A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Edward Balaban:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Edward Balaban is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Edward Balaban, DO, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
Education & Awards
Dr. Balaban graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Balaban has 13 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Horizon
- UPMC South Side
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Edward P Balaban DO and MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Edward P. Balaban practice?
- Dr. Edward Balaban has 2 office locations.
Dr. Edward Balaban practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Coraopolis, PA.
Additional practice locations include: State College, PA.
See Coraopolis Internists, Coraopolis Hematologists, and Coraopolis Oncologists.