Overall Review

3.2

November 21st, 2016
VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE
Dr Roberts is the laziest doctor that I have ever had the terrible misfortune of meeting. I went to doctor Roberts for pain that started in my hip and went all the way down to the top of my knee. I had all the symptoms of sciatica caused by a herniated disc. This was too difficult for Dr Roberts to figure out. Dr Roberts sent me to physical therapy without a diagnosis. Therefore, the physical therapy that I received was useless without the therapist knowing what injury to treat. I finally got an MRI from Dr Roberts. I had a herniated lumbar disc. Dr Roberts recommended that I have an epidural steroid injection (ESI) for pain relief. Dr Roberts never told me that ESIs only provide temporary pain relief with an associated significant risk of permanent disability if the spinal cord is punctured during the procedure. Dr Roberts never told me that the drugs used for ESIs are not approved by the FDA for epidural administration and have never been proven to be safe or effective for this type of administration. The drugs that are used for ESIs (Kenalog for example) are contraindicated for this purpose by the manufacturers themselves. It says this right on the manufacturer supplied package inserts. Apparently Dr Roberts is not even aware of this. Dr Roberts never bothered to take the time to explain the logic behind ESIs. ESIs only give temporary pain relief while exposing patients to significant risk of permanent disability. In other words, ESIs are extremely dangerous while at the same time useless for any kind of long term pain relief. After doing extensive research on my own about pain relief for herniated discs, I would consider Dr Roberts to be grossly incompetent and careless in his work. I would not recommend Dr Roberts to anyone. Not for any procedure or diagnosis of any kind and without any exceptions of any kind.

April 15th, 2016
Dr. Roberts
Dr. Roberts is very good. I would recommend him to anybody. He's very friendly, nice, and polite. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor.

January 29th, 2016
Happy Client
he was spot on what my problem was with my knee and surgery went very well.

January 26th, 2016
Top notch surgeon and a good and decent man. Courteous and spends more than necessary time before, after and follow up of surgery. Courteous staff.

January 15th, 2016
Excellent work
Dr Roberts is awesome. I got an appointment in a day. Dr Roberts and his staff supported me in my every need. Because of Dr Roberts and physical therapy my knee is as good as before. I recommend him to everyone with a need.

December 15th, 2015
Excellent skill, care and concern
I am 67 and injured my knee. I needed out patient surgery at St. Luke's Patient's Medical Center near the office of Dr. Roberts off 225 in Pasadena, TX. Everything from the first office visit through the surgery and the post op visit to scheduling my physical therapy, was excellent. Thanks so much, Dr. Roberts, for the excellent quality care and concern.

November 3rd, 2015
I have to say one of the best experiences with a doctor. He was very consistent and answered any question I had. If I didn't understand he made sure that I under before I left the office. He explain what would happen during surgery which helped ease some of the concern. I could not have asked for a better doctor to perform my first surgery. Simply amazing.

September 24th, 2015
My wife and I both attended the first two visits and both of us love him. He diagnosed my problem correctly and I am no back to mowing the lawn, working in the yard, working in the garage. He is outstanding at explaining everything you need to know. Would recommend him to everybody I know.

September 11th, 2015
Your health couldn't possibly be in better hands than with this doctor.
Doctor Roberts LITERALLY saved my life. When I got a staph infection in my knee, it was misdiagnosed by my (at the time) primary care physician. By the time I came upon Dr. Roberts, it is estimated that I had, maybe, two hours to live. He quickly realized what the problem was and, I am told (I was unconcious at the time) set about to save me. Dr. Roberts saved my leg and, more importantly, saved my life. I will forever be grateful. Five months later now, my scars are healed and I am able to do pretty much anything I was able to do before my illness. Your health could not possibly be in better hands than with Dr. Roberts.

March 11th, 2015
very pleased
I am very pleased with the way my knee surgery turned out .Dr Roberts and his staff were nice and professional . It was a pleasure to be treated by him

March 6th, 2015
treated for my knee pain
very satisfied, felt he was really interested in me as patient and got me back on my feet as quickly as possible. I had operations on both knees and I feel great. I can dance!

February 20th, 2015
Will not be returning...
I had TKR on both knees in 2005. Never regained a sig. amt of bend.Scar tissue abounds. I called and explained to DR. Roberts receptionist the problem..falling often ,exp sciatia ,knees barely bending,pain in left knee esp. They gave me an appt.Did x-rays. He sees the results,examines my knee,says there is nothing he can do to fix them. That I would never get the bend back,period. Did write out orders for physical therapy to help me with my balance. Let me understand this.. knees won't bend,causing falls,stiff knees play havoc with balance,yet I am supposed to go to rehab to "learn" how to keep my balance. I'm pretty sure rehab won't be doing scar tissue removal surgery. Short of a walker or cane,I fail to see how that will make a diff. The knees are the problem. Period. He will not attempt to remove any scar tissue,but is more than willing to send me to rehab to run up a bill for my insurance. I explained to his receptionist about the scar tissue when I called and explained that I needed to be seen to see if it could be removed. I could have flushed my 35.00 co pay and achieved better results.I'll wait until the sign up period this year,change supplements and go to a surgeon in Houston ,who says arthrolysis is a possibility. One final observation. The office smells bad. The outside waiting area has a stinky,moldy smell.I won't be returning anyhow...