Dr. Edward Barrows MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Medford, OR

3.8

November 5th, 2015
great doctor, terrible staff
Great doctor, excellent communication with patient; his staff is TERRIBLE with follow-up communications.

August 5th, 2015
Excellent Urologist/Surgeon
I and my Family would highly recommend Dr. Barrows. Dr. Barrows does not make you feel well cared for.

July 6th, 2014
Worst Doctor EVER!
Dr. Barrows is a horrible doctor with no integrity and no soul. He doesn't care about his patients, only the bottom line. It's worth traveling outside of the valley for decent care. AVOID this man and his colleagues!!!!

March 4th, 2013
Cancer
I have been a patient of Dr Barrows for 15 years.At 45 I had bladder cancer and another Dr told me I was fine having removed all of my cancer.Dr Barrows saved my life.I am appalled at the other review and can not understand what happened..He is very honest a little vauge sometimes on description ,but he does listen and always follows up.His office staff are amazing every last one of them going above and beyond always .When you go in the waiting room and it's always full ,what does that tell you people he is my hero.

February 14th, 2013
Patient
I was terrified after reading some of these reviews. I was prepared to leave if he seemed as bad as some if these reviews. Well, I have seen him twice and found him professional, reassuring and truthful. His office staff were very helpful as well.

October 4th, 2012
Find Another Doctor!
What a nightmare. Doctor Barrows is arrogant, rude, has zero communication skills. I would strongly urge anyone who is considering Barrows as his doctor to keep looking.

October 9th, 2011
Wife of recent prostate cancer patient Sept 2011
My husband was recommended to Dr. Barrows by our family doctor at Providence. Please stay away from this doctor as he is the worst doctor we have ever encountered.I wish I could leave my phone number so you could call us. Our story has a happy ending as we quickly got to OHSU in Portland Oregon where we were treated with great kindness and respect and my husband is now cured (his bloodwork is perfect following surgery at OHSU).Here are the highpoints of our experience:1)Dr. Barrows was disrespectful overall to our family. He called with the cancer diagnosis late on a Sunday night. We found out he had our lab results for 4 days before calling.2)He hinted strongly that my husband could already be late stage cancer - the Portland doctors laughed at this, it was a scare tactic.3)He was worst in person, when we had tears - he stood up - signaling the meeting was over4)When we said we were going to another doctor he made it difficult to get all our medical records away from his office efficiently5)Since then, we have spoken to many others in the Medford, Oregon area who have also had terrible results with this doctor - but had nowhere to tell their story.Please - seek a second opinion! Get away from this doctor as quickly as possible as he is toxic. You will be glad you did. There are other very skilled and caring doctors at OHSU here in Oregon.

January 11th, 2011
This doctor explained all of my options with me in the kindest manner. My surgerywent beautifully and his follow up was amazing.

October 14th, 2010
Jack
I found Dr. Barrows to be very competent, efficient, forthright and he has small fingers. All characteristics I value in a urologist.

August 22nd, 2010
This doctor was my worst nightmare. He seemed angry. It was hard for me to make this appointment anyway and he made me never want to see a urologist again. Everything I asked him about he gave me worst case senerio like it was the only case senerio and in an angry manner. Scary. Even his staff seemed on edge.