a medication that I had specifically notified him that I was ALLERGIC to. I almost ended up in the hospital over this event and having no insurance the office visit and the medication (that I can't even take) cost more than I could afford. It has taken me a week off the meds to feel better and now I can't even get ahold of him to get him to prescibe something that I can take!!

July 27th, 2010
a great Dermatology office
I came to the dr. as a new patient and what a wounderful visit is was. the Dr. was very helpful and help me find a medication to help with my acne. The nurse was nice as well. The front office lady was nice and helped me understand my insurance and had such a great attitude and smily. What a great office I will tell my friends and come back again.

July 27th, 2010
the front office lady was great nice and that made the visit wounderful..thanks

March 16th, 2010
Unfair business practice
User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars by Unknown 03/16/2010 I saw Dr. Atkin on Nov 2009 because of my skin problem. Dr. Atkin told me that we should do a lab work. I specific asked the doctor and the nurse would my insurance cover the lab work. The nurse took my insurance card and spoke with my insuracne cover the phone. The nurse came back and told me my insurance would cover 100% of the lab work. Couple months later, I receive a bill from the CTA Lab. CTA Lab charge me $ 209.31.Why I was told by the nurse from Dr Atkin office otherwise?Did they want to get me agree to the lab work first and did not care the consequebce that the customer face?If I was told my insurance would not cover the lab work, I would not agree to do the lab work.It is very unfair and unethical business practice